Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Kicked out of USAT???

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Wow. So an alcoholic can sit at a bar without drinking? A pedophile does not recover, PERIOD!

No they are not cured, just like an alcoholic is not cured. You can argue that statistics show that a sexual offender is less likely to relapse than an alcoholic, however placing that person in an environment where there is temptation is just irresponsible on both the offender and the people placing him there and are well aware of his background.

But with all of that said ask yourself this, if you knew he was a pedophile, who "paid his debt" to society, would you allow him to coach your own children or your students?

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Since he still has to register as a sex offender, he LEGALLY has to stay away from kids! "Debt to society" paid or not. My guess is, it would be a parole violation for him to teach/coach kids. Oh brother. Let's overhaul this piece as the rest of the USAT gets overhauled.

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Since he still has to register as a sex offender, he LEGALLY has to stay away from kids! "Debt to society" paid or not. My guess is, it would be a parole violation for him to teach/coach kids. Oh brother. Let's overhaul this piece as the rest of the USAT gets overhauled.
Parole was over when I found out. He is married to a police officer I believe. To his "credit" parents of his students were notified, although I had a parent call me from another Chicago school saying they had gone to seminars at that school and not been told.

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You have to be under a rock to not know about the sex offender thing and the lasting effects. I mean, it's in the media everywhere you look. Sex offender registration etc, keeping them away from kids....how can somebody NOT know?!

Read the letter posted to the USAT membership today. YES, they are that STUPID! (emphasis not at granfire, at the idiots). They don't get it. I am a meanie because I pushed it. I was accused of pursuing a personal vendetta on the issue. They didn't even want the vote in the minutes. So yes, they are really really that dumb.

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
No they are not cured, just like an alcoholic is not cured. You can argue that statistics show that a sexual offender is less likely to relapse than an alcoholic, however placing that person in an environment where there is temptation is just irresponsible on both the offender and the people placing him there and are well aware of his background.But with all of that said ask yourself this, if you knew he was a pedophile, who "paid his debt" to society, would you allow him to coach your own children or your students?
absolutely not. There is no way to "pay your debt to society". Castration and permanent gps locators would be a good start though.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Read the letter posted to the USAT membership today. YES, they are that STUPID! (emphasis not at granfire, at the idiots). They don't get it. I am a meanie because I pushed it. I was accused of pursuing a personal vendetta on the issue. They didn't even want the vote in the minutes. So yes, they are really really that dumb.
<3

you are a really big meany, making them do their job right! :lol:

hal-apino

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm glad to see that this thread has come back to life. I never knew that Kareem was a sex offender. Why did he feel the need to hurt the Taekwondo community like that? Why would he even get involved if that was his motivation? There are far more acceptable outlets for a strong libido. I think Kareem was as good a basketball player as Wilt Chamberlain, and look at how many women that Wilt enjoyed. Kareem could have pulled down at least half as many women, and then he wouldn't have had to "soil his oats" with youngsters involved with Taekwondo.

Sad story indeed.

He is not the basket ball Star and it's sad that he took on his name

Latest Discussions