Karate's Breaking/Tameshiwari has lineage to Korean Breaking Kihapsul/Kiaijutsu

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
S

Steven Lee

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Just because I hate Japan doesn't mean bias in contents. It's a happy coincidence. Whether there is a bias or not is decided by logic (& specific fallacies), not whether I have hatred. Hence the phrase, happy coincidence. The same goes for me favoring some conclusions. If that happens to be true, happy coincidence. As for whether certain conclusions must be drawn from certain references or not is up to the logic.

Favoring conclusion is not a bias. It "can" create a bias. Bias is a simple matter of logic. Provide counter-evidences or counter-logic instead of claiming bias because of my obvious hatred to Japan (including half-Japanese or whatever). Bias is not provided by emotions but by logic. Can favor certain conclusions while those conclusions are still true anyway without any bias.

If there was no Dan system in Kung Fu, then what was the Gwonbeop which Mas Oyama learned? He became 1st Dan in his second year in middle school.

Sit up in boxing is specifically for taking hits. It's not specifically for boxing though. That's what I meant when I said Iron Palm isn't really like a regular Kung Fu. I don't care really. Let Iron Palm be a Kung Fu. What difference does it make? Let's say Karate's Breaking/Tameshiwari culture started by Iron Palm's Breaking culture. Now, as for the specific hand strike Mas Oyama taught, how is it? Rotating shoulder means your shoulder moves in to front when you are punching. So, when you punch, the shoulder on that side is moving to front. That creates bigger mass in motion, which results a bigger impact. Also, there is an extra strength & speed coming from shoulder to the fist on that side.

"There may very likely be a bias" is not a bias logically analyzed. It's a wish made.

Last edited:

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just because I hate Japan doesn't mean bias in contents. It's a happy coincidence. Whether there is a bias or not is decided by logic (& specific fallacies), not whether I have hatred. Hence the phrase, happy coincidence. The same goes for me favoring some conclusions. If that happens to be true, happy coincidence. As for whether certain conclusions must be drawn from certain references or not is up to the logic.

Favoring conclusion is not a bias. It "can" create a bias. Bias is a simple matter of logic. Provide counter-evidences or counter-logic instead of claiming bias because of my obvious hatred to Japan (including half-Japanese or whatever). Bias is not provided by emotions but by logic. Can favor certain conclusions while those conclusions are still true anyway without any bias.

If there was no Dan system in Kung Fu, then what was the Gwonbeop which Mas Oyama learned? He became 1st Dan in his second year in middle school.

Sit up in boxing is specifically for taking hits. It's not specifically for boxing though. That's what I meant when I said Iron Palm isn't really like a regular Kung Fu. I don't care really. Let Iron Palm be a Kung Fu. What difference does it make? Let's say Karate's Breaking/Tameshiwari culture started by Iron Palm's Breaking culture. Now, as for the specific hand strike Mas Oyama taught, how is it? Rotating shoulder means your shoulder moves in to front when you are punching. So, when you punch, the shoulder on that side is moving to front. That creates bigger mass in motion, which results a bigger impact.

"There may very likely be a bias" is not a bias logically analyzed. It's a wish made.
You call yourself a scholar???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

So. Who likes ice cream?

OP
S

Steven Lee

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Laughing doesn't change logic. Can favor certain conclusions and still be right without bias. Can have hatred against opponent yet still be right without bias. I can conclude conclusions against my favor despite me favoring (& hatred towards opponent) the opposite conclusion. Also, the conclusion in my favor can be the correct one regardless of me favoring that conclusion anyway. The opponent I hate can be the bad one. Happy coincidence in such cases.

Yeah, I see myself as an amateur historian. And I'm trying to persuade objective people & historians (scholars). I don't care for the rest of people. They don't move anything in the reality anyway.

Last edited:

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Laughing doesn't change logic. Can favor certain conclusions and still be right without bias. Can have hatred against opponent yet still be right without bias.

Yeah, I see myself as an amateur historian. And I'm trying to persuade objective people & historians (scholars).
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Here is an idea: enroll in a reputable, accredited colllege and take some classes in Research Methods and in Statistics. These courses will help you understand legitimate research and problems such as bias.

Research Methods is often offered within the appropriate department for the major topic. For example, i studied Social Science and I took two semesters in Research Methods through the Sociology Department. People majoring in psychology will take Research Methods through the Psychology Department, and the course will be tailored to the methods used in psychological research, which will be different from those used in Sociology.

For you, I suggest you look in the History Department.
And take some classes in Asian History with a focus in Japanese and Korean history, just to round out your education.

Youve got a lot to learn.

OP
S

Steven Lee

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My research is fine. There are tons of references from scholarly sources & news organization sources that weren't damaged in reputation. Those are typical reputable sources by academic standards. There's no bias. No one is naming any specific fallacy. You wish there was a bias. Just because I favor some conclusion doesn't mean I weighed in anything unfairly. Just because I have a hatred doesn't mean I weighed in anything unfairly.

Like I said, I'm just going to spread the truth & facts, hoping to connect to objective people & historians (scholars). Also, accusation doesn't do anything in reality. I can say "distortion & denial VS proofs". Did that do anything for you? That's what you are doing to me. Except that I'm the right one with actual backed up evidences. Also, I'm not the one with goals & agenda (I reject all such people).

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My research is fine. There are tons of references from scholarly sources & news organization sources that weren't damaged in reputation. Those are typical reputable sources by academic standards. There's no bias. No one is naming any specific fallacy. You wish there was a bias. Just because I favor some conclusion doesn't mean I weighed in anything unfairly. Just because I have a hatred doesn't mean I weighed in anything unfairly.

Like I said, I'm just going to spread the truth & facts, hoping to connect to objective people & historians (scholars).
Regardless of your sources, your reputation is damaged. Nobody takes anything you say seriously.

OP
S

Steven Lee

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Like I said, I'm just going to spread the truth & facts, hoping to connect to objective people & historians (scholars). If anyone takes what I say seriously, he would know I make sense.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Sit up in boxing is specifically for taking hits. It's not specifically for boxing though. That's what I meant when I said Iron Palm isn't really like a regular Kung Fu. I don't care really. Let Iron Palm be a Kung Fu. What difference does it make? Let's say Karate's Breaking/Tameshiwari culture started by Iron Palm's Breaking culture. Now, as for the specific hand strike Mas Oyama taught, how is it? Rotating shoulder means your shoulder moves in to front when you are punching. So, when you punch, the shoulder on that side is moving to front. That creates bigger mass in motion, which results a bigger impact. Also, there is an extra strength & speed coming from shoulder to the fist on that side.

Since you brought Iron palm into this, I assumed you cared.

As for Mas Oyama and Gwonbeop, couldn't tell you. there are no belt ranks in traditional Chinese martial arts. There is student, senior students and teacher (Shifu) that is pretty much it..until you hit Chairman Mao, then a belt ranking system appears called the Duanwei (Duan) system.

As for bias, the very fact you refer to it as a "Happy Coincidence" is not making a case for you as not being bias.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Like I said, I'm just going to spread the truth & facts, hoping to connect to objective people & historians (scholars). If anyone takes what I say seriously, he would know I make sense.

Might I suggest, when you find these historians/scholars. if they tell you that you are mistaken, just take it and move on. If they tell you that you make a good point and they want to look into if further, congratulations. But I am rather skeptical you will find reputable historians/scholars, that study this, that will agree.

OP
S

Steven Lee

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Not sure if I was the one who brought up Iron Palm first.

So, Mas Oyama probably learned Korean Gwonbeop then. That explains how Mas Oyama was able to describe Chosun(Korean)-Gwonbeop in detail in his book "1 million's Karate".

Whether I have bias or not should be proven in terms of logic & fallacy, not by me hating or favoring whatever. Logically can conclude the correct conclusion even with hatred against opponent & while favoring that conclusion. Happy coincidence is a valid concept.

Like I said, I'm just going to spread the truth & facts, hoping to connect to objective people & historians (scholars). If anyone takes what I say seriously, he would know I make sense. I'm looking for unbiased historians who agree me. And I will not stop nor move on. I'll keep trying.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, well. You come on here with a clear agenda, and people can see through it. You are transparent as Saran Wrap.

Nobody here takes you seriously.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Not sure if I was the one who brought up Iron Palm first.

So, Mas Oyama probably learned Korean Gwonbeop then. That explains how Mas Oyama was able to describe Chosun(Korean)-Gwonbeop in detail in his book "1 million's Karate".

Whether I have bias or not should be proven in terms of logic & fallacy, not by me hating or favoring whatever. Logically can conclude the correct conclusion even with hatred against opponent & while favoring that conclusion. Happy coincidence is a valid concept.

No, I never said that. I have no idea what Mas Oyama learned so I cannot confirm or deny he trained anything called Korean Gwonbeop.

You are never going to admit your bias and most who have them don't, so might as well let that go I guess

OP
S

Steven Lee

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Forget my "agenda", motivation, whatever. Focus strictly on my contents with logic & references.

Yeah, I don't care about the rest of people. I'm focusing on connecting to objective people & historians.

Mas Oyama claimed to have learned Gwonbeop which he became first Dan in his second year of middle school. As for whether that Gwonbeop is Korean Gwonbeop or Chinese Quan Fa was unclear, except that Quan Fa has no such thing as Dan according to you.

I don't have bias in my contents. The conclusions are inferred logically from my references without any bias or fallacy. Happy coincidence that those conclusions happen to be true.

As I said, I'm focusing on connecting to the right people, not all of you. I will just keep on trying by keep spreading the truth.

OP
S

Steven Lee

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I feel that it is an injustice for me, my background (Korea), Korea to lose or share anything Korean. Also, it is about the truth, which is important. The sense of injustice & the sense of truth seeking motivate me to keep doing this. Also, I obviously reject some people no matter what they want. (& no matter what they pretend, my actions & decisions do not change at all in their favor & happiness. I still do and be the same regardless of them.)

Also, for the record, Ad hominem fallacy attacking me and pretending I should be discredited despite how I provide legitimate references and how I conclude legitimate inferences.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Forget my "agenda", motivation, whatever. Focus strictly on my contents with logic & references.

Yeah, I don't care about the rest of people. I'm focusing on connecting to objective people & historians.

Mas Oyama claimed to have learned Gwonbeop which he became first Dan in his second year of middle school. As for whether that Gwonbeop is Korean Gwonbeop or Chinese Quan Fa was unclear, except that Quan Fa has no such thing as Dan according to you.

I don't have bias in my contents. The conclusions are inferred logically from my references without any bias or fallacy. Happy coincidence that those conclusions happen to be true.

As I said, I'm focusing on connecting to the right people, not all of you. I will just keep on trying by keep spreading the truth.
Can’t do it. Your agenda contaminates your message. This is Research Methods beginner-level stuff.

Objective people and historians will not set a place for you at their table.

OP
S

Steven Lee

Blue Belt
Reaction score
There's no agenda. Also, whether there's motivation & agenda or not, the contents are still legitimate logically. Whether you pretend the contents are legitimate or not doesn't change its legitimacy. My contents are logically sound & properly referenced.

No, you are just whining a wish about "research method". My contents are properly referenced; the conclusions are inferred correctly; my contents are good. There's nothing else to look for other than logic. And scholars should be able to see it.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I feel that it is an injustice for me, my background (Korea), Korea to lose or share anything Korean. Also, it is about the truth, which is important. The sense of injustice & the sense of truth seeking motivate me to keep doing this. Also, I obviously reject some people no matter what they want. (& no matter what they pretend, my actions & decisions do not change at all in their favor & happiness. I still do and be the same regardless of them.)

Also, for the record, Ad hominem fallacy attacking me and pretending I should be discredited despite how I provide legitimate references and how I conclude legitimate inferences.
Geese man, you need an education. When someone has an agenda to push, their message falls under suspicion. That is how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions