KARATE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

sultaanpk

White Belt
Reaction score
I want to know when next (2015) karate world championshp is going to be held .

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course there are. There are literally thousands of martial arts organizations that engage in competitive sparring. Pretty much all of these will have their own "World Championship".

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wait, what? Karate has more than one World Championship? Noooooooooooo!

I suppose the next thing I'll hear is there's more than one Hall of Fame in Martial Arts.

Drose427

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Like other have said, theres a few.

If youre trying to watch and keep up with one, go on youtube and find the org that regularly posts their events

OP
S

sultaanpk

White Belt
Reaction score
i dont just want to wach i want to participate in one

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

What is your training and experience?
You'd really need to start with local competitions, of course, and the best source for these will be your own instructor.

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
In what way do you want to participate, holding spare groin guards or actually facing off in the ring?

Ok, sorry, I am joking with you! No real offense intended!
...but if you are asking about when such things are and then surprised that there are more than one, it kind of indicates you are (i) very new to martial arts in general and particularly karate and are not going to be anywhere ready to compete at that level; or (ii) an awesomely talented, natural fighter ready and able to step into international tournaments but just need to get up to speed on this karate thing so you can take the title in that also and add it to your ever growing list...or (iii) some form of troll-like entity

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Am not sure on which one but have not placed a large bet on option (ii) as yet.

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

yes, you may believe you can beat them, and you may actually be able to beat them but you will not be able to enter (most of, if not all) those tournaments unless you are a member of an affiliated karate club, signed up to the governing body, of a certain level, etc.

Why do you think you will be able to beat these more experienced fighters? Have you done a lot of training and / or do you have a lot of experience in other striking styles such as muay thai?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to guess that you're self trained, or maybe train with someone who just isn't really into the tournament scene, since you don't realize how many so-called "world championships" there are... (It's kind of like the World Series in baseball... which really only has teams from the US and Canada. Not even Japan... Or calling the Super Bowl winner the "world champion of football"... )

If you search around the web, you can find some tournaments. Give 'em a try... but be prepared for it not to go so good. Tournaments are one sort of game. Imagine a player from last year's Super Bowl finding himself dropped into a "football game" in almost any other country... Think he'd have a bit of a problem, chasing a soccer ball around? Despite being a highly skilled athlete -- he wouldn't know the rules. (I know, he could very well... but work with me. Let's just pretend he's never even heard of the "other" football.) Same thing with walking into a tournament without any real experience in them. Is it a continuous fighting or point tournament? Light contact or heavy? There's a huge difference between a Kyukushkin (forgive me if I mis-spelled it) tournament, an Olympic Tae Kwon Do tournament, and a "generic" point martial arts event. You just might want to go and watch first, huh?

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

If you are asking that kind of question, then it's probably safe to say that you're not qualified to compete in such a competition.

The most widely recognized competition is the World Karate Do Federation (WKF). Each country sends a team of its best competitors for Kata and Kumite divisions, and usually, the competitors will be specialized in either Kata or Kumite competition, rarely both.

To be on your country's team, you have to qualify by at least getting a medal in your country's national championship's elite division. In your case, you would have to qualify through the Pakistan Karate Federation.

Pakistan Karate Federation - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Latest Discussions