Karate didn't invent Breaking/Tameshiwari, Korea had it first

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Also, I'm not into Japanese stuffs. Especially because my life has been hard, I'm not fond of Japan. I don't want anything Japan in my life (sports, girl, electronics, etc).

200.gif

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel really alone & forced upon me things I don't have to do nor want to do on so many things (including personal human rights but also being forced bullshits on sports history). Truth matters. I don't care if someone tells me not to care about the truth. Truth matters in general. Truth matters to me, especially if my label, background (Korea) is tainted, harmed on any loss or profit issues in any way.

th

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't want anything Japan in my life (sports, girl, electronics, etc).
Not sure what this is about but it has nothing to with Martial arts. Whatever you feel that Japan or Japanese people is something you either work out on your own or get some professional help to deal with the trauma that you seem to be dealing with. I wish you the best on that.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
instead of exploding at the start like Karate with no power left at the moment of impact
If this is your conception of Karate's power generation, then your entire chain of logic is questionable. You've compared something which might be TKD power generation to something that is definitely not an accurate view of Karate's. Then you look at it and say, "Nope, breaking doesn't look like that thing (that isn't Karate), so it can't have come from the same place Karate did."

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to give profits to Korea. I'm not trying to do anyone a favor. It is just that, it's unacceptable to tolerate any wrongful harms, losses on anything of mine or anything of my background (Korea). I just don't want to lose or share anything of mine or Korea's. I am being very decent here, especially after everything that has been going on.
Then why are you making fallacious statements about arts from Japan. Is that not also harmful action?

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not sure what this is about but it has nothing to with Martial arts. Whatever you feel that Japan or Japanese people is something you either work out on your own or get some professional help to deal with the trauma that you seem to be dealing with. I wish you the best on that.

There is a big Anti-Japanese Sentiment in Korean culture due to Japanese rule and a belief Japan appropriated their culture.

These feelings are shared by both North and South.

South Koreans openly express this and North Korea puts out propaganda supporting it.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
... Didn't the Koreans invent the Japanese?

Also, I invented breaking.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
True scholars wouldn't quibble nonsense. Objective people wouldn't quibble neither beyond reasonable doubts. I'm here because I'm tired. I feel like it's me against the whole world. I want the truth to be recognized. I don't want to do what I don't have to nor want to. I want bullshits to stop in any topic or any my rights.

Have you ever looked into that a bit more deeply? You say you're tired, and that it's apparently you against the world. Yet you've come on here directly to make statements that brings about that reality. Perhaps your belief brings it about? I'm speaking more broadly about your experience, as I'm sure it's not just confined to martial arts.

You don't have to prove anything to anyone. The needing to prove and have others "side with truth" and side with you may be wearing you out..

You don't have to do that anymore.. worth looking into.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There is a big Anti-Japanese Sentiment in Korean culture due to Japanese rule and a belief Japan appropriated their culture.

These feelings are shared by both North and South.

South Koreans openly express this and North Korea puts out propaganda supporting it.
Yeah I understand that because my wife's family had to hide from them. As bad as it was, that's not the case now and people are going to let the hate for criminals long dead eat at their souls. It's fine to be cautious of a country, race, or group but to hate an entire country to that extent will poison the soul.and the mind. I grew up around a people who had a similar hate for white people because of slavery.and segregation. At some point a person just have to let go of the hate. Now if the OP is currently being abused then that's a different story, which requires a solution that is probably a legal matter.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
So today we learned;

Karate will get you beaten and/or killed in Korea.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I understand that because my wife's family had to hide from them. As bad as it was, that's not the case now and people are going to let the hate for criminals long dead eat at their souls. It's fine to be cautious of a country, race, or group but to hate an entire country to that extent will poison the soul.and the mind. I grew up around a people who had a similar hate for white people because of slavery.and segregation. At some point a person just have to let go of the hate. Now if the OP is currently being abused then that's a different story, which requires a solution that is probably a legal matter.

It's not something that is unique to Korea either, my mother was the only survivor of the Nazi concentration camps, her entire family were killed. The West Indies had their entire indigenous population wiped out, Australia nearly did. I could go on, but each one will be painful for a person on this site I imagine.

I'm not playing down what the Japanese did in Korea, here in the UK we have a lot of people who survived their POW camps including many who were children at the time but thinking you are the only one affected by these actions and making out that you alone are suffering is very wrong. We don't know the background of posters here, perhaps each one of us can tell a story of suffering at the hands of others but we have to learn to live with this, we can seek justice and to forgive or not but to come on here as if he were some 'noble' warrior is unacceptable.

Now I'm going to tell you a story and please pay attention because I want you to all lobby whoever you can to make something happen here in the UK. Please do this for an old man and the people who died so he could grow old. Share the story with your friends, on social media , local media and see if we can get this done. it's something that needs to be done,

In 1944 B-17 Flying Fortress, known as Mi Amigo was in trouble as they flew over Sheffield England, they needed to land. They saw a park to land in but there were children on it, they tried to wave the children off but the kids thought the Americans were just waving so waved back. Unwilling to land and hurt the children they turned away and crashed killing all ten. These are newspaper reports, they aren't forgotten but please read and help an old man get his flypast. For every bad person, there are many good people, something we need to remember.

VIDEO: Man who witnessed bomber plane crash into Sheffield park relives tragedy

Pensioner who witnessed US plane crash in WW2 wants fly-past to honour 10 airmen

Yes this is totally 'off topic' but also on topic because we need to remember the good as well as the bad.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's Monday morning, one of my allocated "be a picky bugger" time slots...

my mother was the only survivor of the Nazi concentration camps, her entire family were killed

That's not the best choice of wording - many others survived too...

But I get your meaning, and I'm not attempting to make light of the situation. There are members of my family that I never got the chance to meet because they didn't survive. But if it had not happened, I wouldn't exist.

And here is where we must draw the important distinction between 'letting go' and 'forgetting'.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's Monday morning, one of my allocated "be a picky bugger" time slots...

That's not the best choice of wording - many others survived too...

But I get your meaning, and I'm not attempting to make light of the situation. There are members of my family that I never got the chance to meet because they didn't survive. But if it had not happened, I wouldn't exist.

And here is where we must draw the important distinction between 'letting go' and 'forgetting'.

Yes you are making light, and there really was no need for that, you demean the whole post with your self admitted nit picking. You got offended by the mention of 'god' yet think it's fine to pick up what you consider wrong wording, you have also entirely missed the point of my post ie the gentlemen who survived thanks to ten brave airmen so frankly you can foxtrot oscar.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes you are making light, and there really was no need for that, you demean the whole post with your self admitted nit picking. You got offended by the mention of 'god' yet think it's fine to pick up what you consider wrong wording, you have also entirely missed the point of my post ie the gentlemen who survived thanks to ten brave airmen so frankly you can foxtrot oscar.

I specifically quoted a section of the post that was effectively unrelated to the story that followed. There was more than one subject contained in that post, and I can comment on one without affecting the other.

If I say "I like beer, and I like kittens" and someone comments "I don't like beer" - should I then infer "omg why do you hate kittens???"?

Maybe I should, it follows the same logic.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rebbe.jpg

If I say "I like beer, and I like kittens" and someone comments "I don't like beer" - should I then infer "omg why do you hate kittens???"?

Irrelevant. You know what I meant yet chose to make a hurtful post on why you thought the wording was wrong. Do you also correct people at funerals when they are speaking of those they lost?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS:
Please return to the original topic and stop the personal attacks.

Thank you
Mark A Cochran
@Dirty Dog
MartialTalk Senior Moderator

paitingman

Brown Belt
Reaction score
OP, @Steven Lee ,

Welcome to MartialTalk. It gets wild on here, my friend.

I want to say that I appreciate you posting your findings.
Respectfully, I really think that if you posed more questions and open invitations to analyze and discuss these snippets of Korean martial arts history you have to present, quite a few of us on here (first in line being me ;)) would really like to chat about it.

It's really neat that you've found some of this stuff. I'm not familiar with the material you've shown, so thanks for sharing.

I hope your posts go better in the future.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
6 “I’m done with this place” posts by the same guy in the same thread. Must be a record.

At least I think it was 6. I’m not motivated enough right now of as researcher, or am I good at math. So how’s 6 +/- 1 sound?

I told you all if you waited patiently enough, a new one would arrive. Let’s see how long this goes on for :)

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
In all of this nonsensical rambling, two points jump out at me that should be addressed...

As far as I know, the earliest any “karate” was on mainland Japan was around 1917, when Funakoshi made his first trip to Japan to introduce it there.

And there was no “karate” as we know it until 1936, which is when Funakoshi changed the name from “China hand” to “open hand.”

Karate in Japan not having breaking until Oyama brought it from Korea has been said a dizzying amount of times. Let’s suspend reality for a minute and say this is true. That doesn’t mean karate didn’t have breaking at all. Stupid question, but is there any proof no karateka broke anything in Okinawa, where karate actually came from? Karate was heavily influenced by the Chinese which have been said to had breaking long before the Japanese didn’t n this ridiculous thread. Do you really think the Okinawans didn’t see anyone breaking anything during this influential time? Or did the Chinese keep it secret :)

Not to stereotype a whole group of people, but Okinawan karateka really like to hit things - makiwara and the like. It’s pretty stupid to think they didn’t break anything. They’re not too stupid to figure out breaking things would be another way to determine how strong their techniques were. Same for the pre-Funakoshi Japanese people. And the pre-Oyama people.

Latest Discussions