Karate Combat

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Really hope organization makes it. Really enjoy watching it. And they have some really high caliber fighters.
Hopefully. We will know in about a year or two. Have you seen any reviews about it?

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just Bas Rutten talking about it on Joe Rohan’s podcast.

They have been adding sites streaming it so hopefully it continues to grow.

Mitlov

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Just Bas Rutten talking about it on Joe Rohan’s podcast.

They have been adding sites streaming it so hopefully it continues to grow.

It's been picked up by UFC Fight Pass (a paid subscription service which, contrary to the name, also features Muay Thai, kickboxing, and BJJ competitions as well as MMA), so that speaks well to its viability. Nobody is expecting it to unseat the UFC as the most popular combat sport among modern audiences, nor do I expect it to unseat point sparring as the most popular form of sparring in Shotokan/Wado/etc circles, but I'd just be happy if it survived and continued to grow.

Damien

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So has anyone been watching the latest season of Karate Combat?

I've been a fan of Edgars Skrivers for a while. The way he moves forwards continually pressuring his opponents and delivering really well place and timed shots is fantastic. Very different from a lot of the other fighters in the format. Worth watching back some of his old fights if you've not seen them.

I was shocked to see Skrivers go down against Rocha, but he was throwing some big shots. I don't think Skrivers really put enough pressure on, gave Rocha plenty of time to work his own game plan, and Skrivers just ended up eating too many shots.

Hopefully we'll see a third match between the pair in not too long and Skrivers won't descend into McGregor style madness after a rematch loss!😂

Yokozuna514

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
So has anyone been watching the latest season of Karate Combat?

I've been a fan of Edgars Skrivers for a while. The way he moves forwards continually pressuring his opponents and delivering really well place and timed shots is fantastic. Very different from a lot of the other fighters in the format. Worth watching back some of his old fights if you've not seen them.

I was shocked to see Skrivers go down against Rocha, but he was throwing some big shots. I don't think Skrivers really put enough pressure on, gave Rocha plenty of time to work his own game plan, and Skrivers just ended up eating too many shots.

Hopefully we'll see a third match between the pair in not too long and Skrivers won't descend into McGregor style madness after a rematch loss!😂
Initially I was interested in this format but I was a little disappointed to see that kicks to the legs were prohibited.

That being said, I watched the fight and agree he took too many shots and wasn't able to press his own game. It was just a matter of time before he was caught.

Latest Discussions