Karate Combat

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
One feature of the videos is that you can see the fighters Biometrics during the fight.

Watching Josh's fight I noticed that before the fight and throughout the fight Josh Q's heartrate was much lower than Basturk's.

I wonder if this was due to Basturk mainly being a point fighter in the WKF org. not having as much full contact experience was more amped up and tight....whereas Josh although grew up point fighting and is the 7 time champ in the uska......he also fought for Bellator MMA and has 17 professional mma fights under his belt...so he is quite comfortable with full contact fighting.

One thing was for sure.....Josh Q. looked much more relaxed and comfortable in the fight than Basturk.

Gonna go back and watch some other fights and look at there Biometrics.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Oh no, no, no. I will NOT allow myself to get sucked into this. I love this kind of thing way too much, it would take up too much time, I'd get lost in it.

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh no, no, no. I will NOT allow myself to get sucked into this. I love this kind of thing way too much, it would take up too much time, I'd get lost in it.

Cmon now...it’ll be ok

The next event is scheduled for April 26 in Miami, Fl.

The rules for anyone interested
Rules & Regulations - Karate Combat

Last edited:

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
One feature of the videos is that you can see the fighters Biometrics during the fight.

Watching Josh's fight I noticed that before the fight and throughout the fight Josh Q's heartrate was much lower than Basturk's.

I wonder if this was due to Basturk mainly being a point fighter in the WKF org. not having as much full contact experience was more amped up and tight....whereas Josh although grew up point fighting and is the 7 time champ in the uska......he also fought for Bellator MMA and has 17 professional mma fights under his belt...so he is quite comfortable with full contact fighting.

One thing was for sure.....Josh Q. looked much more relaxed and comfortable in the fight than Basturk.

Gonna go back and watch some other fights and look at there Biometrics.

Cool stuff. Was watching some pre season matches. Here's one for you.

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Found out today that another friend of ours will also be competing in this league as well.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I soooo don't want to look at this. I think I need a much deserved beer. Day off and all.

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I soooo don't want to look at this. I think I need a much deserved beer. Day off and all.

giphy.gif

As the Bastard Son of American Martial Arts....I think you are required to look at it. :D

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Couldn't get to it last night. But here's a problem for me...

Joe Rogan's podcast thing. Just had another interview with Rickson. It's three hours. And I'm going to watch it, you can make book on that. How could I not, he was my teacher.

Last week I bought one of those whatever you call its, video things so you can see what they want to show you. It was another Rickson thing. Learned about it here on our forum. I've watched about half of it. It's basic stuff mostly, but I'm really digging it. It was only thirty something bucks.

And now the Karate Combat thing. As much as today's generation has so many more avenues of information than my generation ever had......how the hell does anybody find the time to take advantage of it? I mean with work/school, training, family and all the other things in life......one gets swamped.

This is tough.

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
@Buka

Understandable.

We are friends with one of the fighters and my son looks up to him a lot so we have been waiting for it to be released.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
@Buka

Understandable.

We are friends with one of the fighters and my son looks up to him a lot so we have been waiting for it to be released.

And I really want to watch it, I love these sort of things. And I'm going to watch it.

I just wished we lived on Venus. A day is realllllllly long. Maybe we could get things done. But then....my wife would probably have a thousand times more errands for me to do.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
As much as today's generation has so many more avenues of information than my generation ever had......how the hell does anybody find the time to take advantage of it? I mean with work/school, training, family and all the other things in life.....

Not entirely sure I'm of "today's generation", but I like the access to information.

Finding time is simply a case of finding it... It's currently about 4am, I'll be up not long after 7. Admittedly it's a late night for me, I'm usually in bed at least an hour before now.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
There have been plenty of these things over the years all started strong and faded away. There's just not the money in these types of combat sports. In mma there's UFC and Bellator and for kickboxing it's glory but most other promotions don't stick around because they can't sustain what they're doing

Mitlov

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'm tentatively excited. I'd like it to survive and thrive--it's right at the "sweet spot" for me in terms of how much contact I like to see--but these things fail so often I'm afraid this will be dead in eighteen months too. Still, getting Bas Rutten's name involved helps, and a bunch of big-name WKF folks for the first event is a good sign.

Latest Discussions