Karate Actors...

TjThunder

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
speaking of James Bond, ex-Bond George Lazenby had more than one blackbelt and he was supposed to be in a film with Bruce Lee before Lee died.

Karatedrifter7

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Okay here's another two, females this time. One Jillian Kesner a Karate Champ who played in alot of 70's and 80's TV, including Happy Days, Three's Company, and Laverne and Shirley. She also had one action flick to her name called (Firecracker)-- all this was pre Cynthia Rothrock.
And number 2 Playboy Playmate November 1984, and "former cop" Roberta Vasquez. A black belt in some kind of Karate. She was in "The Rookie" with Charlie Sheen, made an appearance in a Cheech and Chong video, also in many Andy Sidaris movies.

Brian Jones

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Let's not forget legendary stnutman and soemtimes actor "Judo" Gene LeBell. Or Robert Conrad from "Wild, Wild, West". or Honor Blackman from Goldfinger (she was judo I think). Earlier there was a question about Wesley Snipes. I am pretty sure he trains in ShotoKan.

Brian Jones

rmclain

Black Belt
Reaction score
Let's not forget legendary stnutman and soemtimes actor "Judo" Gene LeBell. Or Robert Conrad from "Wild, Wild, West". or Honor Blackman from Goldfinger (she was judo I think). Earlier there was a question about Wesley Snipes. I am pretty sure he trains in ShotoKan.

Brian Jones

Gene LeBell has been in the film industry for a long, long time. You've probably seen him and didn't know it. His stunt career started in 1950. He's a legend in the industry.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0494061/

R. McLain

twendkata71

Black Belt
Reaction score
Wesly Snipes studied Shotokan with Thomas Lapupett, as well as Taekwondo with other instructors in New York. He is currenly ranked 5th dan.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wesly Snipes studied Shotokan with Thomas Lapupett, as well as Taekwondo with other instructors in New York. He is currenly ranked 5th dan.

I thought he had some goju training at least... wasnt he the one who was also in "passanger 57"? or have I got some one else mixed up with him? have not seen that movie but once several years ago...

AmericanTangSooDo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
James Caan practices Gosoku ryu karate under Hanshi Kubota Takayuki.
The guy from the price is right has a black belt in Tang soo do from Chuck Norris.
Sonny Chiba practices an off shoot of Kyokushinkai. He was a direct student of Oyama Hanshi.
Actor Martin Kove (from the karate kid series of movies, Cobra Kai) practices Okinawa te.
Juan Claude Van Dame actually studied Shotokan karate for several years before cross training in other styles. He still practices martial arts regularly.
Sean Cannan(karate kid III, bad kid oposite Daniel San) Practices Shito ryu karate.

Actually former Price is Right host Bob Barker never received a black belt in "American" Tang Soo Do under Chuck Norris. The highest he ever went in TSD was red belt though I'm not sure what degree (gup) he was. My instructor is a black belt under Chuck Norris, he received his black belt from Norris back in the 1970s. He has a copy of the original Chuck Norris black belt family tree (1962-1979) and either Barker or any other celebrity is listed on then. Not even any of Norris' children are black belts atleast not during those years.

Oh and William Zabka a.k.a. Johnny from The Karate Kid is a black belt in Tang Soo Do. Along with child actor and former Blue Ranger Blake Foster who is a second degree black belt under Tom Bloom.

Jeff Richardson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Elvis - Parker Kenpo - studied with Mike Stone

Jerry Piddington - Grand Master American Open Style Karate and recently inherited one of the Shor-In Ryu lines - see Bloodport 2, the Quest (don't blink), and Nightrealm. There are a few others.

Ricky Smith (Ricky and Randy Smith - aka the Gold Dust Twins)- American open Style Karate. Several films including Bloodsport 2 - was involved in the making of LaPoppett's (sp) last film.

Joe Lewis....

Mark DaCoscos - The Crow tv series, Brotherhood of the wolf..

Anthony DeLongis- Highlander TV series, Circle of Iron, Star Trek Voyager, Fearless, Road House - studied with Danny Inosanto

How about Jason Scott Lee - reportedly took up Jeet Kun Do and stuck with it until becoming an instructor when he portrayed Bruce Lee in his biography film.

Latest Discussions