Kalaripayattuave

scippy4848

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm new to the forums. I have limited experience in Muay Thai, Tang Soo Do, and Tai Chi. I have become very interested in Kalaripayattu but I don't know where to learn it in the USA. I'm from Sacramento, CA. I saw on these forums that several years ago a Kalaripayattu group may have formed in Sacramento (http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-74942.html), does anyone know what happened with that or have any recommendations for learning this style?

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If they are still in Sacramento then that would be a great place to start. Otherwise you might want to go to India and even more specifically to the State of Kerala where you could train in it. My experience of training in India in the State of Kerela in Kalaripayattu was great! Very enjoyable with great people! Plus Kerela is one of the worlds most beautiful places with great people and great food!

View attachment $the-instinctive-edge-kalaripicmt_3.jpgView attachment $the-instinctive-edge-kalari-training-hall.jpg

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a great martial system with great people! However, it is hard to find an instructor outside of the state of Kerala!

Latest Discussions