Kajukenbo Clips

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for posting the clips. I enjoyed the Diaz's demonstrations of Kajukenbo. Do they have a kenpo background, or is it just the k-e-n of the system shining forth?

1stJohn1:9

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One from the Disneyland Wide World of Sports Tournament

Last edited by a moderator:

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
One from the Disneyland Wide World of Sports Tournament

Very impressive. Prof. Bishop, do you know if the four-man demonstration featured free-form responses by the defenders, or if they were prescripted techniques? Thanks.

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Very impressive. Prof. Bishop, do you know if the four-man demonstration featured free-form responses by the defenders, or if they were prescripted techniques? Thanks.

Other then the "adlib" strikes at the end of each combination, I'm sure the
rest of the demonstration was choreographed.

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thank you for posting the clips. I enjoyed the Diaz's demonstrations of Kajukenbo. Do they have a kenpo background, or is it just the k-e-n of the system shining forth?

1stJohn1:9

I don't know if they have a kenpo background, but the hand strikes they are doing is pretty typical of the kenpo and escrima hand strikes in Kajukenbo.

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
Master Bishop,

I know that you are apart of the original Kajukenbo method, and provide clips of such. By that designation I assume that there is a newer form of Kajukenbo. is there footage of that, specifically of techniques that you have shown, so a comparison can be made?

Also, Is the new style endorsed by Grand Master Emperado?

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Master Bishop,

I know that you are apart of the original Kajukenbo method, and provide clips of such. By that designation I assume that there is a newer form of Kajukenbo. is there footage of that, specifically of techniques that you have shown, so a comparison can be made?

Also, Is the new style endorsed by Grand Master Emperado?

The "Original" method is just that, the original method of Kajukenbo. It's sometimes referred to as the "Kenpo Karate" branch, or the "Original Hardstyle" method.
The "newer" forms of Kajukenbo are nothing more then the other branches, "Chuan Fa", "Wun Hop Kuen Do", and "Tum Pai". Chuan Fa and Wun Hop Kuen Do were developed in the 60's, and "Tum Pai" was developed in the early 80's.
These 4 "styles" or branches make up the Kajukenbo system, and have been approved by Sijo Emperado.
There are no commercially produced videos of the Tum Pai and Chuan Fa branches. Unique Publications has produced 4 videos on the Wun Hop Kuen Do branch, featuring GM Al Dacascos.
I haven't seen any video clips from "Chuan Fa", or "Tum Pai" anywhere on the web. There are a few "Wun Hop Kuen Do" clips on You Tube, but their all from tournament competition. Not really self defense technique clips, but they give you a idea of the contrast between the original hardstyle forms and the soft forms of WHKD.

Ryuguardian

White Belt
Reaction score
A Clip from Kajukenbo Kosho-Ryu of Puerto Rico. I saw him at S.K.S.K. Gathering every year and it's great he mix the Kajukenbo counters with Kosho movement.

Ryuguardian (Greg)

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
GM Rick Kingi and GM Carlos Bunda

[yt]ZN2XHpLZ8w0[/yt]

Kaju form

[yt]1ooFmWuLsSU[/yt]

Prof. John Bono

[yt]ZZ2XdGYySDQ[/yt]

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some clips of a few of Prof. Bonos students.

[yt]27ZGo9W3t0M[/yt]

[yt]WXOL5fflvzE[/yt]

[yt]or8z2uefozQ[/yt]

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Commercial for North American Kajukenbo (Arizona)

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sigung Jeff Macalooloy's school. He's one of the trainers that assisted Prof. Greg Harper on the "Fight Quest" show. They worked with Doug.