Kaju Tourny

just2kicku

Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update on the annual Vegas tourney this year.

On Friday was the seminars, first time I've been to those, quite interesting. I went this year because my instructors were holding one of the sessions. Filmed alot of it. Kinda like a round robin, every hour you rotated to a different group.

Towards the end of the session, the BOA promoted two people, one to 9th and one to 8th (I'll have to look at the tape for their names, sorry) the guy to 8th is the successor to Loren of the Tum Pai branch.

It was nice to see some familiar faces, (Prof John & Renee Bishop, Eugene Sedeno, Rick Kingi) and to meet some new people (Mike, was great to meet you). What happened Danjo? We missed you this year.

The Dinner that night was great, got to B.S. with a lot of people. Sat at a table with some of the guys from a Ohio Kaju school (Ray Anderson), those guys were a blast to hang with. And after dinner was the dance, could not get my son off the dance floor. He danced with everyone (being only 2 1/2, the women were gaga over him, wish I could get away with that!)

On Sat. the tourny flew by, it was run quite effeciently this year, hell, by the time we got there at 10:30, a couple of our students had already fought.

I did not compete this year, I was sick as hell and my Dr. re-stated before I left to rest my elbow. But next year, watch out. Felt wierd to watch when I always fight.

All in all it was a good turnout, was glad to see everyone there and to meet the guys that I did. Every year I leave knowing why we call ourselves "Ohana".

Hopefully next year I'll get to see and meet more peolpe (John Tygart, Danjo). If you only go to watch, still well worth the trip.(the partying after is fun too!!).

Aloha and mahalo nui loa, Joe

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ah, rub it in!

The promotions were Professor Al Rimando was promoted to Grandmaster/9th degree. And Sigung Jay Burkey was promoted to Professor/8th degree.

Finances prevented the trip this year. Next year for sure. Plus, I'll be at the KOA event in August in Long Beach at the Internationals.

OP
just2kicku

just2kicku

Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, rub it in!

The promotions were Professor Al Rimando was promoted to Grandmaster/9th degree. And Sigung Jay Burkey was promoted to Professor/8th degree.

Finances prevented the trip this year. Next year for sure. Plus, I'll be at the KOA event in August in Long Beach at the Internationals.

Haha, I was thinking Bobby Rimando but I knew that wasn't right. So rather then make up names I didn't say any.

I will probably see you there then Dan, Hell, we may even get to fight each other
icon7.gif

MikeRitche

White Belt
Reaction score
Just a quick update on the annual Vegas tourney this year.

On Friday was the seminars, first time I've been to those, quite interesting. I went this year because my instructors were holding one of the sessions. Filmed alot of it. Kinda like a round robin, every hour you rotated to a different group.

Towards the end of the session, the BOA promoted two people, one to 9th and one to 8th (I'll have to look at the tape for their names, sorry) the guy to 8th is the successor to Loren of the Tum Pai branch.

It was nice to see some familiar faces, (Prof John & Renee Bishop, Eugene Sedeno, Rick Kingi) and to meet some new people (Mike, was great to meet you). What happened Danjo? We missed you this year

Aloha and mahalo nui loa, Joe
Aloha
It was great to meet you to, next time, we gotta sit down and have some beers:ultracool. Hope your feeling better.

Mike

Latest Discussions