Kaith's Challenge!!!

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
We're going in to this as friends, I wanna come out the same way, ya know.

What the hell are you talking about? I don't like you at all.
:rolleyes:
The only reason I agreed to this is because I wanted to try and rip off your arm and now I can't even do that. This sucks.

I dont know if Gou's done any paintballing, but if he hasn't, I'll probably plug him once in the leg from 10 paces so he's got a heads up on what to expect.

I have done it before but I would appreciate if you gave me 20 yards (Thought I was gonna say Meters didn't ya?) or so and then shot me in the back or leg. Not my @ss or my wife will kill you. I have a nice @ss.

We will be doing the gun from the rear. Others are a maybe, based on a number of factors.

Hey hey hey! Keep your gun outa my rear.
:cuss:

LOL. biggest headaches gonna be getting the feed off my camcorder...bloody USB hookup drops frames.

I want final say on what video footage goes out.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hehehe

Video editing can be fun.... :D

and dont worry Gou.... your *** is safe...just wear a cup...these bad eyes of mine ya know. :rofl:

:snipe2:
:sniper:

Whoops. :ultracool

OP
G

GouRonin

Alrighty then. Better have yer girlfriend standing by with a couple of sticks then because that's about all the spare time you're gonna have to run to that car of yours to get away.
:angry: :flammad:

Wait...that's not very fair of me. From what you told me about your car I better lend you mine to get away.
:hammer: :cheers:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Heh...well, she does outrank me. :)

Be nice to muh poor car..its already got so much against it. :cheers:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin

Holy cr@p this just keeps getting worse and worse. First the gun is now an UZI I have to avoid getting shot with and now I can't rip Kaith's arm out if I do avoid it???

Looks like I picked the wrong month to quit drinking...

Anyway, I have the added luck of having a few Kenpo seniors there to help me with the motion of the technique. We'll see what they give me for advice.

Gou,

Remember to wear the cup, just in case.

That week would not be a good week to quit wearing one. :rofl:

Rich

OP
G

GouRonin

I was down at Renegade's :erg: today and low and behold out of the corner of my bloodshoot eye I see Kaith practicing his aim on me with his finger.

So I put down my whiskey and tonic and we discussed the idea of walking to simulate some sort of static environment. Maybe some distractions as well to keep kaith off his intent on firing. We know he's gonna shoot me, he was drooling about it today in fact, but we have at least agreed that he won't aim at the beer can in my hand.

So who all is going to be at Jeff Blay's Kenpo camp next month? Ha ha ha! I need someone to hold my drink during all this. It's a very important job!

OP
K

KenpoGirl

I wonder how it went. No news is good news I guess.

Should be an interesting story at the very least. :D

Dot
:asian:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well....
I was there....was all set to haul my gear up to the camp to shoot Gou, err...to try the techniques with him when I'm informed by our Canadian friends that Gou wasn't coming.

Yup..thats right...the dirty SOB went and chickened out...and after I spent all that time (ok 5 minutes) practicing my aim.

I did however see Huk Planas do some gun disarms, and have come to the following conclusion:

If you're a high ranked blackbelt with a LOT! of time and experience behind you (IE you have truely earned that belt, not just been given it) you can make these techniques work. (Huk can move, thats all I can say...wow!)

If you're a mcdojo BB or just got it thru the mail order...well, you;re gonna take a bullet in the back.

As to Gou...well....next time hopefully we got better luck. You were missed my friend. :asian:

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Well....
I was there....was all set to haul my gear up to the camp to shoot Gou, err...to try the techniques with him when I'm informed by our Canadian friends that Gou wasn't coming.

Yes I heard earlier this evening that Gou had missed the camp. I've no doubt he was extremely bummed about it. He was really looking forward to going.

I'm sure you'll get your chance another time, lol or would you say this was a sign or portent, telling Mr. Ronin that this idea was a little to "out there" even for him. LOL like he'd heed it. ;)

Well I hope everyone there especially our Canadian crew had a great time. I'm making it a priority to go next year.

dot

AvPKenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Baoquan

Saweeeet.

Cheers,

Bao.

PS...i used to work video post-production....good editing and after-effects can do wonders..... for a price. :EG:

I got 3d studio max(as well as after effects and others yada yada ). We could really do some wonders. Hehehehehe

Michael

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gou,

Oh where oh where has my little dog gone?

You ok Man? Missing the camp and no posts in a week?

I hope all is well?

Best regards

Rich

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rich Parsons

You ok Man? Missing the camp and no posts in a week?

He's posting on rec.martial-arts. But he couldn't make Kaith's challenge? I'm sure he didn't chicken out...what happened?

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Klondike93

But I don't think he want's me to tell where he's hanging out at :(

Klondike,

Thanks for the feedback.

Gou will hang out where and when ever he wants too. I just wanted to make sure he was ok. I know he has been required to 'Perform' some 'Services' lately and I was not sure if he was 'worn out'?
But, I guess he is just taking a vacation. :)

Thanks again

Rich

OP
G

GouRonin

"Chickened out?"

I see...

I work for a psychiatric facility in crisis management and sadly for me I was put on call the weekend of the camp with no way to get someone to work for me. I was very cheesed off to not be able to go to the camp. (In fact I owe a case of beer now because I couldn't go...GRRRR...)

To add to my misery my comuter went down. Now anyone who knows me knows I own the biggest piece of cr@p computer in existence. It's a 500 meg hard drive, 8 meg ram, pentium 60. A 33,600 modem. I have no floppy drives as they caught on fire once and I never replaced them. If I want to put anything on the drive I have to do it through my internet connection. The whole thing is duct and electrical taped into a mini-tower with no case that I found. The fact that I can even get it run at times stuns most people who work on computers. I have seen computer techs run in fear when faced with having to deal with it. Why don't I replace it? Well, it still works. Plus, that would mean that I would have less money to spend on beer.

Until yesterday I had no working browser as well and only could access one at work in a limited frame. So all I had was USENET to access and some time on another forum I belong to along with my public e-mail account. Sadly, I never wrote down my passwords and as I used my computer's memory function to automatically imput them for me I lost not only my information on my drive but also much of the services I use from cyberspace too. Hotmail, homepage, messengers etc. Since I could not access them they became useless. (Let this be a lesson to write stuff down)

So there I was. No e-mail save my private one that my wife and I use. I'm not going to be using that because it already has a spam filter working because of the IMAF and their inability to keep e-mail confidential and no browser to see what is going on here.

Also, as Rich had mentioned, my wife and I are trying to have a baby so yeah, I am a little busy at times.
I did however e-mail Huk and discussed with him several things that if he could, demonstrate to Kaith and company.

I come back here and Kaith is talking smack about me? Oh man...Oh man... Oh Lordy... Baby, you bring the @ss 'cause I'm gonna bring the whoopin'!
Anyhoo... I am back. I have a new e-mail addy. Until I get a new website done up I have a temp one.

So what the %$#@ did I miss?
:confused:

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

"Chickened out?"

I see...

I work for a psychiatric facility in crisis management and sadly for me I was put on call the weekend of the camp with no way to get someone to work for me. I was very cheesed off to not be able to go to the camp. (In fact I owe a case of beer now because I couldn't go...GRRRR...)

To add to my misery my comuter went down. Now anyone who knows me knows I own the biggest piece of cr@p computer in existence. It's a 500 meg hard drive, 8 meg ram, pentium 60. A 33,600 modem. I have no floppy drives as they caught on fire once and I never replaced them. If I want to put anything on the drive I have to do it through my internet connection. The whole thing is duct and electrical taped into a mini-tower with no case that I found. The fact that I can even get it run at times stuns most people who work on computers. I have seen computer techs run in fear when faced with having to deal with it. Why don't I replace it? Well, it still works. Plus, that would mean that I would have less money to spend on beer.

Until yesterday I had no working browser as well and only could access one at work in a limited frame. So all I had was USENET to access and some time on another forum I belong to along with my public e-mail account. Sadly, I never wrote down my passwords and as I used my computer's memory function to automatically imput them for me I lost not only my information on my drive but also much of the services I use from cyberspace too. Hotmail, homepage, messengers etc. Since I could not access them they became useless. (Let this be a lesson to write stuff down)

So there I was. No e-mail save my private one that my wife and I use. I'm not going to be using that because it already has a spam filter working because of the IMAF and their inability to keep e-mail confidential and no browser to see what is going on here.

Also, as Rich had mentioned, my wife and I are trying to have a baby so yeah, I am a little busy at times.
I did however e-mail Huk and discussed with him several things that if he could, demonstrate to Kaith and company.

I come back here and Kaith is talking smack about me? Oh man...Oh man... Oh Lordy... Baby, you bring the @ss 'cause I'm gonna bring the whoopin'!
Anyhoo... I am back. I have a new e-mail addy. Until I get a new website done up I have a temp one.

So what the %$#@ did I miss?
:confused:

Mr. Ronin, :D

I never came out and said what you said I said. I only said services, so you would know and not the world. I apologize if that caused you any grief.

As for you computer, I could help to update you. I have a case, a board, a AMD K6-166 with a couple of 8 meg chips, a CD drive, and an iffy floppy drive. I have no hard drive in it. IT also has built in sound, not sure if it works, and a 4 meg video card I believe. As, it is doing nothing for me, maybe we could talk about an upgrade for beer solution?

As for your description, I have seen those before, and yes I have run in fear. I offer this out of personal self gain, BEER shared with others. Now, since you are an expert at making these dinosaurs work, I only intend the trade no support. :D

Have a nice day.

Rich

OP
G

GouRonin

Mr. Ronin, :D
I never came out and said what you said I said. I only said services, so you would know and not the world. I apologize if that caused you any grief.

You're right, you did not say that at all. No worries. I'm not upset at all. Just tired. Ha ha ha! At this point I'm thinking about just going to a local supermarket and asking a mother with a kid who's screaming if they want to give me their kid. From the looks on some of their faces I'm sure they might consider it. Ha ha ha! This solution might also let me get more training time in again. Heh...

As for you computer, I could help to update you. I have a case, a board, a AMD K6-166 with a couple of 8 meg chips, a CD drive, and an iffy floppy drive. I have no hard drive in it. IT also has built in sound, not sure if it works, and a 4 meg video card I believe. As, it is doing nothing for me, maybe we could talk about an upgrade for beer solution?
As for your description, I have seen those before, and yes I have run in fear. I offer this out of personal self gain, BEER shared with others. Now, since you are an expert at making these dinosaurs work, I only intend the trade no support.
Have a nice day.
Rich

I have a friend of mine working as we speak on getting me a new computer but I thank you for the offer. As it is, if you're back in the area you're always more than welcome to visit and have a few beers with me. You're ok. Cheers!
:cheers:

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I have a friend of mine working as we speak on getting me a new computer but I thank you for the offer. As it is, if you're back in the area you're always more than welcome to visit and have a few beers with me. You're ok. Cheers!
:cheers:

No Problem, I liked London, nice town. I was trying to help a brother out when he was down.

Ciao

Rich

OP
G

GouRonin

Next time you're down...lose Renegade...that guy is a Fah-reek.
:eek:
Ha ha ha!
:rofl:
Just kidding Renegade! You know I love ya dude! Besides, he's crazier than I am!
:D