Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Over the years, folks have asked, "Bob, how good are you?"

Honestly, I suck. :)

But way back in 2003 my good friend Bryson Ingram from London Ontario agreed to do a short video clip with me while at the WMAA Michigan camp. We did a double stick drill originally taught to us by another good friend of ours, Guro Rick Manglinong.

For your amusement, here is a short clip of me bangin. :)

http://www.martialtalk.com/videos/bob3.mov
Less than a meg, requires Quicktime.

:popcorn:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In case anyone is wondering, I'm the round guy on the right. :D

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Batteries in the camera were dead at that point, unfortunately.

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nice Bob, at least we know you have a sense of rhythym. BAP-bap-bap, Bap-bap-bap, Bap-bap-bappaty-bap

No seriously, nice seeing you work.

-Michael

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thank you. :)
My knees shouldn't have been striking the ground, we missed a few strikes, umm. and I think a few of my strikes were "soft". Bryson's got better form. I think I'd seen the drill 2 or 3 times previously, but I think it was Brysons first time doing it. We meant to get another clip this past weekend, but I was too beat to risk it. (I have a nasty habit of holding my sticks too loose, so on occation they defelect into my head. LOL!) :)

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
Nice a little out of rythem.
Everybody's a critic. :) I am always impressed when anyone puts a clip of themselves out there. You know how MAers tend to chew you up and spit you out and only be critical, reference clips of Clyde, or Robert McRobertson. As I said, I admire anyone for the fortitude and courage to open themselves to the criticism. NOT BAD TIMING AT ALL, I have seen lots worse.

-MB

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Michael Billings said:
Everybody's a critic. :) I am always impressed when anyone puts a clip of themselves out there. You know how MAers tend to chew you up and spit you out and only be critical, reference clips of Clyde, or Robert McRobertson. As I said, I admire anyone for the fortitude and courage to open themselves to the criticism. NOT BAD TIMING AT ALL, I have seen lots worse.

-MB
It was meant as a joke Kieth is always joking around about no rythem and I guess bad taste in my judgement.
smileJap.gif

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Naw, no worries. I wouldn't have stuck it up if I wasn't open to some comments.

:)

striker

White Belt
Reaction score
Cool clip! It's always good to see how people train On the other-side of the globe.We train with sinawali and abecedario drills but I'm not that proficient?? still it's alot of fun! :asian:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, Bob! Thanks for putting that up! Kewl!

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Another clip, same technique a couple weeks earlier.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bill Gorman & Bob Hubbard practice a technique originally taught by Rick Manglinong at the 2003 WMAA Deleware Camp
[clip] (Latest Quicktime required, 915 kb)

Also, here's the master in motion.
[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bill Gorman & Guro Rick Manglinong do the "Manglinong" at the 2003 WMAA Deleware Camp
[clip] (Latest Quicktime required, 893 kb)
[/font]

hammer

Green Belt
Reaction score
Kaith, cool clip
smile.gif

Maybe you might have started a new forum room, "Clips of members of Martial talk", That would be interesting, "But you cant comment on other's unless you have posted a clip of your self, and put yourself out there"

What do you think?

Cheers Hammer

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmm.....good idea.

See the new "Members in Motion" forum. :D

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
Hmm.....good idea.

See the new "Members in Motion" forum. :D
That's funny...

Kaith very kewl clip! I've been learning a similar stick drill. It's fun to watch you in motion, and uh, I really like your eyeware too! :ultracool

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wow! I like your clips. It makes me realize how much more I need to progress with my sticks.

I also like the new forum idea, Members in Motion. Hopefully, I will be brave enough to put up my videoclip.

- Ceicei

Pappy Geo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey Bob, Great job! Also the video clip idea is great, expand on it! Can you inhance the video so when on full screen will have better resolution? Anyway it was fun watching them!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think it looks good! I wish we had video of Kaith and me sparring last Sunday. That was fun!

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pappy Geo said:
Hey Bob, Great job! Also the video clip idea is great, expand on it! Can you inhance the video so when on full screen will have better resolution? Anyway it was fun watching them!
All - Thanks. :)

I ran outta batteries on Sunday (went through about 20 the weekend...ugh!).

MJ - I'm not sure if it's a Kombatan drill, or something Rick developed himself. Theres a gazillion ways to bang, all fun. :) Eyeware saved my eye earlier that weekend. I took a full impace rickocette across the eye that if I hadn't been wearing em, I'd most likely have cracked the eye socket. Had a lump on my cheek for 2 weeks. Of course, it was my own stick..... LOL!!!

CeiCei - Just keep at it. Go slow, work on your form, grip and targeting/tracking. Your instructor can give you alot of pointers. My advice? Keep a firm, but not death grip on the stick...else you bounce into your own head. (I did...alot....still do....explains much eh? :) )

Pappy - The original file is 427MB (It's broadcast quality) for 2 minutes. I'm planning on putting the whole thing up once I get done processing the clips from last weekend. See if I can shrink it down to a managable size, hiccups n all. :) Image quality is in direct relation to file size, usually.

Jeff - Next time, I'll get some video up. :) I got some from a few years back, but it's really small. I get time, I'll see what I can 'webify'.

Latest Discussions