Just introducing myself

M

mentalman

Hello All,

My name's Andrew, and I live in Missoula, MT. I am currently an advanced white belt in Chinese Karaho Kempo Karate, and a freshman at the University of Montana's College of Technology here.

I've been studying Kempo for about 1 1/2 years now, and am really fascinated with the Ki, mental, and spiritual aspects of martial arts as well as the meditative aspects of practicing my katas - I kind of forget about time when I do them.

I joined Martial Talk because I'd like to post when I can - which is not very often because college starts up next week and I tend to lose myself in the learning, but you can e-mail me or PM me and I'll reply when I get to it. As a post in the greetings forums said, "be prepared to become obsessed with this community" and I must admit, I already have - I've been reading the posts on here for about 3 months now, and have found some really good discussions and answers to some of the questions I have had - the post in "General Self-defense" on "getting past the mental thing", and some of the other philisophical stuff.

Well, I've gotta go now, but I look forward to meeting more of you and learning more about this community!

Sincerely yours,

Andrew

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome! :wavey: We look forward to your input!

- Ceicei

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, Mentalman. Enjoy the boards.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay and ask any questions that you may have!

Mike

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome mentalman. Enjoy all the vast knowledge you will find here.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome Mentalman, enjoy the forums, there is a lot of good information in the back threads as well. TW

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Welcome and stay with your college classes first. Enjoy the art when you can......Aloha

OP
V

Vadim

Hi Mentalman! Welcome to Martial Talk forums. :asian:

-Vadim

Latest Discussions