Just finished my first lesson with A.C. Rainey

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is exactly what I was looking for! He covers both the philosophy and science of Kenpo. I was introduced to my first kick set, stances, blocks, and more information on the handsword than I've ever had before! Also was introduced to Delayed Sword, Deflecting Hammer, and Sword of Destruction. Next class is on thursday.

It was a lot of information, even for a two hour class, but it was a great class. I can't wait to delve more deeply into the art.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I have always heard great things about Mr. Rainey, where is he teaching now?

OP
Josh Oakley

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
In the Auburn and Kent, WA areas right now. He is a TERRIFIC instructor!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

OP
Josh Oakley

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Always great to find a home. Congrats Josh.

Warmest Regards
Brian

Thank you! Just so you know, it MIGHT mean I don't join you tomorrow in Milton. I received a lot of information that needs to be unpacked and practiced. So tomorrow I might be a little wiped out, mentally and physically. Keep me on the mailing list though. You haven't heard the last of me.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is exactly what I was looking for! He covers both the philosophy and science of Kenpo. I was introduced to my first kick set, stances, blocks, and more information on the handsword than I've ever had before! Also was introduced to Delayed Sword, Deflecting Hammer, and Sword of Destruction. Next class is on thursday.

It was a lot of information, even for a two hour class, but it was a great class. I can't wait to delve more deeply into the art.
Are you sure if he's any good?

Lightning Ram

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Josh, is Mr. Rainey teaching at dojo and is there a set time for classes or are you doing private lessons. I'm interested in the times and where.

Thanks,

Clay

OP
Josh Oakley

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Josh, is Mr. Rainey teaching at dojo and is there a set time for classes or are you doing private lessons. I'm interested in the times and where.

Thanks,

Clay

Currently, its private lessons, but the dojo is in the near future. PM me and I can get you in contact with him for more info.

Milt G.

Purple Belt
Reaction score
A tongue-in-cheek question :wink2:
So true...
As with Kenpo in general, there is as much in between the lines as on the lines. :)

You can't go wrong with Mr. Rainey. I have had a couple of opportunities to work with him. First class Kenpo all the way. I always look forward to the next opportunity to work with him, or his people.

Thank you,
Milt G.

OP
Josh Oakley

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Total agreement

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2