Juko Ryu Jujitsu?

bushi jon

Green Belt
Reaction score
I was told at one time but that was years prior. I have seen documentation and a menkyo lic. I can not remember what ryu it was from. I have also seen ranks from the siedokan(shian toma). Once again I have no desire to slam nor promote if someone wants honest information all they have to do is pm me. The guys that I know are very good Martial Artist that have been training many years.

OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks Kreth, that's very enlightening.

apex46550

White Belt
Reaction score
I took my son to these classes for a couple years. I participated with him and while his interest waned, mine was increasing week after week. I was not into these or any arts before attending; but, I am a Juko Ryu Juijitsu supporter now!

First, this is a great physical fitness program.
Second, it proved to be relaxing.
And finally, this is one mean art! No sporting or serious contests exist any longer because the craft is so brutal. Quick, effective destruction of your opponent is the fundamental description I would offer. Joint and bone breaking / manipulation at its very finest. If there is a more profficient means of elliminating one's opponent, I could not imagine what it might be.

Yes, it is worth your time and energy!

imfooeydini

White Belt
Reaction score
Well,
I practice Seidokan from Shian Toma.
The group you are refering to, has left Toma Sensei long ago.
When I travel this is an issue, They will ask for lineage. Not all names mean the same style

Mike

oak

White Belt
Reaction score
JuKo Rue- kill, cripple, maim is the only acceptable outcome. The art is Combat Ju-Jutsu. It is a blend of Kempo Karate and Aiki Jujitsu. This art is fluid, powerful, and effective. Based off the sword its movements can flow soft (Aiki) then go hard (Kempo) or vice-versa, stay completely Kempo or Aiki. Kicks, punches, throws, locks (breaks), and chokes. For multiple attackers.

oak

White Belt
Reaction score
JuKo Rue- kill, cripple, maim is the only acceptable outcome. The art is Combat Ju-Jutsu. It is a blend of Kempo Karate and Aiki Jujitsu. This art is fluid, powerful, and effective. Based off the sword its movements can flow soft (Aiki) then go hard (Kempo) or vice-versa, stay completely Kempo or Aiki. Kicks, punches, throws, locks (breaks), and chokes. For multiple attackers.

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I personally don't understand how some arts can proclaim that they are a "no nonsense; non-competition based program, with techniques used for killing and maiming." ALL traditional Jujutsu is combat effective! If a classical combative martial art does not seem very effective the likley cause is that the practitioner is not very knowledgeable and should not be used to judge the system as a whole.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I personally don't understand how some arts can proclaim that they are a "no nonsense; non-competition based program, with techniques used for killing and maiming." ALL traditional Jujutsu is combat effective! If a classical combative martial art does not seem very effective the likley cause is that the practitioner is not very knowledgeable and should not be used to judge the system as a whole.
There are any number of possible reasons. A few of which are:
  • incomplete transmission of the system due to accident (the student didn't get the whole ball of wax because he moved, the instructor died, he suffered a brain injury, etc.)
  • incomplete transmission of the system due to deliberate withholding of information
  • poor proponent of the system (he "knows the moves" but he's just not very good at stringing them together usefully)
  • loss of context for certain techniques or strategies. i.e.:techniques useful against/by pole-arm techniques have little to no modern context to understand them in
  • misunderstanding/misapplication of techniques or strategies for whatever reason. i.e.: intructor teaches a techinque intended for engaging the sword of an opponent with the defender's sword inappropriately as useful empty handed against empty handed.
  • deliberate misinformation/misrepresentation. IOW, lie to the non-initiates in order to protect secret techniques or to deliberately foster a lower-than-accurate estimation of another practictioner/schools effectiveness (some Silat systems/instructors have been accused of this)
  • The system never needed to develop techniques in response to a given threat - i.e.: The system may not have valid empty handed defenses against a knife because, at the time of formation, no individual would have not had immediate access to a defensive weapon and thus it would have been a waste of effort to formulate an empty-handed response.
  • etc.
In short, there is a nearly endless list of reasons, and yes, one of them could be that the system in question really, truly IS less effective in certain given contexts. For instance, most sword arts (Western, Eastern, Javanese, etc.) are just this side of freaking WORTHLESS on a WWII battlefield. They're pretty blasted innefective against a K99 or M1 fired from 500 yards and cover.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Latest Discussions