Judo Vs BJJ

OP
J

J-kid

Well i do both,
and i like both arts.
I would have to say its who ever is the better fighter.

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Infight
Hi, im a brazilian guy and pratices Jiu-Jitsu here. I dont think this talking leads to anything, BJJ and Judo are brother arts, many Judokas pratices BJJ here, and the same thing BJJ pratices Judo, the larger Japanese colony in the world is here in Brazil, and the link between the arts is really great.
Many Judokas that i fought are great newaza fighters, their only flawless is the lack of leglock training, so if you go for their leg and ankle locks, maybe you can have a great chance to win, but its almost impossible to take them down.
Every japanese martial art has its goods ( chinese ones are just plastic ones, not efective in my opinion), like Aikido, Judo, Jujutsu, Karate. These one are all good ones to learn, and focuses what the other ones lacks, so they all compliment the rest of them, that way there is no sense this talking.

Do U Live in Brasil?

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi!

Yup, i live in Brazil - São Paulo

Saw nothing in Your file Tell us about
Your Self & Your training. Who is your instructor.

I Had the plesure of Meeting Eshfia a few months back
Realy good Guy Maybe u know him??

Just a few quick Questions from Primo

OP
I

Infight

Hi, hehe about me, im 26 yrs old, i train bjj in the INFIGHT Jiu-Jitsu gym, 5th place in world championship of BJJ, that happened here in Sao Paulo, here you can make youre schedule, there are training everyday, you pay the month training, and can attend any class, anytime, each class is 2 hrs long, 30 min for warm up, and 1 and 30 min with techniques and fights ( hehe to be serious we fight allllll time, best way to learn), its something like US$30 to train all month.
We dont call our instructors sensei, we call them masters, their nicknames are Paulinho and Pitoco. if want to know go to www.infight.com.br, of course most will speak just portuguese, but many knows english, so you can go to forum talk to people. We compete with Alliance, Gracie Barra, Gracie Sao Paulo, and Macaco Gold Gym to be the best of Brazil and the World, but all gyms are good ones. Some Pride Fighters as Ryan Gracie and Daniel Simões are my friends, Simões owns Gracie ABC, in a city near mine. ( hes cousin of gracie family, they threat him as a gracie)
Well, i dont know this guy, where is he from? where he trains? Hope have answered youre questions

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi, hehe about me, im 26 yrs old, i train bjj in the INFIGHT Jiu-Jitsu gym, 5th place in world championship of BJJ, that happened here in Sao Paulo, here you can make youre schedule, there are training everyday, you pay the month training, and can attend any class, anytime, each class is 2 hrs long, 30 min for warm up, and 1 and 30 min with techniques and fights ( hehe to be serious we fight allllll time, best way to learn), its something like US$30 to train all month.
We dont call our instructors sensei, we call them masters, their nicknames are Paulinho and Pitoco. if want to know go to www.infight.com.br, of course most will speak just portuguese, but many knows english, so you can go to forum talk to people. We compete with Alliance, Gracie Barra, Gracie Sao Paulo, and Macaco Gold Gym to be the best of Brazil and the World, but all gyms are good ones. Some Pride Fighters as Ryan Gracie and Daniel Simões are my friends, Simões owns Gracie ABC, in a city near mine. ( hes cousin of gracie family, they threat him as a gracie)
Well, i dont know this guy, where is he from? where he trains? Hope have answered youre questions

Cool Glad To Have u on Martial Talk:D

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin
I have done both some Judo and some BJJ. I find the Judo guys have a better sense of balance while standing but seem to fall apart on the ground while the BJJ guys tend to excell after the ground game is started. You find that? Just curious.
:confused:

This is true.

Judo has quite a bit of technique starting from the feet while BJJ concentrates on the ground. BJJ guys can stand up and fight but on the ground I beleive BJJ is the most comprehensive.

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by ace
I've met both good & bad practioners at both.

I have Met some Judo guy's
that were well versed in the Ground Game
I've met some BJJ guy's that were as good standing
as they were on the ground.

I have met some who seem to be lacking
i think Judo is a bit more limited do to
the rules in the sport.
How ever that does not apply to all.
________________________________________-

Now as for the Record of Fighting
BJJ guy's do have the higher advantege
But there have been Wins on the Judo side as well.
-____________________________________________-
For me personaly i feel both arts/sports are good
And FUN above all.
Also i have met some truely cool people from both.:D
_____________________________________________-----

Happy New Year Everyone:D

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ace,

At times we too think alike. I checked your profile. You know Dave Howe right? And thats you there too? Primo? I heard someone in here mention that name.

On another forum his username was NAFF Dave or something like that but I know you must know him he's a 6th degree (I think) at your fedrations site.

Any way I have respect for someone who stands their ground for their art and he did. I will push a bit but thats what its about. isn't it?:D

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ace,

If you are training Trad. JJ and BJJ you are on the rightious path. They both have what the other can use.

I've got a few years BJJ and I'm now learning George Kirbys Budoshin Ju Jitsu and George Alexanders Shorinji Ryu Jujitsu.

It adds a whole new lite to things.

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by akja
Ace,

At times we too think alike. I checked your profile. You know Dave Howe right? And thats you there too? Primo? I heard someone in here mention that name.

On another forum his username was NAFF Dave or something like that but I know you must know him he's a 6th degree (I think) at your fedrations site.

Any way I have respect for someone who stands their ground for their art and he did. I will push a bit but thats what its about. isn't it?:D

My Name is Primo luciano
That is My Birth given Name
My Father is Puerto Rican
My Mother German,Irish & Native American Indian
I Am a Mut :D

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by JDenz
A tough mutt lol or did you mean nut JK

Now U are going to corect my spelling.:jediduel:

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by ace
My Name is Primo luciano
That is My Birth given Name
My Father is Puerto Rican
My Mother German,Irish & Native American Indian
I Am a Mut :D

I'm a Croation and Spanish and my kids are Spanish, Croation, Mexican and Native American Indian (either Cheyenne or Cherokee, the family isn't sure but they were from Texas). Muts also.

So you know Dave then, right?