Judo/Jujitsu Against Taller Opponent?

stonewall1350

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So i am working on trying to deal with a guy in class. We are so equally matched that we almost always stalemate after 5 minutes. So I am trying to take the edge from standing. Anyway.

I am heavier, but we are about the same strength. He is about 3 or 4 inches taller and long arms and legs. I tried an arm drag yesterday and I almost got him. I just barely missed.

Anyway. Any suggestions? Good takedowns, sweeps, trips, or whatever on a guy that is a little taller and equal strength?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So i am working on trying to deal with a guy in class. We are so equally matched that we almost always stalemate after 5 minutes. So I am trying to take the edge from standing. Anyway.

I am heavier, but we are about the same strength. He is about 3 or 4 inches taller and long arms and legs. I tried an arm drag yesterday and I almost got him. I just barely missed.

Anyway. Any suggestions? Good takedowns, sweeps, trips, or whatever on a guy that is a little taller and equal strength?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WQf_pSK6zGk[/video]

My personal fave. Not too hard to do either. Just got to watch your sweeping foot. Can end up crushing your ankle when he falls.