JTO: Could environmentalism really be communism in disguise?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Could environmentalism really be communism in disguise?
By - 04-12-2010 04:11 PM
Originally Posted at: The Japan Times Online

====================

KYOTO — Vaclav Klaus, president of the Czech Republic, has published a book bitterly critical of environmentalists that has been translated into several languages. The original title of the book in Czech is "Modra, Nikoli Zelena Planeta," which literally translates as "blue planet, not green." Its English version has the title "Blue Planet in Green Shackles." The Japanese translation is titled "Kankyo-shugi wa Honto ni Tadashii no ka?" This literally means "Is environmentalism truly correct?"
The translator of the Japanese version called Klaus' book the equivalent of "The Road to Serfdom" for the age of environmentalism. Friedrich von Hayek, an Austrian economist, asserted in "The Road to Serfdom" (written during World War II) that fascism and communism shared the same fundamental roots in that they both suppress human freedom. The book became a classic of political economy as it proclaimed that freedom is of supreme value. The masterpiece directly challenged the then prevailing notion that communism liberates people suppressed by fascism.

Ar33pJt85_g

Read More...

------------------------------------
The Japan Times Online

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I wouldn't go so far as to call it communism in disguise, but there are certainly some shocking similarities. All things having a positive and negative side to them.

But i have to add that i think one would need to very clearly define communism first before trying to answer that question. Not an easy task. Maybe also recap environmentalism and what that should entail..

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why are some people so excited to see a degraded, sicker world that they will go absurd lengths to make it happen? Environmentalism is not communism. Grow up.

Unless, of course, Teddy Roosevelt and Nixon now count as communists.