JT the Ninja in motion...[]

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's what really confuses me....The Koreans here, call them Bassai and Naihanchi. Hwang Kee called them that, Hwang HC still calls them that, Master Pak, Ho Sik and Master Lee, Kang Uk, all the Masters that I have worked with, all call them that....Just to name a few.....

I have heard that Palche is the "Korean" variant....but I have seen no proof of that being on the Korean penninsula. I'm by no means doubting it....I mean, Kim, CS is OBVIOUSLY Korean. But I've been in the Korean TSD community for almost a year...in Korea....and I read Hangul and have seen Bassai and Naihanchi written IN KOREAN many times, but never any other variant.

Chizikunbo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
That's what really confuses me....The Koreans here, call them Bassai and Naihanchi. Hwang Kee called them that, Hwang HC still calls them that, Master Pak, Ho Sik and Master Lee, Kang Uk, all the Masters that I have worked with, all call them that....Just to name a few.....

I have heard that Palche is the "Korean" variant....but I have seen no proof of that being on the Korean penninsula. I'm by no means doubting it....I mean, Kim, CS is OBVIOUSLY Korean. But I've been in the Korean TSD community for almost a year...in Korea....and I read Hangul and have seen Bassai and Naihanchi written IN KOREAN many times, but never any other variant.

As you may know, Pal Che means "Certain Victory"...I have heard that it was used more in the Kong Soo Do line, but Im not sure..
In TSDSBD Vol. 1 Hwang Kee calles Naihanji's Nae Boo Jin, Bassai is the Japanese Passai etc.
--josh

OP
JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja

Black Belt
Reaction score
Update: I added a new video to my YouTube channel yesterday. It's not technically a martial arts video, but you might find it interesting anyway:

This video was more of a "fun" project, while preparing for mix03 by experimenting and widening my editing abilities. Hope you enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator: