Joe Rogans Accomplishments and USTU/USTA events?

OP
D

Drose427

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
You don't have to of course but if you don't it just looks like you are making it up which of course you aren't...much.

Oh padding of course, why didn't I think of that.

Clearly he has sparred Kukki tkd, where they break ribs through chest protectors......break noses, and frequently get kos..

Laplace_demon

Black Belt
Reaction score
You don't have to of course but if you don't it just looks like you are making it up which of course you aren't...much.

Oh padding of course, why didn't I think of that.

An exceptional TKD fighter can beat up a MT/Kickboxer. That's not really speaking in favour of my art, is it?

How many people are exceptional? What does exceptional entail?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An exceptional TKD fighter can beat up a MT/Kickboxer. That's not really speaking in favour of my art, is it?

Here's a question for you...where do you think kick boxing originated from? I'm not talking about Muay Thai but K1.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Or you accept the empirical fact that even highly skilled TKD guys stay with TKD competitions for a reason more often than not. And the current top of striking being dominated by MT fighters. It would be a radical adjustment for the TKD guy, a minor leap for the MT fighter.

Top flight TKDin stay with TKD because they, uh, love Taekwondo. That's how they become elite. They are funded, Taekwondo pays their wages, and they get to do what they love, and be successful at it. There's very little to draw someone away from such an attractive lifestyle.

You jump to the wrong conclusion.

OP
D

Drose427

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Show me where I said that. Serkan was not world class. Even your cherry picking is weak.

What about all the MMA strikers i listed? Were they weak too?

Kyokushin.

and no not really.

It come from a myriad of Karate/TSD\TKD.

Bill wallace was TSD i believe which is pretty similar in sparring to ITF, Benny the Jet was Karate, Corley was TSD and TKD. I believe emilio Narvaez was TKD as well....

OP
D

Drose427

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Top flight TKDin stay with TKD because they, uh, love Taekwondo. That's how they become elite. They are funded, Taekwondo pays their wages, and they get to do what they love, and be successful at it. There's very little to draw someone away from such an attractive lifestyle.

You jump to the wrong conclusion.

Yup, the same reason many kickboxers and World class Judoka and BJJers dont go to MMA.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score

A TKD player isn't really interested in 'beating people up'.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yup, the same reason many kickboxers and World class Judoka and BJJers dont go to MMA.

In fact, quite the opposite now, players from other arts transfer to TKD based on the potential funding and reward opportunities it offers. An athlete would be a fool to give it up and fight for individual purses.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or you accept the empirical fact that even highly skilled TKD guys stay with TKD competitions for a reason more often than not. And the current top of striking being dominated by MT fighters. It would be a radical adjustment for the TKD guy, a minor leap for the MT fighter.

You're just making stuff up as you go along, aren't you?
You claim your father was 'one of the top karateka' in the world. And yet, he didn't train you. That's odd.
You've also claimed that he couldn't block a strike you threw. That's also odd.
You claim to be training under a very qualified instructor. And call his school a McDojo. That's also odd.
You claim to have better kicks than the black belts in your school, but don't post a video to prove it. That would be odd, if you actually believed your claim.

Come on. Be honest. You're just trolling, aren't you?

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Funny that TKDin don't go into other styles but a lot of MMAers have been to TKD to learn summa dem fancy kicks...hmmm

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Show me where I said that. Serkan was not world class. Even your cherry picking is weak.

Kyokushin

Are you arguing with yourself here? Your answers don't match the questions.

Kyokushin. Nope.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You're just making stuff up as you go along, aren't you?
You claim your father was 'one of the top karateka' in the world. And yet, he didn't train you. That's odd.

Hmm, I think in Poppas position, I might have made the same decision. Not that odd maybe...

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yilmaz is great to watch. Not hugely successful but man, just entertaining as all hell.

He did a lot better than some I could name lol. Always better to do than boast. ;)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I think in Poppas position, I might have made the same decision. Not that odd maybe...

If memory serves (I'd have to check back through the thread to be certain) he has claimed, at various times, to the the offspring of "world class" boxer, wrestler, and karateka.

Latest Discussions