Joe Palanzo, Rank, and Other Kenpo Gossip

OP
M

Mikael151

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
For the record, I had nothing to do with starting or giving a title to this thread. The credit belongs to the mod who moved it here.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
-- Mike Pick is the successor because Mr. Parker promoted him with his own belt.
I'm not stating anything about this situation which I'm not involved with but that instance if the belt was given and kept (not given back after the ceremony) then it "could" be a sign that the Grandmaster wishes him to take over "or" at least be a leader.

P.S. I googled, yahooed and dogpiled that "same" so-called initial search and nothing about Mr. Polanzo or anybody else came up seeking rank.

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm not stating anything about this situation which I'm not involved with but that instance if the belt was given and kept (not given back after the ceremony) then it "could" be a sign that the Grandmaster wishes him to take over "or" at least be a leader.

P.S. I googled, yahooed and dogpiled that "same" so-called initial search and nothing about Mr. Polanzo or anybody else came up seeking rank.

Instead of grasping for straws it'd be easier to put things in a more understood format. For instance, promote the person to your highest rank beneath you (which was not the case here). Or openly call the person your protege (again not the case the here). Reaching for symbolizm of what "could" be implied is just that....reaching.

Lost me here, can you clarify exactly what you are saying?

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
Instead of grasping for straws it'd be easier to put things in a more understood format. For instance, promote the person to your highest rank beneath you (which was not the case here). Or openly call the person your protege (again not the case the here). Reaching for symbolizm of what "could" be implied is just that....reaching.

I wasn't reaching for anything except that the initial poster of this thread "stated" what they searched out and duplicated their search and found that what "they said" they found was not there, implying they had an agenda from the start.

As for the belt/ceremony part. I know of an instance close to me where that situation did happen.

Did I answer what you seek?

Seabrook

Black Belt
Reaction score

Agreed.

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I wasn't reaching for anything except that the initial poster of this thread "stated" what they searched out and duplicated their search and found that what "they said" they found was not there, implying they had an agenda from the start.

As for the belt/ceremony part. I know of an instance close to me where that situation did happen.

Did I answer what you seek?

To clarify I was not stating or implying you were reaching or grasping for straws. I was stating that the original perpetrators of said myth were. In short your statement has alot of history to it that you may not be aware of and has been repeated ad nauseum by folks with the "agendas". My apologies for the confusion.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
James, Thanks for the clarification and makes better sense.

Jamie, If I wasn't on the same page as James, I probably was not with you either.

Sorry for the confusion to both of you.
Take care, James

Latest Discussions