Jion vs Ge-Baek vs Koryo

Status
Not open for further replies.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
LOL!
Hey I gotta life.
Its fun sittin on the internet talk crap but its money out there to get and I dont like bein broke.
Well crap is probably the best description of what you are spewing out so far. So kudos for nailing that.
I would recommend using the money you make to invest in a 'g' key so you can finally spell out your words correctly such 'sittinG' and 'beinG'.

And besides Im not an internet gangster or internet martial artist.
So the same bull I speak online Ill say to anyone in person.
Again...kudos for nailing it on the head about what you are talking about...bull, nothing factual.

OP
Kinghercules

Kinghercules

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Here is a Shorin-ryu version of Jion that I rather like. The performer doesn't lock out his back leg in front stance, but that may not be a flaw in his style.

[yt]6crcS_Zr9S0[/yt]

Ive seen someone start off Jion like this and I kinda like it.
In some of GM Kanazawa's videos he dosent lock out his back leg in front stance either. But Ive notice that with a lot of Shotokan practitioners.
Maybe thats just how they do it.

OP
Kinghercules

Kinghercules

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well crap is probably the best description of what you are spewing out so far. So kudos for nailing that.
I would recommend using the money you make to invest in a 'g' key so you can finally spell out your words correctly such 'sittinG' and 'beinG'.

Again...kudos for nailing it on the head about what you are talking about...bull, nothing factual.

Hey thanks for the advice.
But my "g" button on my computer works fine.
Since this is not a formal settin. I choose to type in Ebonics since I speak in Ebonics.
I always find it funny how white ppl always wanna criticize how I type as if dey type jus how dey speak.

OP
Kinghercules

Kinghercules

Blue Belt
Reaction score
OK, let's see if we can get the thread back on track, with some technical stuff.

I can't see doing Jion as a warm up before this type of sparring, which has a lot of kicking skills.

I can see though that Jion might be a good warm up for this type of sparring, which is mostly hand skills.

Man you guys are so literal around here or is it jus because we're on the internet? LOL!
When I said we did Jion before the tournament I didnt mean the day of the tournament, right before it started.
Its just somethin done leadin up to the day. In fact the day before GM Cheeks would have me jus go thru forms and stretchin.
Before then all the sparring and techniques wouldve been worked on.
Now on the day of the tournament right before things get started we would go thru Yuk Soo Darion to prepare for the sparrin.

Now in the WKF I dont think I would do good in those kinda tournaments. Correct me if Im wrong but they HAVE TO fight in that stance and position, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Kinghercules

Kinghercules

Blue Belt
Reaction score

No disrespect to Kanazawa Sensei, but if he performed to that level at the WTF World Poomsae Championships, I do not think he would win today. Compare:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOmWUCCLNlA&feature=related

Well at the WTF World Poomsae Championships you can only do WTF forms, right?
Is it an open tournament?

Dont forget that Master Kanazawa won both forms and fightin at the All Japan Open back in the day.
I think Ky Tu Dang only does forms, right?
I got mad respect form Master Kanazawa because he competed in both forms and fightin.

OP
Kinghercules

Kinghercules

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Dont forget that Master Kanazawa won both forms and fightin at the All Japan Open back in the day.
I think Ky Tu Dang only does forms, right?
I got mad respect form Master Kanazawa because he competed in both forms and fightin.

Now that Ive said that.....it kinda brings anotha question to mind. LOL!
I betta check and see if it was already post tho.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the advice.
But my "g" button on my computer works fine.
Since this is not a formal settin. I choose to type in Ebonics since I speak in Ebonics.
I always find it funny how white ppl always wanna criticize how I type as if dey type jus how dey speak.
While I am not much of a stickler for correct spelling or even missing words in a sentence, because I am just as guilty as the next person, it is hard to take anything you say seriously because you purposely speak in an ignorant matter. It does not make you look "hard" it does not make you look cool. It just makes you look like some ignorant kid who is trolling the pages in hopes to get some attention, because mommy did not hug you enough or perhaps uncle Freddy hugged you too much. Regardless, I do not believe any of your seniors especially your late GM would want you to represent them in this manner.

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Now on the day of the tournament right before things get started we would go thru Yuk Soo Darion to prepare for the sparrin.

As in Yuk Soo Daeryun (역수대련)? Ridge Hand Sparring? I am not familiar with that term, could you explain?

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score

I wasn't talking about the particular form but rather the technical and presentation level.

OP
Kinghercules

Kinghercules

Blue Belt
Reaction score
While I am not much of a stickler for correct spelling or even missing words in a sentence, because I am just as guilty as the next person, it is hard to take anything you say seriously because you purposely speak in an ignorant matter. It does not make you look "hard" it does not make you look cool. It just makes you look like some ignorant kid who is trolling the pages in hopes to get some attention, because mommy did not hug you enough or perhaps uncle Freddy hugged you too much. Regardless, I do not believe any of your seniors especially your late GM would want you to represent them in this manner.

Oh I wasnt aware that you could hear me speakin.

.....because you purposely speak in an ignorant matter.
Purposely?
When and where?

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by miguksaram
.....because you purposely speak in an ignorant matter.
Purposely?
When and where?

From my perspective, the "Speaking" was referring to the internet postings although we are all aware this is not technically "Speaking".

As you said, you purposely omit the "g" from your words. (unlike me whose typing can just be awful.)

Like it or not if you speak widout proper grammer and syntax, den duh perception is dat are not talkin in an intelligent matter and you won't be takin serious.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I believe you said this at one point:
kh said:
So the same bull I speak online Ill say to anyone in person
Which implies that you speak they way you type. So to see how you type I can, in my mind hear how you speak.
Purposely?
When and where?

Anytime you post.

OP
Kinghercules

Kinghercules

Blue Belt
Reaction score
From my perspective, the "Speaking" was referring to the internet postings although we are all aware this is not technically "Speaking".

As you said, you purposely omit the "g" from your words. (unlike me whose typing can just be awful.)

Like it or not if you speak widout proper grammer and syntax, den duh perception is dat are not talkin in an intelligent matter and you won't be takin serious.

Then it is not my fault that Im not takin seriously and Im not the ignorant one.
There's no such thing as "proper" English. The purpose of language is for communication with the use of words and arbitrary sounds.
If Im considered ignorant then all of us on here are too. For the simple fact that so-called "proper" English is spoken in the UK.
Its jus the same as ppl from the North thinkin that ppl from the South are ignorant jus because they have an southern accent.
If yall consider me ignorant because of my speech, then that doesent make ME the fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.