Jet Li/Fearless

wee_blondie

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Not seen it yet but its on my list! Watched Legend of the Red Dragon (early Jet Li) and loved it!

However, Tony Jaa is my current fav - no wires, just amazing stunts!

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I watched it last night, enjoyed it very much.

It will definately be added to my DVD collection when it comes out.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fearless was definitely good! It has a good story as well as action.

Some of the special effects in the fight scenes were choppy and distracting, but this is a minor quibble.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Watched (part of) this movie last night... t'was good. Lots of good MA philosophy and of course the (fight) choreography of Yuen Wo Ping made it enjoyable as well.
With it being Li's last MA film (at least according to the hype), I watched his acting during the (non) fight scenes and saw that he truly did mature as an fighter that became an actor.
He seems to have a taste for "historical dramas" i.e. Hero, Once Upon A Time In China (series) and so forth. If he does get in front of the camera I'm guessing it'll be another historical drama. But you never know.
An enjoyable film to be sure.

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The Mrs. and I went last Monday to see Fearless at the local Regal Cinemas...

WOW! That's about all that comes to mind!

The philosophical side to the movie was excellent... as was the MA action...

Not sure if the sub-tittles were problematic for the Wife or not... as I'd forgotten to mention that the movie was in Chinese... with English subs...

Honestly, I’ve never been disappointed by a Jet Li flick... and don't expect I ever will be... even if he's just acting (no MA stuff), or directing!

Best Regards,

Andy

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I liked the movie. It's not quite as pretty as Hero but less wire work in the fight scenes.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Last night I watched and enjoyed Fearless also. This movie is now among some of my top MA favorites. I loved the philosophical side of this story. The fight scenes showed plenty of action.

- Ceicei

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would like to see the show....I am glad it is getting good reviews by my peers. Fellow MAer's. I will wait until dvd though. It just makes more sense to pay for the movie when it first comes out. It will be cheaper than going to the show, buying food and being in a crowd.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Since the movie came out overseas over a year ago, I have had it for awhile and always watch it when I need something to see. It is a great movie and I feel sad to hear it will be Li's last martial arts film. Great to see a movie with a message.

Also nice to see Collin Chou (Seraph from the Matrix) play the par of his dad.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I would like to see the show....I am glad it is getting good reviews by my peers. Fellow MAer's. I will wait until dvd though. It just makes more sense to pay for the movie when it first comes out. It will be cheaper than going to the show, buying food and being in a crowd.

e-bay, right now, go get it.

Stan

Green Belt
Reaction score
I saw in the trailer they have various Eastern/Western match ups. Given that Jet Li is obviously the hero, do they give respect to the Western styles, or are the Westerners just punching bags for him?

If the latter, I'm sure I'll still like the movie, but I'll be a little disappointed that yet another big-budget movie perpetuates the invincibility of "Kung Fu" against hapless Western dolts.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I saw in the trailer they have various Eastern/Western match ups. Given that Jet Li is obviously the hero, do they give respect to the Western styles, or are the Westerners just punching bags for him?

If the latter, I'm sure I'll still like the movie, but I'll be a little disappointed that yet another big-budget movie perpetuates the invincibility of "Kung Fu" against hapless Western dolts.

Ummm, well, there were a bit of stereotyping there with the matches, but both sides showed honor. It was a nice contrast to the local matches in the beginning of the movie. Basically the difference and the display of honor emphasized the theme of the entire movie--how he finally understood the meaning of martial arts.

Tough lessons to learn.... That's why I liked the movie.

- Ceicei

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I enjoyed the movie very much. :)

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
You know I stand corrected. A friend of mine came up for the weekend and we on the fly went to see the movie. I am not sorry that I did. The movie was great.

I will probably see it at least once more before video.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great movie. I really enjoyed the fights between him and Tanaka at the end. Katana vs 3 sectioned staff was great!

It's not really his last martial arts movie, but he's planning on it being he last one in a historical setting.

Jeff