Jeffrey Donovan of "Burn Notice" MA artist

Joab

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Just watched an interview with Jeffrey Donovan, star of the hit tv series "Burn Notice". He stated he was on the University of Massachusettes karate team and studied ju jitsu and aikido for ten years after college. He also says he works out the fight scenes with the fight choreographer on Burn Notice and does all the fight scenes himself, no stuntman doing it for him. I don't know what form of karate he took, I always thought he looked pretty good in those scenes were he was taking out the bad guys.

KELLYG

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have watch the show several times. The cheese factor is a bit high for my taste but the fight scenes are worth the watch.

K831

Black Belt
Reaction score
My wife and I really like the show. Yes, there is some cheese factor, but it isn't out of character for the show, in fact, it is kind of endearing.

I like the chemistry between the actors, and the relationships they portray. The action scenes are fun, but I like how often they resort to clever schemes and cons or techy gizzmo's to solve problems.

Cool that he is an MA'st

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I love Gabrielle Anwar..

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
Im sure it was that show where in an early episode after a fight scene he says to one of the others that what he just did was hapkido.

Latest Discussions