Jeff Healey

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jeff Healey died today after a long battle with cancer. He was an amazing guitarist. Cancer in his early life is what took his eye sight from him. If you are a fan, you know how talented he was, if you aren't I suggest you go and buy his album and give it a listen. You will be impressed. He recently released an album, his first in 8 years.

I didn't put this in Hall of Remembrance because that is technically for fallen warriors of the arts. However, I felt compelled to start a thread in his honor, listening to his music always sends my mind into memories of my younger years. :)

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
How sad. He was an incredible guitarist, even without considering his unorthodox approach to playing the instrument.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I saw Jeff years ago, and he was a great guitarist. I remember he moved around a lot on stage for a blind guy, and the rest of the band was always looking at him in case he decided to wander over in their direction :D He did an awful lot of smiling while he played as well, and a good time was had by all. Being a musician myself I've seen a ton of bands and groups in the last few decades, but Jeff really came across as a guy who was having an absolute blast on stage, and you could feel it in the audience and it just made for a great time for everyone. It's too bad he passed so young, but we were lucky to have him as long as we did.

RIP Jeff

jim

HG1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Jeff was a talented musician. He also has a small role in one of my favorite action movies of the 80's Road House. It's sad he's no longer with us.

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was first introduced to him watching Road House, I enjoyed his music very much and this he will be missed

AndyM

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Jeff Healey died today after a long battle with cancer. He was an amazing guitarist. Cancer in his early life is what took his eye sight from him. If you are a fan, you know how talented he was, if you aren't I suggest you go and buy his album and give it a listen. You will be impressed. He recently released an album, his first in 8 years.

I didn't put this in Hall of Remembrance because that is technically for fallen warriors of the arts. However, I felt compelled to start a thread in his honor, listening to his music always sends my mind into memories of my younger years. :)

**** Crap

Really sad.
I met Jeff Healey, after watching one of his concerts about 20 odd years ago.
Lovely human being.
Simply awesome guitar player.
Shook his hand and talked some stuff.
He told me I had "strong hands".

I had no idea about the big 'C' issue.

Heaven got an awesome new entertainer.

Ronin Moose

Blue Belt
Reaction score
He has long been in my list of great blues guitarists. He will be missed by many. God bless.....

-Garry

Latest Discussions