JCVD vs Cody Garbrant

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Has anyone seen one of the videos of this that everyone was shooting?

Quote from the article:
"everyone was watching, taking videos, so from the outside it looked like I hit him and he was crying."

And what a crybaby this guy is. How many times did he complain he got kicked in the teeth?

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Has anyone seen one of the videos of this that everyone was shooting?

Quote from the article:
"everyone was watching, taking videos, so from the outside it looked like I hit him and he was crying."

And what a crybaby this guy is. How many times did he complain he got kicked in the teeth?
Actually yeah saw this ages ago

Also he should've been wearing a gum shield

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry, from that video I don't see why the guy was bitching over and over about getting kicked in the teeth. Didn't look bad to me.
And if you saw the video ages ago, why did you say you're not quite sure if you believe the story?

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry, from that video I don't see why the guy was bitching over and over about getting kicked in the teeth. Didn't look bad to me.
And if you saw the video ages ago, why did you say you're not quite sure if you believe the story?
Because firstly that wasnt the incident. That was JCVD working with chris holdsworth you can see garbrant standing at the side watching.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Spent a few days with JCVD back in the nineties, at Billy Blanks' fitness center in L.A.. Twenty years can mean a lot, a ton really, the amount a person can progress is limitless, astronomical even.
Good thing for JC, he couldn't fight worth a lick back then. But I'm glad he's doing well.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well my first question was did anyone see the video, and you said yes you did ages ago, and posted this one. A little confusing.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well my first question was did anyone see the video, and you said yes you did ages ago, and posted this one. A little confusing.
Yes I saw a video of them training together which is that one...which I posted. No idea what's confusing about that

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Spent a few days with JCVD back in the nineties, at Billy Blanks' fitness center in L.A.. Twenty years can mean a lot, a ton really, the amount a person can progress is limitless, astronomical even.
Good thing for JC, he couldn't fight worth a lick back then. But I'm glad he's doing well.
Met him a while back at a kickboxing show. Nice guy that was the time he was training for that come back fight he was meant to do but never did for some reason (probably for the best tbh)

Reedone816

Blue Belt
Reaction score
From the interview, cody said jc did similar thing with tyson in movie set, it pissed him off to warn jc not to stay away from him otherwise he won't hold back.
So when their fight was filmed, they didn't do it together, but a different takes.
So basically what jc did was kicking without warning, that was pissed people off..

Sent from my BV8000Pro using Tapatalk

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
From the interview, cody said jc did similar thing with tyson in movie set, it pissed him off to warn jc not to stay away from him otherwise he won't hold back.
So when their fight was filmed, they didn't do it together, but a different takes.
So basically what jc did was kicking without warning, that was pissed people off..

Sent from my BV8000Pro using Tapatalk
Kicking without warning they were in a ring sparring and training that's kind of the point. Also that's really one of thr things I doubt most, if tyson was that angry he'd do something then and there also I've heard nothing in the media from tyson saying this. To me it sounds like garbrants ego is bruised because he got worked over by a guy in his 70s

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah just seen this. This is the actual part that got him upset...seriously the kick barely touched him