Jackie Chan

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All I can really say is...Good for him. Yes, I know he's made a pile of money off of the American movie scene so it sounds hypocritical of him to say what he is saying. However, he is not an American and it should be expected that he will attempt to try to pump some pride into his native culture.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree. He made money here but now wants to support his home group. That doesn't bother me at all.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chan cramped by Hollywood safety rules

"There are so many safety and insurance rules to follow," Chan said in an interview on his Web site Sunday. "I know that they want to make sure that I'm safe when I do my stunts, but sometimes they insist that I use protective gear for even simple things, and that is frustrating. It takes so much time."

Chan, best known in the United States for the "Rush Hour" movies with Chris Tucker, said he feels less encumbered when making films in Hong Kong.

"In Hong Kong we just go ahead and do what needs to be done. There is no safety captain on the set. I use my own stunt team because they have experience and I trust them to make the action and stunts safe," he said.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jackie is amazing. Gotta respect the guy.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am going to go with scott. Jackie is an accomplished actor who has never rode the purse strings of "I am a real Martial Artist" He seems like a genuinely nice guy.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I love the Drunken Master and Police Story movies, I liked the Rush Hour movies and understand that the reason the action does not compare is that Jackie is in his fifties now and has broken every major bone in his body multiple times. The man just can't move the way he used and with good reason, and anyone who bashes Jackie for not doing the kinds of movies he did back in the day should take Jackie's injuries and age into consideration.

The Elemental

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I feel sorry for him sometimes, mostly because he's a good actor who wants to prove to the critics he is and he does but at the expense of the profits like what happened with Crime Story and Miracles, two of his best acting performances ever that were critical favorites but were also box office bombs at the time because we (the fanbase) don't want him to stay away from the Kung Fu/Action Comedy genre he was so famous for.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I love the Drunken Master and Police Story movies, I liked the Rush Hour movies and understand that the reason the action does not compare is that Jackie is in his fifties now and has broken every major bone in his body multiple times. The man just can't move the way he used and with good reason, and anyone who bashes Jackie for not doing the kinds of movies he did back in the day should take Jackie's injuries and age into consideration.

I thought his fight scenes in Forbidden Kingdown were GREAT.

Latest Discussions