J.K. Rowling leaves door open for 8th book

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I hoep she writes them herself...I don't see this as (yet) being something easy to hand over.

Yeah they do have fan fiction but I would like only her to write them. I think when you read fan fiction or if someone has been approved to write what she has effectively started in the back of your mind you will always think, "J.K. wouldn't have done it this /that way" or whatever.
Im a big HP fan but I guess sometimes the story needs to end with the person who began it.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was hoping that if she didn't write anymore books herself that she would go the George Lucas route and approve plot lines but let authors dabble in the universe so to speak.

Even if she didn't want anything done with the main characters, there is still a HUGE backstory of things that could be told. Like when Harry's father was in hogwarts or even short stories based on characters in the books.
This was what I was thinking about. Because there is so much to this particular universe and the fact that it interacts occasionally with Muggles (us) there are hundreds of possible stories involving those in both worlds, the characters created by Rowling can make "guest appearances or cameos"... either way... it's a fascinating world and shouldn't be left well enough alone.