It's time I said "Hello"

P

pakua

.... so "Hello"!

I've been in MT for a while but never said Hi in Meet-n-Greet.

I'm in Johannesburg, South Africa, and have been doing Tai Chi for 2-3 months now. I train under Sifu Eddie Jardine, who is also known as Sensei because he teaches Yushinkai Kobujutsu too.

I'm a beginner, but my 2 kids have trained with him for some time. My 11 year old son is on his Purple Belt; his sister (8) is Orange. I see in some threads that some styles and clubs seem to fly through the grades. Not the case here- it's taken my son 5 years to get to purple, and Sensei has a policy of not grading to 1st Dan under 16 years of age.

So far I'm loving Tai Chi- at these early stages I'm still at the "Oops! Wrong way!" level, but I'm getting the hang of it! At nearly 50 I'm not quite as supple as I used to be. When Sifu says "Listen to your body" I'm not sure if he means that literally- some moves really get the class members' knees talking.

This is a great site! I love to browse in the forums to do with things I've never heard of and know zip about, just for the heck of it.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome Pakua~!

There are some Tai Chi members of MT, they are pretty quiet though, maybe you could spur them into some lively discussions :)

Hope you enjoy the board~!

~Tess

OP
P

pakua

Lively discussion? No Tess, we Tai Chi types don't do lively!

OP
P

pakua

A colleague told me he thinks Tai Chi is like a chameleon walking along a stick.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome.
Hope you enjoy it here as much as I do...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome! :)

I used to do a little Tai Chi. Was a good workout. :)

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Pakua! I belong to that over 50 club. I think my knees are past creaking. I take glucoasamine sulfate and MSM, which helps alot. See the Health forum. My kids also became black belts in TKD and I enjoyed having them in class with me when they graduated to the adult class. Enjoy your kids while they are growing up. Martial arts is a good family thing to do. Also enjoy and benefit from what this forum has to offer, I have! TW

Latest Discussions