Itf

A

artful dodger

Does anyone know what the current situation is in ITF now that General Choi is gone?

OP
A

artful dodger

Originally posted by Marginal

www.raynerslanetkd.com

There are some good articles there.

Thanks for the website. The articles filled me in quite a bit. If you know anywhere else where there is info I'd love to hear about it.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes, very interesting reading.

Here's a question Damian. If the two were to ever become one again would the two ITF's do the same? There would no longer be a need for two of them would there?

:asian:

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
"If the two were to ever become one again would the two ITF's do the same?"

2 what? heh I don't understand what you mean by the two were to ever become one. You don't mean the 2 ITF's because your asking if they would follow suit......

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I was talking about the 2 Korea's uniting and becoming one again, but I think I see that the ITF will forever be split.

OP
B

Bagatha

I think (my own speculation based on observation) that this is where things are going... in term of unifying TKD. The ITF in NK has already joined the WTF, and they have always been ITF since forever. ITF Vienna is losing more and more members each day, some are going independant, some joining WTF, some joining the other ITF (ITF Canada). While ITF Canada is growing rapidly for such a new orginazation, picking up former ITF members who quit for one reason or another always political in nature, aswell as ITF Vienna members. My prediction is that in less than 2 years time it will be as though none of this ever happened. 1 ITF, 1 WTF. I am not sure of Master Choi's intentions in terms of a merger. I am hoping to stay true to the ITF style, because if I wanted to join WTF then thats what I would do, I dont like having that freedom to choose taken away from me.

taekwon.

KennethKu

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The irony of it all. After all these years of accusing ITF of selling out to the enemy North Korea, WTF turns around and embraces ITF NK? :)

OP
A

artful dodger

So is there three ITF organisations floating around at the moment, i in Canada, 1 in Vienna and 1 in NK. I'd be interested to know which one our organisation in Nz follows. One minute General Choi was supposed to be coming over here for a seminar and now I hear some people are going on a seminar run by his son.

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
whoa whoa whoa Bagatha slow down. Where did you get the info that ITF in North Korea joined WTF? I think your a little premature there. I'm in ITF Canada so don't think I'm saying that to disagree with you or argue.

Klondike, if the Koreas merged I would bet good money ITF Canada would remain ITF. So no merging of TKD. ITF Canada has no ties to North or South Korea so don't know how that would affect things.

Kenneth Ku, I think that is also premature, I don't think WTF wants anything to do with ITF...I'm thinking they would take whatever ITF Vienna had and try to turn it into WTF if there was some sort of merger on their part.

Artful Dodger, 2 ITF's... I don't think theres an ITF Korea at the moment. I think almost all ITF Vienna schools are resisting the order from General Choi to go under the North Korean politician. Which I whole heartedly agree with them resisting but.... wish they had gone against his orders when we had and were all in the same group still.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
See that's where being on the outside will get you.

I had no idea that's the reasoning behind the split, that a NK was to be the new man behind the ITF.

So they voted Master Choi in as President, what made them suddenly change to the NK guy? And I still say politics suck :mad:

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
-Voted Master Choi in as next president , after 2 years of General Choi remaining president Master Choi would finish the remaining 4 years

-North Korean agents approached him and tried to buy his loyalty (i.e. taskmasters wanting a puppet) **this is straight from the mouth of friends of mine that were at this meeting

-Master Choi refused

-Master Choi was illegally removed as the next president soon after (illegally in reference to ITF's own rules and democratic regulations)

-Master Choi formed ITF Canada (during this time we warned ITF Vienna that NK was going to be in charge sooner or later)

-Master Choi and his followers are condemned as traitors for not following the wishes of General Choi and refute the claims of NK involvement as lies and propoganda

-Now that General Choi has died and the Generals last orders have come out (that a NK politician be the new president of ITF - just like we said) all of a sudden many ITF Vienna people are saying that they cannot follow the Generals wishes for the betterment of TKD wich is exactly what we already did and were condemned for.

The whole thing has been very frustrating.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

OP
B

Bagatha

Originally posted by Damian Mavis

whoa whoa whoa Bagatha slow down. Where did you get the info that ITF in North Korea joined WTF? I think your a little premature there. I'm in ITF Canada so don't think I'm saying that to disagree with you or argue.

Well...that was the latest "unofficial" report. :rolleyes:Perhaps I spoke too soon, I usually hear things last so I assumed everyone knew. OOPS.

OP
A

artful dodger

Originally posted by Damian Mavis

Artful Dodger, 2 ITF's... I don't think theres an ITF Korea at the moment. I think almost all ITF Vienna schools are resisting the order from General Choi to go under the North Korean politician. Which I whole heartedly agree with them resisting but.... wish they had gone against his orders when we had and were all in the same group still.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD [/B]

Whats this korean politician's name?

OP
A

artful dodger

Damian,

Has Master Choi got a website somewhere. The official website is General Choi's right? I'm still trying to get my head around all this.

Latest Discussions