It doesn't work... Blog Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
And remember that I train "Aikido" the group of arts (my primary art is Nihon Goshin Aikido), not "Aikido" the art founded by Ueshiba. The difference is significant in most cases. Some of the same issues exist between the two groups, but few of the videos you find will be of NGA. It'd be like me pointing at videos of a college wrestling class and saying, "you do ground stuff, and this is what ground stuff is like". I might hit some good points, but I'd miss on some important stuff, because BJJ isn't the same as wrestling.

So show us a video of what you mean. You can't keep falling back on vague and complaining that people get the wrong impression.

You don't get it both ways.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok where have I done that?

I think you are making the claims.
So, you want me to prove your actions? I really don’t have the time to spend on that. If you don’t recall spending the better part of several months repeatedly making rather bold proclamations (without evidence, I might add) about the nature of my training, then I don’t see much point in continuing this part of t he discussion.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So show us a video of what you mean. You can't keep falling back on vague and complaining that people get the wrong impression.

You don't get it both ways.
I actually don’t mind if folks get the wrong impression. I just try to clarify where I can. Since I don’t have video, I can’t give video. Pretty simple. Mind you, you apparently allow no possibility that I’m being truthful. I’m not sure why you’re so driven to assume the worst about my training. Really, how does it affect you?

timalakiesdiavazw

White Belt
Reaction score
dmIp5x5.png

Women are athletically on par to equally trained 13-14 year old boys. Any martial art that hands out affirmative action black belts to women, while barring young teen boys from earning black belts has a double standard. If young teen boys aren't worthy of the rank, then neither are women. Plain and simple.

Those talking about outliers need to realize that they go in the opposite direction too. A woman being able to compete against a man is about as likely as a 10 year old child being able to compete against a woman. Of course there's no child empowerment nonsense trying to pretend that this statistically insignificant occurrence is commonplace.

Men are taller, have significantly more muscle mass both in the upper and lower body, have more fast twitch muscle fibers, have stronger bones and ligaments, are faster and are less prone to injuries. There's absolutely no contest.

Women don't belong in martial arts, it's a delusional idea really. I don't understand why martial arts have so many beta white knights trying to pretend otherwise.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
dmIp5x5.png

Women are athletically on par to equally trained 13-14 year old boys. Any martial art that hands out affirmative action black belts to women, while barring young teen boys from earning black belts has a double standard. If young teen boys aren't worthy of the rank, then neither are women. Plain and simple.

Those talking about outliers need to realize that they go in the opposite direction too. A woman being able to compete against a man is about as likely as a 10 year old child being able to compete against a woman. Of course there's no child empowerment nonsense trying to pretend that this statistically insignificant occurrence is commonplace.

Men are taller, have significantly more muscle mass both in the upper and lower body, have more fast twitch muscle fibers, have stronger bones and ligaments, are faster and are less prone to injuries. There's absolutely no contest.

Women don't belong in martial arts, it's a delusional idea really. I don't understand why martial arts have so many beta white knights trying to pretend otherwise.
thers a certain amount of truth in your rational, but your overstating it somewhat, blackbelt are handed out for skill not athleticism, so a strength defect shouldn't really detract from them being awarded to women

with ''professional athletes'' of the same discipline, women have about 60% of the strength of their male counter parts, however with power based events like sprinting they are only down about 10% on performance, so all those fast twitch fibres make a difference, just no where near what you're suggesting

with non athletes its very difficult to give any thing like an accurate figure, because nobody is measuring it/ before you draw my attention to the graph you posted above, can i point out is has an 80 yo male with the same grip strength as a 17/18 yo male and just as bizarrely an 80 male being far stronger than a 25 yo woman. that is clearly not right so the whole data set is in question

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.