Issues with new assistant instructor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
and just to add I was born in England but went to live in Scotland from the age of eight, my father being Scottish and no lover of the English. I had many what would be called 'non PC' comments aimed at me, I prefer to tell the truth, they were slurs and insults, they were especially frequent at Easter as I was according to some a 'Jesus killer'. I know very well the difference between commenting on someone just to be able to point someone out and the remarks that are horrible to be on the end of which I still do receive.

I didn't think Aussies still had a chip on their shoulders about their beginnings, it seems some have. the world has moved on enormously, they should to.

Can anyone imagine what the reaction would be if that was said to a black guy?

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't think black people get called 'Jesus killers' do you.
I would say you are Really poking a bear that can get really angry.
Folks of all persuasions have been called some bad stuff. Yes your quote is very, very bad. Depending on the circle in which the slur is used in, I am certain there are sayings just as bad to that person.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say you are Really poking a bear that can get really angry.
Folks of all persuasions have been called some bad stuff. Yes your quote is very, very bad. Depending on the circle in which the slur is used in, I am certain there are sayings just as bad to that person.

Did you actually understand that I wrote what was said to me as a child and that it is still said to me? It wasn't me quoting anything, it was me telling you one of the many anti Semite phrases that are said to me and my fellow Jews? I am very aware that black people are abused but the 'Jew killer' one is unique to Jews .

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Did you actually understand that I wrote what was said to me as a child and that it is still said to me? It wasn't me quoting anything, it was me telling you one of the many anti Semite phrases that are said to me and my fellow Jews? I am very aware that black people are abused but the 'Jew killer' one is unique to Jews .
Yea, I got that. You think your sect are the only ones ever persecuted? I do not go into the details of what my POS father called or did to me and my siblings. I have fully moved on. I strongly suggest you do the same

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, I got that. You think your sect are the only ones ever persecuted? I do not go into the details of what my POS father called or did to me and my siblings. I have fully moved on. I strongly suggest you do the same

FFS are you really that obtuse that you read comments and twist them into something they aren't?

You went on about 'poking the bear', what bloody bear? You are the only one who is angry here and for absolutely no reason, you jump in with both feet in your mouth and rant about goodness knows what, totally changing all context and putting some sort of weird agenda of your own making in place. All I can think of from this and other comments of yours is that you are one of 'those' who shall not be named on here because of the political restrictions but at whom the rest of the world laughs at but conspicuously wear red hats :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
FFS are you really that obtuse that you read comments and twist them into something they aren't?

You went on about 'poking the bear', what bloody bear? You are the only one who is angry here and for absolutely no reason, you jump in with both feet in your mouth and rant about goodness knows what, totally changing all context and putting some sort of weird agenda of your own making in place. All I can think of from this and other comments of yours is that you are one of 'those' who shall not be named on here because of the political restrictions but at whom the rest of the world laughs at but conspicuously wear red hats :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Um, who is upset here? Certainly not me. Just calling a spade a spade.
I kindly advised you to think about what you write because is sounded sideways. From others perspective you words Will be misconstrued.
Since you decided to make this personal, frankly I find much of what you say small and self centered. But I have not nor ever would made any such inference in any other post.
If I am going to say something, rest assured I am not going to beat around the bushes and hide behind my ethnicity, or anything else for that matter.
Have no idea what the red hat comment means. I guess it is some meaningless saying from someone who lives on an island smaller than most of out states. Very, very sad.
Please grow up and grow a pair.
Yes I know you are female.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um, who is upset here? Certainly not me. Just calling a spade a spade.
I kindly advised you to think about what you write because is sounded sideways. From others perspective you words Will be misconstrued.
Since you decided to make this personal, frankly I find much of what you say small and self centered. But I have not nor ever would made any such inference in any other post.
If I am going to say something, rest assured I am not going to beat around the bushes and hide behind my ethnicity, or anything else for that matter.
Have no idea what the red hat comment means. I guess it is some meaningless saying from someone who lives on an island smaller than most of out states. Very, very sad.
Please grow up and grow a pair.
Yes I know you are female.

I'm sorry I had to wait until I'd stopped laughing before I could reply.
How on earth does something 'sound sideways'?
The only person misconstruing anything is you.
I'm not making 'this' personal, you totally didn't understand what I was talking about so are coming out with a lot of waffle to justify your non-comprehension.
How you went from the OP to slagging off someone because they come from a small island is quite a feat. Well done.

What you are missing is that DB likes to stir things up, he likes sparring verbally and he likes to drop little sarky comments in to wind people up, well he's done well with you. throwing in the comment about saying that to a black person, is his way of causing strife here and didn't he do well with you, you fell hook line and sinker and went off on one.

For your information, by the way, the ancestry of the majority of Australians is as 'one pound Poms', they are English immigrants hence my comment to DB about his past. He likes to snark at me for being English so I pointed out I'm not actually. then you come along and rant about poking bears, and things about your father as well as other totally strange things. You have, yet again, not understood the context, the sentences or even the words. You pick a phrase out to get angry about and your fingers go flying over the keyboard with your chest puffing out in righteous indignation. 'I'll show her' you think, 'grow a pair' wow, that's a piece of highly original writing. My dear, I have a pair, I wear them as earrings ever since I took them off the last chap who was silly enough to tell me to grow a pair ( here's a clue, that was a joke....well it was half serious, I actually threw the balls away)
Now my dear, it's late here so I shall leave you to your raised blood pressure and far out right thoughts, your disapproval of what you thought I wrote ( here's another clue, what I wrote doesn't mean what you thought it did) and you sitting on your high horse because I'm off to bed ( it's late here) so you have a chance to think up more far right-on comments to make without me answering until the morning, I do look forward to that. You have been wrong about me before and you are wrong again but please don't let your being wrong get in the way of one of your stream of consciousness posts, they are so much fun.:D:D
Toodlepip old boy, see you in the morning.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
How on earth does something 'sound sideways'?
Common slang for something sounding derogatory. Figured anyone would have heard that by now.

What you are missing is that DB likes to stir things up
This is certainly not new news; anyone with a smidge of sense knows this. Was this revelatory for you?
then you come along and rant about poking bears
It was in reference to you comments towards some of JR's posts. Sounded very close to getting sideways. Worldwide forum, remember?
( here's another clue, what I wrote doesn't mean what you thought it did)
Here's another clue, what you wrote did Not sound like nor say what you thought it did. Worldwide forum, 2nd reminder.

You have been wrong about me before and you are wrong again
Probably. That is strongly a door that swings both ways. Worldwide forum, 3rd reminder.

Sweet dreams snookums.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Beware the dispatch of the Flying Monkeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.