Israeli Krav Maga New York City (IKM NYC)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
[yt]Ho_pYNSjI7Q&feature=feedu[/yt]

K831

Black Belt
Reaction score
They are a scrappy group for sure. I love the violence of their response, the hustle, the simplicity of the techniques and how well rounded it is. I think they have the best training methodology around, for the most part, and they foster the right mindset.

I do sometimes watch and think mechanics could be improved and cleaned up a little. Sometimes the guys in Krav vids can appear a bit sloppy. Just my observations.

I would love a chance to train with the IKMA in particular, as I have been most impressed with them. Unfortunately, they haven't made it out to the wild west yet.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Its a 2hr train ride for me to NYC, so hopefully, once things get up and running, I'll be able to take a trip and check them out. Looking at their other clips and talking to Chris (Spork on MT) I really like what I see.

K831

Black Belt
Reaction score
Its a 2hr train ride for me to NYC, so hopefully, once things get up and running, I'll be able to take a trip and check them out. Looking at their other clips and talking to Chris (Spork on MT) I really like what I see.

I agree, and I have talked to Chris about the org. a few times as well. Lot's of neat things going on it seems. I have dabbled in the Krav out here and enjoyed it, but there does seem to be some things about the IKMA that sets them apart, as far as I can tell. They seem to be "progressive".

Coming from the arts you are, do you ever watch the Krav vids and get the "rushed" or "sloppy" feeling, or is it just me?

I look forward to hearing of your experience.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree, and I have talked to Chris about the org. a few times as well. Lot's of neat things going on it seems. I have dabbled in the Krav out here and enjoyed it, but there does seem to be some things about the IKMA that sets them apart, as far as I can tell. They seem to be "progressive".

Coming from the arts you are, do you ever watch the Krav vids and get the "rushed" or "sloppy" feeling, or is it just me?

I look forward to hearing of your experience.

Yes, it does seem that way. IMO, I think it looks that way, especially to us, because we're so used to seeing the Kenpo way of doing things. Not saying what we do isnt effective, but while we go from A-Z using all the other letters, they go from A-Z and skip the stuff in between. :)

The place may not be open until later on in the year, but yes, I will post my experience. :)

Guvnor

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for the posts above.

I have also had a very good experience with Israeli Krav Maga people in Hamilton and I have also really enjoyed IKMF Krav Maga NYC Both these organizations are great and not just focused on money. Passionate Krav Maga practitioners. David Kahn is a good guy as is Avi Moyal and IKMF's rep in NYC.

Very impressive videos and techniques are always developing. Well done guys.

Spork3245

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The school is set to open the first week of September 2011 (under 2 weeks!)!!!!
Thanks for your patience guys! David Kahn will be teaching there weekly FYI. :)

Latest Discussions