Is this normal?

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
But I receieved a flyer for a S.K. Hayes seminar coming up. It's over two days, and its broken up into a couple hour segments... each segment is 30 dollars giving you the opportunity to only attend the segments you would like to...

One of the Segments is a Book Signing/Autograph session.

It costs 30 dollars to attend the session to get Mr. Hayes autograph...

????

Do other ninpo instructors, or Instructors in other arts do this??? That seems kinda silly to me... But then again, I have heard of athletes doing it too...

Thoughts?

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't do ninjitsu but the last siminar I attended for a martial art was either pay for a day or pay for the whole thing. That seems abit much to pay for an hour.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
But I receieved a flyer for a S.K. Hayes seminar coming up. It's over two days, and its broken up into a couple hour segments... each segment is 30 dollars giving you the opportunity to only attend the segments you would like to...

????

Do other ninpo instructors, or Instructors in other arts do this??? That seems kinda silly to me... But then again, I have heard of athletes doing it too...

Thoughts?
sounds pretty steep to me. I hope that he offers a deal for those that want to attend the entire thing. If you are paying more than fifty dollars for a seminar, you are a mark.
Sean

Deaf

Green Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:

????

Thoughts?

Well doesn't surprise me! SKH has always been about the $$. If you think $30 is high, ask him about how much he charges for a 45 minute private lesson!!!

I guess it really all boils down to whether or not you think the service is worth the money you are paying for. So if you want to spend $30 to get an autograph then so be it.

Deaf

Green Belt
Reaction score
Touch'O'Death said:
sounds pretty steep to me. I hope that he offers a deal for those that want to attend the entire thing. If you are paying more than fifty dollars for a seminar, you are a mark.
Sean

If I am correct, I think most of SKH's seminars are well over $200 for the day. I honestly don't think $30 is all that bad to pay for an hour segment, ONLY IF the quality of the instruction is up to par.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Deaf said:
If I am correct, I think most of SKH's seminars are well over $200 for the day. I honestly don't think $30 is all that bad to pay for an hour segment, ONLY IF the quality of the instruction is up to par.

But 30 for the Autograph session?

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
But 30 for the Autograph session?
$30 for an autograph is just pure unadulterated ego. There is no-one on the face of the planet that I would pay for an autograph of. Now, if you collect autographs for the sheer please of the collection it may be worth it. From a training/MA aspect it sounds rediculous.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
$30 just for the autograph is crazy!! However, there are many times that seminars or camps are broken down into different segments. $30 for a segment isnt that bad.

Mike

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MJS said:
$30 just for the autograph is crazy!! However, there are many times that seminars or camps are broken down into different segments. $30 for a segment isnt that bad.

Mike

Yeah, well, that was my question... I think its cool that you can only attend the segments of the seminar that you want, and the price for the seminar wasnt really my question...

It was the 30 dollar charge for the "Book Signing and Autograph sesseion" that I was wondering about...

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Yeah, well, that was my question... I think its cool that you can only attend the segments of the seminar that you want, and the price for the seminar wasnt really my question...

It was the 30 dollar charge for the "Book Signing and Autograph sesseion" that I was wondering about...
No, it's not normal. Save your money, and go to Japan...

Latest Discussions