Is this Kyokushin school a mcdojo?

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was checking the net and stumbled on this site. I have seen it before couple of years ago or maybe something similar. Very good site for info. I wanted to mention that the Kyokushin in Dallas is not a MCDOJO. I know because I teach the classes. I would like to invite all to come and try the classes out. especially our Saturday class. I would like to possibly do a question and answer session (interview) about me and Dallas Kyokushin Karate. Thank you all.
Welcome aboard. Please stick around and get involved in our usual tirades :) Kyokushin and offshoots don’t have a big enough presence here, and someone of your experience and knowledge will be much appreciated.

How’s the move and new (I’m assuming) dojo going? Starting a new dojo of any kind seems to be difficult. I’ve never opened one myself, but judging by all the ones I’ve seen come and go, it seems quite tough. I can only imagine opening a Kyokushin dojo would be that much harder, as the training doesn’t lend itself to people who just want to say the “do karate” if you know what I mean.

Best of luck to you!

Yokozuna514

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I was checking the net and stumbled on this site. I have seen it before couple of years ago or maybe something similar. Very good site for info. I wanted to mention that the Kyokushin in Dallas is not a MCDOJO. I know because I teach the classes. I would like to invite all to come and try the classes out. especially our Saturday class. I would like to possibly do a question and answer session (interview) about me and Dallas Kyokushin Karate. Thank you all.
Osu ! Good to see another Kyokushin practitioner here. Welcome !

Reactions: DKK

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to possibly do a question and answer session (interview) about me and Dallas Kyokushin Karate. Thank you all.
Feel free to start your own thread, and do a question/answer on your style of kyokushin. Just be aware, you generally cant advertise on here (if you want to advertise, check out the TOS on info on how to do so, or just message a mod/admin for info), so try to keep your question/answer session away from any actual advertisement for your dojo.

DKK

White Belt
Reaction score
Is Kyokushin for life still around?

Yokozuna514

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Osu, unfortunately the website forum was never revived since it last went down. The FB group is still around but there isn't as much interaction as there used to be on K4L.

There are other FB pages that people use to keep up with Kyokushin news. Most have to do with KD karate.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The site is gone without a trace. I’m pretty sure it was me, a guy named Sasha and one or two other guys at most posting for a few months. I went to logon one day, and it was gone. It’s a shame they didn’t at least keep it archived somewhere, as there were some great discussions about everything Kyokushin and offshoots.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yep I miss the K4L forum... I was active on there for years and there were many a great discussion. Yeah would have been great if it was archived somewhere, some really top notch ideas and insights!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Archive has some screenshots of the site. I clicked on 3 from 2007 and they just seem to be the front page, but someone may have screenshotted and added in a few good discussions in there.
Wayback Machine

Yokozuna514

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The site is gone without a trace. I’m pretty sure it was me, a guy named Sasha and one or two other guys at most posting for a few months. I went to logon one day, and it was gone. It’s a shame they didn’t at least keep it archived somewhere, as there were some great discussions about everything Kyokushin and offshoots.
I actually still keep in touch with Sasha. He's a Shodan now. Good guy and good karateka.

What were your screen names on K4L. I was and still am Yokozuna.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Archive has some screenshots of the site. I clicked on 3 from 2007 and they just seem to be the front page, but someone may have screenshotted and added in a few good discussions in there.
Wayback Machine

I actually still keep in touch with Sasha. He's a Shodan now. Good guy and good karateka.

What were your screen names on K4L. I was and still am Yokozuna.

Oh that's unreal.. had no idea such a site existed! I can even click and get access to like the first page of some of the threads, very cool! Ah yep I remember FredInChina. Spirit, Dent... wow this takes me back :). Thanks @kempodisciple.

My screen name was _Simon_. I actually just went and did a search in my old emails, seems I joined up K4L in 2007, but was maybe most active during 2011/2012 (or got more email newsletters and notifications then). Oh really you still keep in touch, awesome. Yeah Sasha was cool, very insightful posts he made :).

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Heeeey there ya are @Yokozuna514 XD

Chopping wood, carrying water. - Kyokushin4life

bf989971792745fd8b08abea10e6cd59.jpg

Latest Discussions