Is there such a thing as dirty fighting?

D

Deleted member 34973

so your asking me to believe that 4 scrawny untrained kids hospitaled three state state champion standard wrestlers, ? in which case it's clear that training ma at all is a waste of time. think you've just made that up
That is exactly what happened, they were sport fighters and the 4 scrawny kids, were simple streetfighters that fought dirty.

Hell even the cop laughed and told those wrestlers, to stay of the streets and keep that **** in the ring. His words not mine.

They problem with sport combat, it is not based in reality. So they do not train for realistic scenarios...like a toe kick to the face by two scrawny kids.

It doesn't matter how big you are, it doesn't matter how much of a sport champion you are, your MA training doesn't amount to squat, if you have zero real life experience.
That is the reality and is why the cop told him to keep it in the ring.

Last edited by a moderator:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That is exactly what happened, they were sport fighters and the 4 scrawny kids, were simple streetfighters that fought dirty.

Hell even the cop laughed and told those wrestlers, to stay of the streets and keep that **** in the ring. His words not mine.
sports fighters, what does 5hat mean, you said 5hey were state champion standard wrestlers, how did you know they were that ..? youd have to know who they were and exactly what fights they had had .
and they were" scrawny kids, now your calling them street fighter

no mate your just making things up, to support your bogus point

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 34973

sports fighters, what does 5hat mean, you said 5hey were state champion standard wrestlers, how did you know they were that ..? youd have to know who they were and exactly what fights they had had .

Meh...that is usually the go to statement.

You know meatheads, they like to brag about who and what they are, I guess they figure it means something.

But, you can believe it or not, that is up to you. I don't really buy into the idea that you have any experience concerning this subject anyways.

Sport Fighter, someone who trains and fights for competition exclusively.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Meh...that is usually the go to statement.

You know meatheads, they like to brag about who and what they are, I guess they figure it means something.

But, you can believe it or not, that is up to you. I don't really buy into the idea that you have any experience concerning this subject anyways.

Sport Fighter, someone who trains and fights for competition exclusively.
right il choose not to believe you, it's getting more contrived by the minete, now they chose to stop and brag to you before the fight

even if theres the smallest grain of truth in it, it doesn't carry over to any other situation.

I know a good bit about the mechanics of fighting and defending myself, whilst I have some considerable doubts that you've ever had an adult fight or it would be obvious that a lot of what your saying is nonsence

D

Deleted member 34973

right il choose not to believe you, it's getting more contrived by the minete, now they chose to stop and brag to you before the fight

even if theres the smallest grain of truth in it, it doesn't carry over to any other situation.

I know a good bit about the mechanics of fighting and defending myself, whilst I have some considerable doubts that you've ever had an adult fight or it would be obvious that a lot of what your saying is nonsence
Ok

No bickering allowed. Time to move on.

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
@jobo

Lol, I think the the old saying about the pot calling the kettle black applies here.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sport fighter vs street fighter

Note I'm not stating any opinions either way just sharing this video here. Honestly I think it's sad someone like Penn acting like this

D

Deleted member 39746

Note I'm not stating any opinions either way just sharing this video here. Honestly I think it's sad someone like Penn acting like this

To be fair, if you routinely do sort of back yard unofficial fighting, you can get pretty good at fighting. Experience trumps all really.

Something i have semi noticed, how often is the high guard with the elbows used? that can break hands.

They problem with sport combat, it is not based in reality. So they do not train for realistic scenarios...like a toe kick to the face by two scrawny kids.

the thing that springs to mind there is, if someone is doing violence in a criminal manner they don't generally fight someone. It will be a ambush in some secluded location probably with weapons. Obviously many different aspects of crime the usual motifs are different, i was citing the people more paid to hurt people as examples.

You cant really do much if a hammer has been whacked over the back of your head two times before you can react to it.

The adage "strike first strike last" applies to this as well. :p

D

Deleted member 34973

To be fair, if you routinely do sort of back yard unofficial fighting, you can get pretty good at fighting. Experience trumps all really.

Something i have semi noticed, how often is the high guard with the elbows used? that can break hands.

the thing that springs to mind there is, if someone is doing violence in a criminal manner they don't generally fight someone. It will be a ambush in some secluded location probably with weapons. Obviously many different aspects of crime the usual motifs are different, i was citing the people more paid to hurt people as examples.

You cant really do much if a hammer has been whacked over the back of your head two times before you can react to it.

The adage "strike first strike last" applies to this as well. :p
I am starting to realize, that the amount of willingness to accept pain and danger, is a major factor in people's opinion, concerning what is real martial artist and what is not, a real martial artist.

I think that this is the reality behind a lot of comments concerning how they see the importance of sport fighting, being based in an illusion of reality.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am starting to realize, that the amount of willingness to accept pain and danger, is a major factor in people's opinion, concerning what is real martial artist and what is not, a real martial artist.

I think that this is the reality behind a lot of comments concerning how they see the importance of sport fighting, being based in an illusion of reality.
That's mostly true, but the use of real as a modifier, is just you inflicting your definition on others. They are all martial artists because they study a martial art and that's all it requires.

The usefulness of what they learn to outside conflict is extremely variable not just on which art and how its trained but to their personal attributes or lack of them and of course exactly who they are up against,

Theres a young lady at my group, who is literal and figuratively a "doll "if she is ever attacked by another 80lb girl she will whoop them against most other people she will have little chance

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 34973

That's mostly true, but the use of real as a modifier, is just you inflicting your definition on others. They are all martial artists because they study a martial art and that's all it requires.

The usefulness of what they learn to outside conflict is extremely variable not just on which art and how its trained but to their personal attributes or lack of them and of course exactly who they are up against,

Theres a young lady at my group, who is literal and figuratively a "doll "if she is ever attacked by another 80lb girl she will whoop them against most other people she will have little chance
I still disagree with your assessment. If you haven't successfully used in in a real life scenario...

You are just practicing, but your practice, is at best limited reality.

I believe it is those that have not, are the ones pushing a definition, that suits their pocket book.

But it is obvious that you and I will continue to disagree. Which means this will go absolutely nowhere.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I still disagree with your assessment. If you haven't successfully used in in a real life scenario...

You are just practicing, but your practice, is at best limited reality.

I believe it is those that have not, are the ones pushing a definition, that suits their pocket book.

But it is obvious that you and I will continue to disagree. Which means this will go absolutely nowhere.
Successful use is totally dependent on someone attacking you, if you live in a safe place and dont go round looking for trouble, use desculation skills, that is only a remote possibility. So you have to immediately disqualified a great number of highly skilled fighters from your class of real ma.

Then success is total dependent on the attributes of your attacker, so if you out manoeuvre a staggering drunks attempt to punch you, then that makes you real ? Despite the case that you may have no developed skills at all that would work against a more able attackr

Your whole basis for this line of argument hasn't been thought though. At all. Your just suggesting a criteria that makes you real and others who may have greater abilities not real

D

Deleted member 34973

Successful use is totally dependent on someone attacking you, if you live in a safe place and dont go round looking for trouble, use desculation skills, that is only a remote possibility. So you have to immediately disqualified a great number of highly skilled fighters from your class of real ma.

Then success is total dependent on the attributes of your attacker, so if you out manoeuvre a staggering drunks attempt to punch you, then that makes you real ? Despite the case that you may have no developed skills at all that would work against a more able attackr

Your whole basis for this line of argument hasn't been thought though. At all. Your just suggesting a criteria that makes you real and others who may have greater abilities not real
Well that would be to the fact, that they haven't tested their skill in reality. The rest of your comment is what I seen with the fighters in the 80's...if you don't point spar in tournaments, you cannot claim to be able to use your skills.

It's is the same b.s. rehashed by today's sport fighters.

You can't claim to have experience in something you have never done.

That is just ego.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well that would be to the fact, that they haven't tested their skill in reality. The rest of your comment is what I seen with the fighters in the 80's...if you don't point spar in tournaments, you cannot claim to be able to use your skills.

It's is the same b.s. rehashed by today's sport fighters.

You can't claim to have experience in something you have never done.

That is just ego.

That's not dealing with any of the points I've just made, that changing the subject

D

Deleted member 34973

That's not dealing with any of the points I've just made, that changing the subject
Because your points are mute. You are trying to argue that you can do something, without any experience. And, you can't call yourself something that hasn't been actually earned.

Well you can, it just doesn't mean anything to those that have.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Because your points are mute. You are trying to argue that you can do something, without any experience. And, you can't call yourself something that hasn't been actually earned.

Well you can, it just doesn't mean anything to those that have.
My points are not mute ! Do you mean moot ?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the muscle bounds are usually the aggressive ones. Meatheads have a tendency to be bullies, I agree.

Stamina, is probably more important when it comes to combat, especially if you intend to run from it.

I remember watching three state wrestlers, attack four scrawny kids. It was a cruising area downtown.

The scrawny kids were minding their own, walking down the street. When 3 high school state wrestlers decided to stop and beat them up. Apparently one had just won the state wrestling title and figured he was now a bad ***.

In the end, all three lost, one was in the hospital for three months, because one muscle bound meathead, decided he could toss two around like rag dolls.

Of course he wasn't expecting to be continuously toe kicked in the face with scrawny cowboy boots.

It was hilarious and the 3 deserved that whoopin. Dirty fighting, help those boys tremendously. And, since they were attacked by crazy sporters. The cops let them walk away. Of course he called paramedics and arrested the state champion and his buddies.

3 meatheads down and 4 scrawny's walked away.
This story doesn't add up.

First-you knew that all 3 were wrestlers, and that the one just won the state wrestling title? I can see this part on it's own, if you happened to be nearby while they were talking about it earlier. But if you were, you just chose to watch them get their *** whooped to the point they were hospitalized?

Second-you know how long the guy was in the hospital for? You decided to follow up with him?

Third-they just let them walk away? I'd imagine the response would be to arrest them, or at least detain them, to figure out what happened. Arrest everyone involved, then sort it out.

The big thing for me is you claim to know how long the guy was in the hospital for, which I don't get how you would unless he was a buddy and/or family friend of yours. And if you knew the guy, why were you just watching them as they planned to beat up some scrawny dudes? Then watching them as they got beat up?

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
This story doesn't add up.

First-you knew that all 3 were wrestlers, and that the one just won the state wrestling title? I can see this part on it's own, if you happened to be nearby while they were talking about it earlier. But if you were, you just chose to watch them get their *** whooped to the point they were hospitalized?

Second-you know how long the guy was in the hospital for? You decided to follow up with him?

Third-they just let them walk away? I'd imagine the response would be to arrest them, or at least detain them, to figure out what happened. Arrest everyone involved, then sort it out.

The big thing for me is you claim to know how long the guy was in the hospital for, which I don't get how you would unless he was a buddy and/or family friend of yours. And if you knew the guy, why were you just watching them as they planned to beat up some scrawny dudes? Then watching them as they got beat up?
Lol that moment when someone's bs story gets exposed as bs

Latest Discussions