Is Cross training detremental to your Life?

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Whats the term for sitting like a child at an assembly in school you use...i am old school we called it sitting indian style..Now an days toddlers call it crisscross applesauce. But I don't think its approapaite for grown men?

what do you think.,...

Whats a better term?

Only when I'm eating a very hot curry , well you did say indian style . :uhyeah:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Whats the term for sitting like a child at an assembly in school you use...i am old school we called it sitting indian style..Now an days toddlers call it crisscross applesauce. But I don't think its approapaite for grown men?

what do you think.,...

Whats a better term?
We've always called it cross-legged, even as toddlers.

dungeonworks

Black Belt
Reaction score
All my teachers in elementary called it Indian style (how Indians sat in most movies and such) and I always called it that until adulthood upon learning that some people could be offended by such things. I call it cross-legged now. Same thing with the word "Jap", which tons of people use but most don't realize is offensive. I am not too lazy to say an entire or correct word, especially if it pisses someone off.

Just curious, what would the purpose of cross-legged chi-sau be? Seems like it would be near impossible to maintain forward pressure, get other person off center, and then their is the structure issue.

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh...well I worked with Native Americans. Alot of times I find them using the word Indian...I guess it just depends.

lol...

Okay. Well sitting Indian style on the floor. Is not so much trying to get the other persons balance. But its more of centering on body structure from the waist up. With out the use of your legs or stance. Learning how to rotate the hips and waist to generate power and learning to keep compusure even if your not on your feet. It could come in handy if your ever on the ground. I also like to do Chi sau on the knees,one leg,on a table,balance beam and other interesting places.

Change it up a little make things different. Preparation is everything.

All my teachers in elementary called it Indian style (how Indians sat in most movies and such) and I always called it that until adulthood upon learning that some people could be offended by such things. I call it cross-legged now. Same thing with the word "Jap", which tons of people use but most don't realize is offensive. I am not too lazy to say an entire or correct word, especially if it pisses someone off.

Just curious, what would the purpose of cross-legged chi-sau be? Seems like it would be near impossible to maintain forward pressure, get other person off center, and then their is the structure issue.

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Gives me ideas for anti-grappling drilling and training. :)

Will tell Sifu.

Latest Discussions