Introducing the puke-saber...

SKB

Green Belt
Reaction score
This would be great for LEO's if it could work fast enough!!!!

And would be funny as hell to use on your buddies when they tick you off or you are bored!!!!!!!!!

Ella

<B>Banned User - Multiple Accounts / Previously Ba
Reaction score
hmm....

I'm not sure what I think about this. I could see people using it for a lot of wrong reasons.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hmm....

I'm not sure what I think about this. I could see people using it for a lot of wrong reasons.
I suppose that would classify it as a weapon then, wouldn't it? :shrug:

I'll have to think about this a bit ... admittedly it puts a new spew - er, I mean, *spin* - :D - on LTL technology.

Ella

Reaction score
Yes, but unlike most traditional weapons, a gun, knife, or stick, some people who use it for the wrong reasons might not see it as un unprovoked attack. They might view it instead as ......a gag.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow, life imitates a Phillip K. Dick story once again. I wonder if pre-crime will be our next development - oops, already there! ;)

OP
CoryKS

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Plus it would be difficult, if not impossible, to prove that somebody used it on you. I wonder if the LEO's would be reluctant to use it if they knew they had to put the person in their car afterward?

Ella

Reaction score
It seems like if all the LEO's were using it, people would just start to close their eyes.

OP
CoryKS

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
It seems like if all the LEO's were using it, people would just start to close their eyes.

That's fine, too. It's kinda hard to evade the police with your eyes closed.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So, thinking about countermeasures, if it's a spectrum issue (the article quotes the term 'evil color') then it would be somewhat simple to engineer tinted lenses to eliminate that color spectrum, would it not?

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
They could turn around and run, of course then the taser comes out.

Personally Id love to have one to play jokes on people.

B

Ella

Reaction score
Personally Id love to have one to play jokes on people.

That's what I was talking about, shesulsa.

No one would use a gun on someone and claim it was a joke.

Ella

Reaction score
A gun gun.

The kind most people mean when they say gun without an adjective before it.

*EDIT*
I'm a green belt!

Ella

Reaction score
but if you randomly went at someone with a tazer or paintball gun, you could probably get in trouble for assault.

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
you are probably correct, but I would pick a random person it would be a friend (im a guy and we do stupid crap like that so I wouldnt bother asking cause Ill never be able to explain why I would do something lilke that to a friend)

B

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's what I was talking about, shesulsa.

No one would use a gun on someone and claim it was a joke.
Firstly, let me say my comment was a wry one.

Secondly, I think there have been many well-publicized firearm accidents where people and young kids were "playing around" with them or "making a joke" ... adding to the wryness of my comment.

And, finally, if this is to be used as an LTL technology weapon, then the abuse of it *should* be considered on the same level as abuse of tasers.

Let's consider this:

We know that in certain individuals certain color and sound stimuli can bring about seizure as can, of course, electrical. Therefore, this LTL tool has the potential of having health risk associated with it just as the others do.

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
Personally, I love the range of nonlethal weapons that have been coming out recently. Really broadens the scope of options for law enforcement and private citizens alike.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just to spoil the enthusiasm... this weapon sounds like it has plenty of potential for collateral damage - - - and that means law suits.

Imagine a security guard using one on an unruly customer in a family restaurant... and the place turning from eatery to Vomitorium as every patron tosses their cookies. Or worse, the beam produces nausea and disorientation in a raving street person... and the same tragic effects in a passing bus driver or guys on a scaffold.

I wonder what the thing would do to somebody with a very weak heart.... or a suppressed immune system....or a frail 80 year old.... or somebody with a seizure disorder.

I do not see this device ever coming into public use, and I doubt even widespread LEO use. Maybe prison guards could use it.

Latest Discussions