Introduce Yourselves

Aqua4ever

Blue Belt
Reaction score
KenpoTess said:
What's your name mean - My name is from a program i work at...we all have one, makes it more fun ;) Its Aqua Because of my love of water and water sports

Where are you from- Ontario

What discipline are you training in- Tae Kwon Do

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- Springboard diving, swimming, reading, guitar, flute

Add whatever else you would like ~! umm..i don't know!

Age, rank Serial number *G*
16 years old..yellow striped..who knows ;)

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
KenpoTess said:
Tell us abit about yourselves here.

What's your name mean -

Just a nick name really from my given name, Raewyn, go figure!!! Im not really shrivelled up and pruney looking!!!!! I dont think I am!!
Where are you from-

Rotorua, New Zealand. Land of the Long White Cloud. I come from a town with boiling mud pools and hot geysers with steam coming out of the ground!!!!

What discipline are you training in-
MMA and have just started Juijitsu

What you like to do other than Martial Arts-
Socilsing with work mates and other peoples

Add whatever else you would like ~!
Started MA 1.5 years ago when half my family died in a house fire. Sort of prompted me to get my **** together and do something worth while!!! I have met heaps of excellent people through my MA training. Sarah is one of those good people as well as Derek, Homy and Adam

Age, rank Serial number *G*
33, yellow tip in MMA and white belt in JJ

T

te75uo

What's your name mean -
It is a name I have used online for sometime now. It comes from a Japanese movie I like called; Tetsuo the Iron Man. When sighning up for things I have found the name tetsuo to be used alot so I replaced the "ts" with a 75.

Where are you from-
I was born in Baltimore, Maryland. 2 weeks after being born my family and I moved to Huntington Beach, California. We lived there for 8 years or so, and then moved back here to West Virginia. I stayed here until I graduated from high school. After high school I moved to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and attended the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. After School I moved back to West Virginia. I lived here for another year then moved to Hollywood, California to try to get a Special FX job. The job didn't work out, I missed the privacy of West Virginia, and after 3 years of Los Angeles I moved back home. Here is where I will stay. I am happy here.

I train in Shaolin-Do.

Computer stuff, Shooting just cans, not animals, Swimming, Guitar, Draw, Sculpt, Make things, Construction, Swimming, Read about Taoism, and Buddhism, Watch movies, Camping, Exercising, Computer games, Photoshop, and probibly alot more than I can think of right now.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know I've been around here for a year, but here you go:

What does my name mean: My real name is oddly enough, all "based" out of Ireland- don't know if parents did that on purpose (not that I'm complaining), but I have to look up their meanings again to see what they mean. Username- somewhere along the way I got tired of thinking up something original and funny, so I said, "I'm in TKD, and I'm a female", so there you go.

Where I'm from: Well, let's just say I was born in West Virginia, near Ohio. I've moved 5 times, lived in 3 states. Now I currently reside in W.V., about 2 hours(give or take) outside of D.C.

What discipline I train in- Tae Kwon Do

Other stuff I do, other than M.A.- read, swim, play piano when I have the chance, watch t.v. if there's something good on, hang out with friends, go to church, go to concerts, etc. I'm pretty busy!

Other stuff- Getting ready for 10 year H.S. reunion. Yuck!!!!!!! I'm starting to feel OLD (no offense to anyone older and felt that way before I said that- sorry).

Serial #: Not in the military, nor a machine

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
My nickame refers to the Loki, the mythological Norse Trickster God. I just like the sound of it, though it's a name I don't go by online anymore.

My real name is Jonathan, originates in the bible and literally means "God gave". But that sort of begs the question ;-)

I'm from Israel.

Currently training in the Krav Maga (not the McDojo style), brown belt.

Other than martial arts? I don't understand the question.
I like video games, debate, reading and martial arts.

FUZZYJ692000, satans.barber, I speak Hebrew fluently and have never heard of any of these names in Hebrew before. Any texts in which they're written?

J

JannaB

hey everyone-

my name is janet+anna=janna, named after my grandmothers. it's also pretty close to "garden" or "heaven" in arabic, but that's a complete coincidence.

i'm from indiana but moved to LA last month to go to college (yay!!).

i did tae kwon do back home, but the program here at school isn't very good. i'm looking at ninjitsu, kung fu, and aikido as replacements. i'll probably decide this week after i've observed some more classes.

outside of MA i study a lot (yay for double majors- biology and journalism), read all the time, write for the student newspaper, play jazz/classical violin, volunteer with habitat for humanity, look for/love going to dance parties, and watch movies with kids in my dorm when i should be reading ahead for class. i'm also trying to keep my french and italian skills intact even though i don't have a language class this semester.

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
JannaB said:
outside of MA i study a lot (yay for double majors- biology and journalism), read all the time, write for the student newspaper, play jazz/classical violin, volunteer with habitat for humanity, look for/love going to dance parties, and watch movies with kids in my dorm when i should be reading ahead for class. i'm also trying to keep my french and italian skills intact even though i don't have a language class this semester.
*dripping with envy*

Pale Rider

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been around lately. I had moved and trying to get settled in to the new place... Seems I am back and running...

Thanks

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
NAME:(")din,norse king of the gods blood brother of loki (odin winks @loki)

I live in london england,nice place rubbish weather but nice enough people (and no we are not all really polite nor do we all sepnd our time drinking tea and starting wars!)
My martial art is muay thai,Iv just started I'v only been training for about 5 months,I used to be a little hoodlum when i was young (soon changed when i had to wear a suit and tie to work everyday!)so fighting has always come naturally,I hope to one day go to thai land and train and then take it from there (maybe go after raymond dekker's crown!)

Apart from muay thai my main interests are in hip hop and computer games an all that other jaz!!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Name: Terry Lee Stoke
Location Lives in Grand Prairie Texas
School in Arlington Texas
age 45
ART TKD 4th Dan and 5th Okinawa Karate also study Judo for awhile and Hapkido
Family Status Married for 17 wonderful years wife is a fultime school teacher and loving mother.
Children three all sons
animals 2 dogs, a cat, box turtle, rat. ball python snake.

We own and operate a TKD school along with friends. I enjoy all aspect of MA, I whole heartly believe no one style is better than any others, I believe you must fit your style not the style adjust to you.

Lat but not least I've been fortunite to train all ove rthe world with my father who has past away. If i could I would solely travel to meet alot of folks here on MT and learn from them what they have to give.

I know so corny but it true
Terry

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What's your name mean
Kacey was my nickname at Girl Scout Camp - the initials of my first and last name are K. C. If I hadn't picked something like that, my older sister would have stuck me with "rabbit" because I liked spinach... at least, that's what she said at the time!

Where are you from-
Denver, Colorado - but before I moved here, I lived in Illinois, North Carolina, Florida, Wisconsin, Massachussetts, Tennessee, and Texas - and all before I graduated from high school (and no, my father's not in the military - he's a librarian/English professor... it's a long story)

TaeKwon-Do - I started in February 1987, and something just clicked - I've been in it ever since, and all of it with the same sahbum.

Science fiction/fantasy, needlework (cross-stitch, crochet, I'd like to learn to knit), play with my dog Sable
DSCN2881.jpg
, work on my house (and BOY, does it need work!)

Karen

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What's your name mean

Kaur means "princess". It's my last name.

Where are you from
Salem, Massachusetts. It's a real place.

What discipline are you training in
EPAK. I'm completely addicted. I go through withdrawl symptoms when I can't train.

What you like to do other than Martial Arts
Swimming, playing music, playing with technology, discussing politics (or just about anything else worth discussing), cooking, wandering through the New England countryside, or sometimes just chasing witches around Salem Harbor.

Serial Number: Only my closest friends know the truth

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Drac= Short for Dracula..Cut a lot of commericals for Halloween using that voice. The don't always remember my real name , so they say the guy that does the Dracula stick..The nickname stuck..

From= A suburb outside of Cleveland Ohio

Discipline= Combat Hapkido..

Interests= Harley riding, Las Vegas, acting and directing amature theatre

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Gee...how did I miss this thread? ;)

What's your name mean - I chose "Swordlady" as my email nickname back in 1999, due my love of swords (though my "collection" back then consisted mainly of cheap $20 stainless steel SLOs bought from eBay). Some of my friends started calling me "Swordlady" in email and in person, so the nickname kinda stuck. I also started using my chosen moniker in quite a few Net forums I participate in, including this one.

Where are you from-
I was born in Philadelphia and raised in Bucks County about a half-hour northeast of Philly. I moved back to Philly during my undergrad days, and lived in the city since then.

I studied Tae Kwon Do during my teen years for about 2.5 years. I was only one rank away from 1st degree black belt, but like many teenagers, I got bored and quit (not only that, where I was training was a classic "McDojo", and I was getting more and more bothered by some of the head instructor's...um, practices).

I'm currently studying Yagyu Shinkage Ryu Hei Ho, one of the original koryu (fighting systems) from Japan. I actually started back in 1996, and trained with Manogue Sensei for about six months. He moved to New Jersey, and I lost contact with with him (not only that, I got distracted by life in general). Eight years later, I ran across one of his students on SFI, and resumed my training. I've been training again for a bit over a year.

I enjoy sword collecting (duh!), target shooting (something I haven't done for a while, due to lack of funds), playing videogames (mainly classic arcade games from the 80's), and harassing my two Siamese cats whenever I get a chance.

Add whatever else you would like ~!
- I recently finished my Masters in Social Work, and am currently working with teenagers (mostly black males) with truancy issues. I've been in the social work field for over seven years, and have a genuine passion for social justice. I'm also an amateur videographer (hence, my occasional training clips), and have worked at quite a few weddings. I've thought about going into freelance with my videography work, but it would cut into my training time, so I haven't been too active with it lately.

Age, rank Serial number *G*- I'm 33 years old (will be 34 on April 30th). I don't have a rank in the dojo, since there really isn't any "rank" before Shodan (which has to be approved by the Soke himself). And my Serial number is...classified. :D

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
Name: Well since I lack imagination, and I don’t actually have a nickname I went with Sarah....because....it’s my name.

Style: Kinda in between styles at the moment, was training in a TKD based MMA, but left due to a few reasons, one being that I didn’t like the direction the dojo was going. Currently looking for a new place to train, but here in Hamilton the options are limited. I have also dabbled in JJ for a few months, that was really cool, unfortunately the school was primarily competition based, and im really not all that competitive, so didn’t stick with it....learnt some cool stuff though.

What I Like to Do: hrm....spending to much time on the computer playing World of Warcraft lately. I do a lot of activities with my pooches, walking them is one of my most fav things to do...we have same famtastic parks and river walks here in Hamilton. I enjoy going to the gym and laying in the sauna :)....and of course I enjoy my friends!!

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Name - my name is ed, pretty simple really. The swckf part is the initials of the wing chun organisation/family that i am a part of.

From - i'm from england, its rainy!

Style - Wing chun although i am interested in so many styles.

Rank - don't really have ranks, i'm instructor level and am studying the weapons elements of the system.

What else do i do - well i love travel, i love different cultures, i particularly like experiencing different cultures through their quisine. I'm into tecnology and spend a lot of time being geeky with computers and i also like films, in fact i love films. I am a keen photographer and i'm great at making myself sound so exciting!!

Age - i'm 27, 28 soon!

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Name: Iceman SK. Iceman is the ring name my late kickboxing trainer gave me. (After Jean-Yves Therriault. I look more like him than fight like him) SK is the initials of the gym: Superkick Gym

Locale: Formerly Chicago. Now Los Angeles

Art: Tae Kwon Do is my main art. I have done hapkido, boxing, kickboxing & I help teach a Kang Chuan Do Karate class.

2nd Dan BB in Tae Kwon Do

What I do when I'm not training: Read a lot of biographies & theology & spend a lot of quality time w/ my wife.

TCBA_JOE

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean - God will increase

Where are you from- NH

What discipline are you training in- Kung Fu, TKD, Boxing, and recently Folkstyle wrestling

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- skiing, ive been doing in since i was 4 (15 years) and teaching it for 6 years. i'm one of those "hotdoggers" skiding rails, hitting jumps, and going waaay to fast.

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hong Kong Phooey was my favorite cartoon as a kid, hence the HKphooey.

Styles: Kenpo (EPAK, TK, Kenpo, any kenpo I can learn), Modern Arnis, Mixed Martial Arts, Tactical Training, Kickboxing and More.

Other: Love to snowboard, mountain bike, Hiking, Cruis'n in my Jeep, Home Improvement, Frisbee with my dog - Marley, web-design, drawing, hanging with close friends.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I enjoy training with sticks!
I also studying kenpo and weapons here in CT.
I also enjoy weight lifting,swimming, hiking, reading, and spending time with family and friends.