Introduce Yourselves

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm Caralee (Swedish pronunciation: KAR-a-lee, American pronunciation, either carol-lee or care-a-lee). Mom says that my name in Swedish means something like sweetheart. My parents met eachother in Stockholm, Sweden.

Professionally with my work, I am known as Caralee. Among my deaf friends, I am known as CC (because my first and last name starts with C). I am also known as "Double C" or "C-squared". After I got married, my married last name also started with C, so sometimes I'm called "C-cubed". One of my friends thought my nickname ought to be spiced up, so he called me "Ceicei".

When I joined Kenpo back in 1985, my favorite student instructor and tutor (then a green belt) called me "CC". All my martial arts friends then did also. I left martial arts for a few years (because of health problems and difficult pregnancies). When I started back to Kenpo, my current instructor called me Caralee. One day a visiting 2nd dan instructor came as part of the belt evaluation panel, he saw me and delightedly called out, "Ceicei!" I turned around and saw it was my dear original instructor/tutor. My current instructor heard him and from then on, he called me that too. All my martial arts certificates now (after the first two) show the name Ceicei.

I am deaf. I became deaf from unknown causes around 2 1/2 years old.

I grew up in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I moved to Provo, Utah to attend BYU. I moved to Houston, Texas for a few years. I then returned to Utah to finish my degree at BYU.

I study American Kenpo (Ed Parker's). My older two children also take Kenpo too.

I enjoy being with my family (Husband Clay, children Byron (10), Gary (8), Shauni (3) and Ashli (1). I love reading, playing with our two dogs Hershey (black lab) and Cinnamon (red siberian husky). When I have time, I enjoy playing Diablo II video game.

I'm now 37. I finally regained my purple belt for the third time (I had to start over after two long absences) and do not plan on stopping again.

- Ceicei

C

Cliarlaoch

What's your name mean - Cliar Laoch translates from Scots Gaelic into English as Warrior Poet. Since I write a lot of poetry, and do martial arts, I figured it was appropriate. My real name is Christopher Taylor. Christopher has two meanings: Christ-bearer, in the Christian sense, and in the Kabbalistic interpretation from a Judaic reading of the name, it has three parts: Chris meaning light or good, pher, meaning darkness or evil, and to, meaning door. So, the name means the door between good and evil. In other words, balance. It means I walk the line between both sometimes, but also that I am a good judge of what's right and what's wrong.

Where are you from- My life's been one big trip, basically. Born in Ottawa, Canada, moved to seven different cities by the time I was 6. Been to Paris in France, and to Big Dallas by age 11. Lived in Virginia since 2 years back, but I'm going to Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario, for one more year before I go to graduate school.

What discipline are you training in- Tae Kwon Do. Almost exactly ten years now. Kendo for a while.

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- Go to pubs to hang out (mmmm... Guinness), talk with friends, write poetry, stories, etc. (currently working on a novel and a book or two for political studies), fish, go camping, cooking and eating (mmm... Curry), listening to good music, all sorts of things.

Add whatever else you would like ~! What's more powerful, the voice in the wind, or the wind itself?
I also play lots of RPGs and the like, as well. Hmmm... interesting how MAs tend to include a lot of people like us, eh?

I want to get as many titles by my name as possible. So, The Very Reverend and Very Honorable, Grand Admiral Sir Dr. Christopher Leighton Taylor, Esquire. Or some such... just so that way whenever I say anything, people think it's the absolute truth. Just for S***s and giggles.

Age, rank Serial number - 20 years of age, Rank 2nd Dan, Serial Number-- We're sorry, the number you have dialed is no longer in service. Please try your call again.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I would like to add some more information about myself.

I am the youngest of four children, 2 sisters and 1 brother.

I love sports. I grew up playing volleyball, basketball, softball, flag football (and tackle football with the neighbor boys), skateboarding, rollerskating, soccer, and field hockey. I excelled in fencing and archery. I loved to drive go-carts (and broke my leg--spiral fracture on my first test drive). I was on the high school cross country and track teams. In college, I went snow skiing frequently. I also started learning martial arts in college.

I also was part of a travelling modern dance troupe for a few years. We used sign language and dancing to tell children's stories. My favorite was the performance of "Where the Wild Things Are". Half of the troupe were deaf and half were hearing. The youngest member was 11 (I was 14) and the oldest was 61. The hearing members helped us all to stay on track with our dancing with the music.

I enjoy reading. My favorite books are the Harry Potter series.

My favorite part of martial arts is sparring (especially with the guys). I love learning the techniques and seeing how much damage it could do when executed properly and at full contact.

I enjoy going to the shooting range and out to the desert with my husband and sons to shoot with our guns and rifles.

- Ceicei

qizmoduis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Abbax8
What's your name mean?
Abba means daddy in either latin or aramaic, I'm not sure which. My wife and I have 8 kids so x8.

Where do I live
Duncansville, PA. It's near Altoona, PA.

Art- Judo

Other interests- Cub Scouts/Boy Scouts, singing and doing community stage plays, woodworking.

Peace
Dennis

Altoona! I'm from there, more or less. My parents are from there and moved back home from Baltimore when I was 10. Now I live in Schwenksville outside of Philly. I officially moved out of Altoona in 84 when I went to Drexel.

Anyways, my name, Qizmoduis, is the main hidden protagonist of a D+D module/novella I dreamed up back in college. The novella never went anywhere because, well..I can't really write. My real name is Paul Koeck. I'm 36 and just got my green belt last night in EPAK as taught in Dennis Nackord's school in King of Prussia, PA. I've been doing it for almost a year and a half. I've been married for almost 11 years and have a sweet but stubborn little girl named Adrienne, who is almost 7 and just started first grade. She started training with me and just got her junior orange belt (she just moved up from the little dragon class).

I'm a software engineer, which means I stare at my computer all day, causing me to go home with a case of double vision, but no headache. I love to downhill ski, but I haven't been able to get out for years. I'm also somewhat addicted to computer games and reading sci-fi and fantasy novels. My computer game addiction forced me to learn how to build computer systems, which has turned out to be a really useful skill, if only to remedy the mistakes I make putting them together.

I dabble occasionally in woodworking, and have become competent (involuntarily) at home improvement and landscaping.

Uh...that's about it, I suppose.

A

Abbax8

I moved from Phoenixville to Altoona in 1984, we must have passed each other. King of Prussia I know well, spent many a day at the mall. I think Nackord had a studio there when I was in the area.

Peace
Dennis

K

kenpo2dabone

Originally posted by KenpoTess
Tell us abit about yourselves here.

What's your name mean -

My first name Michael means "of or like a god" or so I like to think I am. My last name Miller means that my ancestors worked in some type of mill or another. My username here is a reflection of the way I like to hit. I like to take kenpo to my attacker bones and break them. lol Actually I thought it just sounded cool.

Where are you from-

I was born and raised in San Jose, Ca. Though now I live in Livermore, Ca. but still work in San Jose.

What discipline are you training in--

I train in Kenpo and have dabbled in Muy Tai and Kick Boxing for a very short while. I was Originally with a Tracey- Parker Hybrid School called Karate Ways but since my instructors retirement I am now training under the the Universal Kenpo Federation headed by grand master Michael robert Pick and my instructor Marcus Buonfiglio. Tactical Knife and Gun Are part of our curriculum so I don't consider them to be seperate styles.

What you like to do other than Martial Arts--

Well, lets see... I build and fly radio control gliders and airplanes as well cars. I snowboard, wake board, Jet ski, and Mountain bike. In addition, I also ride both street and dirt motorcycles. I golf, camp, hike, and play with and train my dog Buster.

Add whatever else you would like ~! -

My favorite author is Ann Rice specifically The Vampire Chronicles and The Mayfair Witches.

I am a Systems Administrator for a medium sized credit union.

Age, rank Serial number *G*

I am 29 years old and a 2nd Degree Black Belt. Still looking for the serial number. I know it's here someplace!

Salute,
Mike Miller UKF

qizmoduis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Abbax8
I moved from Phoenixville to Altoona in 1984, we must have passed each other. King of Prussia I know well, spent many a day at the mall. I think Nackord had a studio there when I was in the area.

Peace
Dennis

Yes. It's been there for over 20 years, I believe. Even survived the super-remodel from a few years ago, and the one before that as well.

T

TheRustyOne

yes I'm noticing alot of MA's are also into the RPG.. wonder what the attraction is.. getting to beat things up mebbe *G*

We just can't get enough of beating things up in the dojo :D

M

Master of Blades

I'm MoB.....If you dont know me by now you never will.....:ticked:

*Im currently waiting for food so dont ask either :p*

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master of Blades
I'm MoB.....If you dont know me by now you never will.....:ticked:

*Im currently waiting for food so dont ask either :p*

oh the pervy hobbit fancier.. I thought I recognized you *G*

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by MACaver
sounds like you and Tess need to do a bit of multiplaying with that Diablo II :D

lord...haven't played that in a while...and the last time I played D2 with Tess...she went through the wrong portal when I was trying to rush her and she died and got kinda angry....dunno why...she was only level 8 and in Act II Hell...;)

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
yeah sheesh.. I didn't have a chance.. you babysat me.. letting me run out totally innocently into the maw of the horrific beasties.. what a friend...

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
hey! I killed them all! and got you to Hell Cows to boot...now I don't have any of those chars anymore...:wah:

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

What's your name mean -

Well, I study 7 Star Preying Mantis Kung Fu, so I chose the extremely creative handle of 7starmantis.
My real name is Adam. This is the Hebrew word for "man". It could be ultimately derived from Hebrew adam meaning "to be red", referring to the ruddy colour of human skin, or from Assyrian adamu meaning "to make". :shrug:

Where are you from-

I was born in Beaumont Texas, and have lived in many areas in Texas and surrounding states. I now make my home in Tyler, Texas, which is about 150 miles east of Dallas. About halfway between Dallas and Shreveport LA. I desperatly need to finish my degree here and be accepted to PT school to escape!

What discipline are you training in-

Like I said, I study 7* mantis. I have trained in Black Dragon Kung Fu, and JKD. But I like 7* better than the others, it fits me more completely.

What you like to do other than Martial Arts-
Um, Other than? No, I enjoy theatre, traveling, and just being with my friends. I'm an easy going sort of guy, so as long as I'm surrounded by friends it almost doesn't matter what I do. Most of my friends also train in MA but there are alot that do not, so its fun to see what we all come up with to do when all together. As far as hobbies, I LOVE extreme sports, snowboarding, motorcross, and when I get a chance surfing.

Well, I'm 26 years old, and I do mean OLD!! I swore I wouldn't have another birthday past 25. I am currently a Brown I Level at my school, which is 2 test below Black Sash. It will probably be another year or so before I test for Brown II and even longer for Black. Traditionally Kung Fu doesn't have a belt system so its all subjective in reality. I just enjoy learning, my level isn't at all important to me. I really enjoy training people and will completely love being a Physical Therapist once I get my masters and pass the boards. I guess thats about it, sorry for the autobiography.

7sm

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm Someguy. I use that name cuz I'm just some guy. My name is Stephen. Its like St. Stephen. It comes from greek and I think it is the thing that winners of races got on there heads or something like.

I live in GA and go to college in milledgeville.(This translates to podunk)

I study Wing Chun

Lessee here I like Video games. I like history. Cooking is fun.

I'm one of them there crazy people. You know those vegitarians err what ever you call'em.(Try it in the south its crazy) It also makes cooking harder. China's greatest contribution was in vegitarian foods.
I'm also a history major. Really I like alot of impractiacl stuff dont I.

I'm 18 almost 19.
As 7* said
Traditionally Kung Fu doesn't have a belt system so its all subjective in reality
So it doesnt matter to much what I am. I'm a BLue sash though.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

What's your name mean -

My Name Rich Parsons from this site:
Means "brave power", derived from the Germanic elements ric "power, rule" and hard "brave, hardy". The Normans introduced this name to Britain.

Parsons is English, the Parson is the person who maintains teh parsonage of a church.

Where are you from-

I am from Grand Blanc Mi, OK I hang out in south east Michigan. ;)

I train in Modern Arnis and Balintawak.

I like to ride motorcycles, read books, play RPG's, jet ski, travel, ..., .

Add whatever else you would like ~!

I would like to say that I am single :)

Age 37
Rank Lakan Tatlo Guro in Modern Arnis. Student in Balintawak. Engineer in my day job ;)

Serial Number: Ask the Government :D

2fisted

What's your name mean -

Heh. I just thought it sounded cool.

Where are you from-

NC in the triangle area.

Traditional Okinawan Goju-ryu Karate-do. My teacher trained in Okinawa and brought what he learned to the states. I really like the art alot, and out of everything I've tried to learn, I think Gojuryu just 'fits' the best. Ya know?

I started with Shotokan, and after a little while moved to Wing Chun for a few years, which I enjoyed alot, but when I started Goju-ryu, I haven't looked back since. I like the close range techniques and applications (I'm only 5'3) , plus the deep-rooted tradition.

Well first and formost I'm a jazz guitarist. That's always been my biggest passion. Unfortunately I don't get to train as hard as I'd like to because of this, but that's the way it goes I guess.

I'm also into Mopars, Cigars, and drink way too much coffee. I'm married to a wonderful woman, have a great cat and dog, and we have a daughter due June 1st!

Oh yeah I also work a day job, but who cares about that? :D

Add whatever else you would like ~!

I have enjoyed reading the posts on this board and am looking forward to learning alot from each of you. :)