International Budo University.

C

Chiduce

I know that suki is japanese. It at least got you to communicate like a normal person. By the way, i will not reply anymore an leave it at that.
Sincerely, In Humility;
Chiduce!

R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by Chiduce

I know that suki is japanese. It at least got you to communicate like a normal person. By the way, i will not reply anymore an leave it at that.
Sincerely, In Humility;
Chiduce!

:confused:

R

RyuShiKan

I know that suki is japanese.
Sincerely, In Humility;
Chiduce!

Just out of curiosity what is "suki"?

J

Jeff Cook

Boy, Robert, you sure are a dumb ignorant stupid idiot! And you dress funny! You pee sitting down! You can't whistle! Heck, you even throw a ball like a girl!

Everybody KNOWS that "suki" is a band! http://surf.to/suki

Geez!

;)

Jeff Cook
Wabujitsu

R

RyuShiKan

Jeff,

Gosh I guess you are right...........I should have known what SUKI was.

C

Chiduce

Originally posted by Jeff Cook

Boy, Robert, you sure are a dumb ignorant stupid idiot! And you dress funny! You pee sitting down! You can't whistle! Heck, you even throw a ball like a girl!

Everybody KNOWS that "suki" is a band! http://surf.to/suki

Geez!

;)

Jeff Cook
Wabujitsu
That is a pretty good one! The band looks cool. Ok for an attacker to have a suki in his/her attack; he/she would have to have a thought distraction of thinking. This misdirection in thinking and broken concentration can come from something as simple as a major eye rake, to somthing as complex as a single dragon's head strike to the temple combined with a transforming single inverted (palm-up) spear hand strike (with the opposite hand) into the eagle's talon choking throw set-up. A quick stomp to fracture the attacker's ankle is a good example also. Thus, suki is a mental break in an individual's momentary or elongated train of thougth of concentrated control in the application of a physical act.
Sincerely, In Humility;
Chiduce!

R

RyuShiKan

Chiduce,

Maybe it's because I am so "stupid" & "unedjubakated" but I find your posts a bit hard to follow at times..........especially this one since first you wrote this:

from Chiduce:
Oh yeah, in chinese what you are going through mentally is just some form of suki!

and after I questioned you, .......you wrote this:

from Chiduce: I know that suki is japanese.

The reason I asked is because "suki" can have several meanings.
For example:

suki= spade
suki= like
suki= elegant pursuits
suki= an opening, a chance

The "suki" you are referring to just means "chance" or "opportunity" it's not referring to a "mental break in an individual's momentary or elongated train of thought"..........

What you ARE referring to is known as "ranzatsu" or "konran"....................if you want more lessons in Japanese I am afraid I will have to ask for tuition. ;)

C

Chiduce

Originally posted by RyuShiKan

Chiduce,

Maybe it's because I am so "stupid" & "unedjubakated" but I find your posts a bit hard to follow at times..........especially this one since first you wrote this:

The reason I asked is because "suki" can have several meanings.
For example:

suki= spade
suki= like
suki= elegant pursuits
suki= an opening, a chance

The "suki" you are referring to just means "chance" or "opportunity" it's not referring to a "mental break in an individual's momentary or elongated train of thought"..........

What you ARE referring to is known as "ranzatsu" or "konran"....................if you want more lessons in Japanese I am afraid I will have to ask for tuition. ;)
In tournament i guess it would describe a change or opening in the oppentents guard to land a point or strike to win with. Yet i'am pretty sure that when a man is choking the life out of your body at point blank range, a vicious eye gouge tearing the eye muscles would create the opening or chance for escape. The eye rake produces the mental lapse in the attacker's concentration and creates the opening and chance for ending the confrontation with a finishing motion/strike/throw or any combination thereof.
This is why i do not want to communicate with you again. Goodbye dude!

R

RyuShiKan

.............. Thus, suki is a mental break in an individual's momentary or elongated train of thougth of concentrated control in the application of a physical act.

You are confusing the noun with the verb.

The noun is suki and the verb is ranzatsu.............two different things.

This is why i do not want to communicate with you again. Goodbye dude!

Yes, I can see your point....or maybe I should say I see your "suki" ;) ....it must be very frustrating for a "Soke" of your caliber to write something only to have me, a lowly, "dumb" (your word), yudansha, show you it's inaccurate.

Here is the definition for suki:

D‚« y‚·‚«z (adj-na,n) liking; fondness; love; (P) [Ex] [G]
“§‚« y‚·‚«z (n) (1) chance or opportunity; chink (in one's armor); (2) interval; gap [G]
Œ„ y‚·‚«z (n) (1) chance or opportunity; chink (in one's armor); (2) interval; gap; (P) [Ex] [G]
”Šñ y‚·‚«z (n) refined taste; elegant pursuits [G]
‹ó‚« y‚·‚«z (n) room; time to spare; emptiness; vacant [Ex] [G]
› y‚·‚«z (n) spade; plough [Ex] [G]

(you may need to change the encoding on your computer's tool bar to view the kanji, use the Japanese Auto-select for best viewing)

J

Jeff Cook

Chiduce,

What do you think about the ACMS college president, Dr. Jason Hunt, being ONLY 24 YEARS OLD? His birthdate is December 1978.

I am not gender or age-biased, but this certainly sets off a huge alarm for me....

Jeff Cook
Wabujitsu

R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by Jeff Cook

Chiduce,

What do you think about the ACMS college president, Dr. Jason Hunt, being ONLY 24 YEARS OLD? His birthdate is December 1978.

I am not gender or age-biased, but this certainly sets off a huge alarm for me....

Jeff Cook
Wabujitsu

Unless he graduated University when he was 10 I doubt he is the real deal. Most people graduate with a BA at 21, maybe get and MA at 23 or 24 and then spend several more years to get a PhD.
"Mr." Hunt is as bogus as they come.....I bet he is a "Grandmaster" and "Soke" as well.

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RyuShiKan

I guess my point is some of the absolute absurdity that some western martial artists try to pass along.

There is this website that I found that says Chojun Miyagi did Wushu and Goju! :rolleyes:

See link below:

http://www.chiduce.swsites.net/whats_new.html

I thought "no give the benefit of the doubt", but then I saw this, ""Master Ed. Hutchison; Shaolin Kung Fu; Founder, Dragon Kenpo". I would have to say, "RYUSHIKAN you are sooooo right"

--Dave

Oh and by the way, in Australia a suki is spelt sooky and means someone that cries, whines and whinges about every little thing that annoys them.

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score

...when a man is choking the life out of your body at point blank range...

Isn't it a little hard to choke the life out of someone from 100 meters out? You kind of have to be "at point blank range," don't you?

;)

Gambarimasu.

R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by D.Cobb

Oh and by the way, in Australia a suki is spelt sooky and means someone that cries, whines and whinges about every little thing that annoys them.

In Japanese it's pronounced tsuki and not much emphasis on the "U" sound so it sounds kind of like tski

"I'm a Soke:rofl: , He's a Soke:rofl: , She's a Soke:rofl: ....wouldn't you like to be a Soke:rofl: too?"
(sung to the tune of "I'm a Pepper" from the Dr. Pepper comercial)