Interesting Vid

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well at least I thought so. It is long, but worth watching if you have a lazy afternoon or on the night shift or whatever. I don't who the author is, but highlighting Emil Martirossian from 19:40 or so, think the author knows his stuff. Mind you though, there was not much expansion on the kind of emotional disconnect needed when you know you can truely hurt someone. Technique, form or whatever, doesn't teach what it feels like to have that "oh bugger" you alright mate when trying to communicate with someone out cold.

Anyway, worth a watch. Maybe not purely Wing Chun based as some of you may see it, but does give you an idea on what can be possible with the Wing Chun system, although not that different with application of certain technique if you will. Well I enjoyed it and would be very interested to hear your Wing Chun perspectives. If is long though as I said, but seems a very good perspective :)

anerlich

Brown Belt
Reaction score
saw this a while ago and didn't care for it.

he spends way too much time dissing other legitimate systems and sport fighting. You get to the top by being exemplary, not by tearing others down.

The guy that fights "multiple opponents" isn't. He's fighting single opponents in sequence, as in most Kung Fu movies. He does use the tactic of using one guy to get in another's way effectively - sometimes - but that's as far as the multiple opponents go.

You have to be ridiculously good to have much of a chance unarmed against multiple committed opponents with skill. And you need the skills of a Jedi to take on a skilled knife fighter unarmed. $$$ no sale, bud.

He included Sifu Jim Fung amongst a number of guys who allegedly could beat other guys while aged well into their eighties ... a bit of a stretch seeing as he died in his early sixties. RIP.

And rather repetitive as well.

There is some good wing chun on here, but I couldn't be bothered sitting through all the other-style-bashing again.

Last edited:
OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
saw this a while ago and didn't care for it.

he spends way too much time dissing other legitimate systems and sport fighting. You get to the top by being exemplary, not by tearing others down.

The guy that fights "multiple opponents" isn't. He's fighting single opponents in sequence, as in most Kung Fu movies. He does use the tactic of using one guy to get in another's way effectively - sometimes - but that's as far as the multiple opponents go.

You have to be ridiculously good to have much of a chance unarmed against multiple committed opponents with skill. And you need the skills of a Jedi to take on a skilled knife fighter unarmed. $$$ no sale, bud.

He included Sifu Jim Fung amongst a number of guys who allegedly could beat other guys while aged well into their eighties ... a bit of a stretch seeing as he died in his early sixties. RIP.

And rather repetitive as well.

There is some good wing chun on here, but I couldn't be bothered sitting through all the other-style-bashing again.

Interesting. Thanks for you're insight on that. I did feel that the multiple opponent was more demonstration. I did feel that one opponent would likely be grabbed and used as a shield of sorts. Would he be like a Jake Mace maybe?

Latest Discussions