Interesting Judo video clips

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
08-31-2004, 09:10 #1
Patrick Skerry
Banned - Membership Revoked

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I posted this before, but on second thought, these cool judo clips should belong on this judo thread:

http://www.judoclub.ca/judoclps.htm

It appears they have a nice judo organization up in the maritimes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack Stay
Account Closed at Members Request

I'm afraid the forced creation of a martial 'sport' from Judo is what we are witnessing since 1997. And you are correct in saying that the IJF, including the IOC, is not helping any. Anton Geesink (who taught me Harai Tsuri Komi Ashi in 1974) and has received his Judan from the IJF, is in my opinion the major drive into reducing Judo into a sport.

I do fully agree with the Kodokan in every respect that they should maintain the integrity of Kano's legacy and not allow a 'low' Judo from becoming the norm.

From 1970 to about 1975-6 I used to compete against a sandan named Jimmy Pedro Sr., now his son, godan Jimmy Pedro Jr., is in his third Olympic Judo event, and from the club they used to participate, I was told yesterday that the blue gi is optional in local shiais, but mandatory in 'blue gi designated' tournaments and National 'point' Championships. Yet the All Japan Judo Championships still do not bend to this blue gi intrusion into Kano's legacy. Neither will I.

Jack Stay vbmenu_register("postmenu_57997", true);

Does it matter what you wear on the street?
Do football players wear pink uniforms?
For me I was attracted to the martial arts and not to sports. Dr. Jirgoro Kano chose a Buddhist term 'dojo' (place of enlightenment) to describe his training hall; the Judo gi is pure white as a symbol of the purity of the sport and as a symbol of the integrity the participant will project into the practice of Judo.

The IJF and IOC are not on track with Kano's vision.

08-07-2004, 13:05 #1 Jack Stay vbmenu_register("postmenu_57989", true);

icon1.gif
Baby blue gi
What are your opinions of the use of the blue gi in Judo? Do you think it hurts the art?
sound familiar to anyone?

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
wow... you just don't give up do you...

How many more threads are you going to start pushing this subject?

I mean, what a way to kill a Judo forum, having every thread on the same worn out subject with no real support for it...

Wait... I got it... He is actually against Judo in every way and is trying to rid the internet of Judo-ka! That's it!

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
that's fromm budoseek.com...where a certain patrick skerry was booted...

OP
P

Patrick Skerry

Patrick Skerry said:
http://www.judoclub.ca/judoclps.htm

Contains a nice assortment of international matches. What is your opinion of 'sport' or so-called modern judo?

Do you see a difference between the Japanese judo and the European's judo?

Scroll down to the Technique of the Week, to view a nice Sumi-Otoshi.

Latest Discussions