Interesting Browser issue

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I discovered if I do a blog post that is a video post, with Safari on a Mac, that is does not show up in the Blog. It is there, I can link to it in a post, but if you go directly to the blog, it is not there.

However if I do another post on a PC using IE it will then appear.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is odd. It seems like the post, when created with Safari, isn't setting one field properly in the database. The record is created, but not the entry that makes it visible in the list. That happens only on video posts?

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
That is odd. It seems like the post, when created with Safari, isn't setting one field properly in the database. The record is created, but not the entry that makes it visible in the list. That happens only on video posts?

It has happened now on only two posts, the last Xingyi post and one I posted today and they were 1 video each. All others posted fine. But when I posted on a PC after the Xingyi post the Xingyi post appeares

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has happened now on only two posts, the last Xingyi post and one I posted today and they were 1 video each. All others posted fine. But when I posted on a PC after the Xingyi post the Xingyi post appeares
That's a bit different. It looks like there's an update flag that isn't being set, or the browser isn't loading the updated version (working from cache).

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Just tried a test post and the 2 posts I made last are not showing up at all, but I can link to them via a thread post. Is there any way to make them show up on MTs side, or is it possible for MT to delete them and I will repost via IE?

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Interesting discovery. For some reason when using Safari it does not post but it puts the entry under scheduled entries. I found it there and could not save it to the blog, but I could, and did delete it and then did it again in IE and now it is there

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting discovery. For some reason when using Safari it does not post but it puts the entry under scheduled entries. I found it there and could not save it to the blog, but I could, and did delete it and then did it again in IE and now it is there
That, again, sounds like some kind of update flag. Have you heard anything from MT staff? Maybe send a PM to an administrator.

Latest Discussions