Inspirational people who are NOT martial artists?

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think I'll read those books, especially the last one.

Every time I see the words Louisiana State Police it brings a smile to my face.
Trained a week of DT and baton under a Louisiana Trooper years ago, Aubrey Bulldog Futrell. A really cool southern lawman. Showed us how much the times have changed in L.E.

Back in the sixties, there was a man wanted for shooting several folks, including a cop. Aubrey's old Sargent happened to see him in a car and pulled him over. The man jumped out of the car with a big old knife, and got shot to death. Aubrey showed us a copy of the Sergeant's written report.

Suspect exited car with a knife. Suspect died instantly.

That was the whole report. God, I love that.

That's funny. No flowery verbosity there. Very succinct. :) :)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Inspirational people who are NOT martial artists?

Who are some of your favorite inspirational people who are NOT martial artists?

Bruce Lee was an inspiration to many. BJ Penn is an inspiration to many. But what about non martial artists?

I got quite a few in my list. Here are some of them...

* Tom Platz - Legendary bodybuilder from the golden era of bodybuilding. Not only was he a successful bodybuilder, he is also a brilliant man with a powerful mind. And a great motivational speaker.

* Zan Perrion - Modern day Casanova.

* Robert Greene - Author of The 48 Laws of Power, The 33 Strategies of War and more. All of his books are my greatest treasures.

* Napoleon Bonaparte - My childhood hero. A military genius and a damn good leader. Also a very courageous man.

* Doug Hepburn - One of the strongest DRUG FREE athletes the world has ever known. He was born with a club foot and a squint.

* Paul Anderson - The strongest human being to ever walk the face of the earth. I believe he was natural (no drugs). His training methods, together with Doug Hepburn's, redefined weightlifting and powerlifting training.

* Ivan Abadjiev - Bulgarian weightlifting coach responsible for many of his country's gold medal victories.

* And lastly... Jesus Christ. My Lord and my God. lol
Too many to name, really...

My whole family - all four grandparents WWII veterans, two of them Siege of Leningrad survivors. Dad a former military man, martial artist, and engineering genius. Mom - battling bone tumor her entire life, 40 years, and making it an amazing life nevertheless.

Writers: Ivan Yefremov, Mikhail Bulgakov, Alexander Grin, Alexander Kuprin - dreamers who managed to remain dreamers and believers in humanity despite having their books outlawed by Soviet leaders. More writers: Jack London, O'Henry, Maupassant, George Sand, Dickens, Francoise Sagan - all out to show life as is, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Charlie Chaplin. Anna Pavlova. Professor Sakharov. Alexander Hamilton. Elizabeth I.

Anyone and everyone I read about in the science and economics reports on a weekly bases - fighting for the health and welfare of humanity.

Ron "let's plant some ****" Finley. John Maxwell. David Sedaris. Lyn Manuel Miranda.

My husband. My friends. My fellow indie writers and artists. Random people I read about who do amazing things.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
The bottom kid in my avatar.

Went 13 minutes without oxygen when he was born......13 minutes.....still survived.....he is a true fighter........7-8 surgeries during his life.....30-35 hospital stays of a week or more during his life.....was given a life expectancy of 7-12 years.....still fighting at almost 18 years old.

Manager/Agent/Promoter/Trainer/Videographer/Big Brother to the top kid.
A true warrior.