Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
leonardo-dicaprio-cheers-meme-imgflip-on-conspiracy-theorist-meme.jpg

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
as a nation we are far to tolerant of abuse of power and far to compliant to that abuse.

we threw away many millions of lives to fight for our freedom, now we have given our freedom( and economic futures) away to save a few thousand, mostly old people, lives, who will die soon anyway, and will probably die despite these measures

there is no cost/benefit to this nonsense at all.

isolate the at risk population( which will be considerably cheaper than shutting the whole country down and a lot more effective)and leave the rest of us the hell alone, there is nothing at all stopping the hysterical and hypochondriacs from self isolating, if they want to and no logic at all in making the rest of us join them

The BBQ police have been out again upsetting families who have isolated themselves in ''remote'' locations near pleasant spots, coz ,,, well for no logical reason at all, but people arnt allowed to have fun any more, i swear that they will be handing out fines for smiling soon

at least if rioting does start they will be to busy, to enforce petty pointless rules and totally oblivious to the fact that their enforcement of petty rules contributed to the disorder

Rioting would be a pain in the butt for everyone. As it would take resources and opportunitys away from solving this coronavirus problem and put it in to riot control.

I mean If there is a food shortage and a riot closes down a supermarket or blocks an important road. Then that will create food shortages.

I am hoping once people get used to this they will adapt and everything will get a little smoother.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
as a nation we are far to tolerant of abuse of power and far to compliant to that abuse.

we threw away many millions of lives to fight for our freedom, now we have given our freedom( and economic futures) away to save a few thousand, mostly old people, lives, who will die soon anyway, and will probably die despite these measures

there is no cost/benefit to this nonsense at all.

isolate the at risk population( which will be considerably cheaper than shutting the whole country down and a lot more effective)and leave the rest of us the hell alone, there is nothing at all stopping the hysterical and hypochondriacs from self isolating, if they want to and no logic at all in making the rest of us join them

The BBQ police have been out again upsetting families who have isolated themselves in ''remote'' locations near pleasant spots, coz ,,, well for no logical reason at all, but people arnt allowed to have fun any more, i swear that they will be handing out fines for smiling soon

at least if rioting does start they will be to busy, to enforce petty pointless rules and totally oblivious to the fact that their enforcement of petty rules contributed to the disorder
There's actually no definitive black and white solution to this, and politicians and alike are absolutely scrambling in this unknown territory. And it truly is unknown territory.

See the thing is, you may say certain people aren't at risk, but many many people can carry the coronavirus without having any of the symptoms. It's this which is a massive issue as well. To pass it on, and unknowingly kill someone as a result.. well people are taking this risk because their focus is totally narcissistic.

There is no cut and paste solution, and to be honest there isn't really a total win in any of them. There are just so...... SO many variables involved that it just boggles the mind. I truly feel for the people who run our countries, and have no ill will toward them and their decisions.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Rioting would be a pain in the butt for everyone. As it would take resources and opportunitys away from solving this coronavirus problem and put it in to riot control.

I mean If there is a food shortage and a riot closes down a supermarket or blocks an important road. Then that will create food shortages.

I am hoping once people get used to this they will adapt and everything will get a little smoother.
Yeah, and that's really, truly the name of the game here, adaption. Willingness to adapt and have a flexible mindset. Any rigidity will be shaken up thoroughly...

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Amazing thing about search engines; a person can find ANYTHING they are looking for on them.
did you read the link
There's actually no definitive black and white solution to this, and politicians and alike are absolutely scrambling in this unknown territory. And it truly is unknown territory.

See the thing is, you may say certain people aren't at risk, but many many people can carry the coronavirus without having any of the symptoms. It's this which is a massive issue as well. To pass it on, and unknowingly kill someone as a result.. well people are taking this risk because their focus is totally narcissistic.

There is no cut and paste solution, and to be honest there isn't really a total win in any of them. There are just so...... SO many variables involved that it just boggles the mind. I truly feel for the people who run our countries, and have no ill will toward them and their decisions.
all that is based on a false premise,

our govenments are lieing to us or at least i suspect they are, what i do know is the UK govenment is badly miss leading it populas

last week they said that this would be over in a few weeks with the mimumum of deaths, as of today they have alter that projection to at LEAST 20,000 deaths and a lock down of a '' significant'' period of time, they are just drip feeding bad news to control the public reaction, i have no doubt at all that the projected deaths toll will rise to at least 10 times that number and '' significant'' will turn into '' very significant'' over the next few weeks

the reasons being, that the measures being take are no where near capable of stopping this, it will contiue to spread, maybe at a slower rate or maybe not. unless you can genuably self issolate, that is you have a bunker stocked with a years food, then there is an extremly high probility that you will catch this and that you spread it, when you go to the shop or what have you. slowing it down doesnt reduce the number of deaths it just spreads them out a bit

the real problem is the asymptomatic sufferes, these are the people serving you in the shop, doing your dental work or delivering your letters, those currently most at risk are those doing essencial work, what happens to the essencial work when they are to sick to do it ? there will be only the asymptomatic people left

Last edited:

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
did you read the link

our govenments are lieing to us or at least i suspect they are, what i do know is the UK govenment is badly miss leading it populas

last week they said that this would be over in a few weeks with the mimumum of deaths, as of today they have alter that projection to at LEAST 20,000 deaths and a lock down of a '' significant'' period of time, they are just drip feeding bad news to control the public reaction, i have no doubt at all that the projected deaths toll will rise to at least 10 times that number and '' significant'' will turn into '' very significant'' over the next few weeks

the reasons being, that the measures being take are no where near capable of stopping this, it will contiue to spread, maybe at a slower rate or maybe not. unless you can genuably self issolate, that is you have a bunker stocked with a years food, then there is an extremly high probility that you will catch this and that you spread it, when you go to the shop or what have you.

the real problem is the asymptomatic sufferes, these are the people serving you in the shop, doing your dental work or delivering your letters, those currently most at risk are those doing essencial work, what happens to the essencial work when they are to sick to do it ? there will be only the asymptomatic people left
I am truly worried about you Jobo. This will all work itself out.
May I suggest you search for some Good & Positive information to brighten your spirits?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am truly worried about you Jobo. This will all work itself out.
May I suggest you search for some Good & Positive information to brighten your spirits?
in all seriousness, whats your projection for '' working its self out '' your an engineer you can read data sheets and calculate probalities, tell me

as a said above the govenment public projection of deaths keeps rising and the lengh of the lock down keeps increasing, if we take them at their word, which would be foolish in the extreme, but if we did, then that confined too the house for ,,, well what does '' significant mean ? 6 months 12 months

the projected death toll from other countries is 1% that an awful lot of people out of a population of 70 million, if and its a big IF the measure reduce that to a tenth, which is exteremly optomisic, then thats still an awful lot of people

Im not i the slightest worried about getting it, not a bit, y chances of dieing are on par with mreasonable l0ttery win

so yes, it will work its self out, but when and at what costs

Last edited:

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
in all seriousness, whats your projection for '' working its self out ''

as a said above the govenment public projection of deaths keeps rising and the lengh of the lock down keeps increasing, if we take them at their word, which would be foolish in the extreme, but if we did, then that confined too the house for ,,, well what does '' significant mean ? 6 months 12 months

the projected death toll from other countries is 1% that an awful lot of people out of a population of 70 million, if and its a big IF the measure reduce that to a tenth, which is exteremly optomisic, then thats still an awful lot of people

Im not i the slightest worried about getting it, not a bit, y chances of dieing are on par with mreasonable l0ttery win

I fully believe this is a natural occurrence that we cannot do a whole lot about. We all know there have been several pandemics over the centuries. In reality, this one pales in comparison to most of them.
I just read an AP article that said the US had 80,000 flu related deaths in 2017. That is just from the flu, not all winter time related deaths. This is a point of emphasis to highlight how much the press is keeping the fires flamed and encouraging people to freak about this winter time illness season. Pure fear mongering.

2 weeks here. As of right now non-essential businesses such as restaurants can go back to work here. It will be so sad to see how many small businesses will not come back from this. You can say what you want but I fully believe there is a Big political element to this.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I fully believe this is a natural occurrence that we cannot do a whole lot about. We all know there have been several pandemics over the centuries. In reality, this one pales in comparison to most of them.
I just read an AP article that said the US had 80,000 flu related deaths in 2017. That is just from the flu, not all winter time related deaths. This is a point of emphasis to highlight how much the press is keeping the fires flamed and encouraging people to freak about this winter time illness season. Pure fear mongering.

2 weeks here. As of right now non-essential businesses such as restaurants can go back to work here. It will be so sad to see how many small businesses will not come back from this. You can say what you want but I fully believe there is a Big political element to this.
im not disagreeing, there is an eliment of polictions not wanting to be blamed

but then you needs to ask a question if your govenments actions which are complely at odds with most of the rest of the world are the correct ones, amercia is currently the hot spot of the virus

it does seem to have a death toll considerably higher than the flu, 1% of 300, million is a lot more than 80,000

india not kown for its public health policies have locked down the whole country, esentiaaly leaving people to starve in ptrefrance to the desease, so is the politics in question the fact that its an election year and the economy down the toilet being more of a pressing issue for campign contributors than the death toll ?, and with the death toll being largely inevatable anyway, that makes sound buiness sence

where as the polictics in this country, that would be largly election suicide

Last edited:

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
did you read the link

the reasons being, that the measures being take are no where near capable of stopping this, it will contiue to spread, maybe at a slower rate or maybe not. unless you can genuably self issolate, that is you have a bunker stocked with a years food, then there is an extremly high probility that you will catch this and that you spread it, when you go to the shop or what have you. slowing it down doesnt reduce the number of deaths it just spreads them out a bit

Don't know what I said was based on a false premise...

The government are probably just trying to make the most to help the situation rather than outright lying. Maybe they are, but maybe they aren't. The situation is changing so rapidly, I'm not surprised that what was said last week is now no longer valid at all. We cannot predict nor control it like we may have thought.

Slowing it down helps the medical system which is being completely and utterly beyond overtaxed. It also buys time to find a cure or vaccine of sorts. So it very well may save many, many, MANY lives.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What you assume is conspiracies etc is actually ineptitude, bureaucracy and incompetence.
Members of Parliament are not actually experts in running a country, they come from different backgrounds, some have had jobs others not, there is nothing that prepares even the most honest and sensible person for the business of government. However the MPs do have their party's agenda to put forward and they try to do this through the Civil Servants who work for them in their various departments, these are good at running the departments as such but the Ministers when appointed want to change everything. Each Minister that comes in changes things, even when the succeeding Minister is the same party. The Ministers if they are clever, most are not, will listen to their senior Civil Servants ( as junior military officers should listen to their SNCOs) and things run well, of course these nice shiny new Ministers don't listen and they meddle, they change and they are for the most part incompetent. Ministers also do not listen to other Ministers, being always keen to suck up the Prime Minister in the hope of getting a better job or the best job, replacing the Prime Minister. This is why you get mixed messages, different messages, and most often little or no action. The politicians aren't trying to con us, or try to 'enslave' the people they are far too engaged in looking after their careers to actually try to understand what they are supposed to be doing. As I said ineptitude and incompetence.

They really don't understand the game of consequences they play when they change something, how it changes everything else, if they stop one action, they need to replace it, but that has ramifications on something else so if you sort that there's problems with yet another issue, then another and another ad infinitum, it's a madness that just gets bigger and bigger. Oh and there's another thing, politicians cannot keep secrets, ever. It always comes out in the end.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Don't know what I said was based on a false premise...

The government are probably just trying to make the most to help the situation rather than outright lying. Maybe they are, but maybe they aren't. The situation is changing so rapidly, I'm not surprised that what was said last week is now no longer valid at all. We cannot predict nor control it like we may have thought.

Slowing it down helps the medical system which is being completely and utterly beyond overtaxed. It also buys time to find a cure or vaccine of sorts. So it very well may save many, many, MANY lives.
well its a false premise that you issolating yourself is going to make the slightest differance to the death toll. common sence says it should, but the data doesnt support it, its an equally false premise that medical intervention can save those who are otherwise likely to die, and an even more false premise that there is a vacine in the works that will save many lives, by the time a vacine appears, there will be only those with aquired imunity left to give it to

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What you assume is conspiracies etc is actually ineptitude, bureaucracy and incompetence.
Members of Parliament are not actually experts in running a country, they come from different backgrounds, some have had jobs others not, there is nothing that prepares even the most honest and sensible person for the business of government. However the MPs do have their party's agenda to put forward and they try to do this through the Civil Servants who work for them in their various departments, these are good at running the departments as such but the Ministers when appointed want to change everything. Each Minister that comes in changes things, even when the succeeding Minister is the same party. The Ministers if they are clever, most are not, will listen to their senior Civil Servants ( as junior military officers should listen to their SNCOs) and things run well, of course these nice shiny new Ministers don't listen and they meddle, they change and they are for the most part incompetent. Ministers also do not listen to other Ministers, being always keen to suck up the Prime Minister in the hope of getting a better job or the best job, replacing the Prime Minister. This is why you get mixed messages, different messages, and most often little or no action. The politicians aren't trying to con us, or try to 'enslave' the people they are far too engaged in looking after their careers to actually try to understand what they are supposed to be doing. As I said ineptitude and incompetence.

They really don't understand the game of consequences they play when they change something, how it changes everything else, if they stop one action, they need to replace it, but that has ramifications on something else so if you sort that there's problems with yet another issue, then another and another ad infinitum, it's a madness that just gets bigger and bigger. Oh and there's another thing, politicians cannot keep secrets, ever. It always comes out in the end.
its not a comspiracy its the well reseached and documented technuque of news/exspectation managment and its plain to see, if they give the bad news all in one go, people will freak out, so they are drip feeding it, like making the water a little hotter so you dont notice till it boils you

the alternative is that they are just making stuff up as they go a long and havent got a clue whats happening, and that is even more worrying than the '' conspiracy'' which at least means they have some sort of plan

and as the govenment is being efectly run by domic cummings, who is extremly clever and not at all imcompetent im going with the first

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its not a comspiracy its the well reseached and documented technuque of news/exspectation managment and its plain to see, if they give the bad news all in one go, people will freak out, so they are drip feeding it, like making the water a little hotter so you dont notice till it boils you

the alternative is that they are just making stuff up as they go a long and havent got a clue whats happening, and that is even more worrying than the '' conspiracy'' which at least means they have some sort of plan

and as the govenment is being efectly run by domic cummings, who is extremly clever and not at all imcompetent im going with the first

It's very clear you have never worked in a government ministry.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's very clear you have never worked in a government ministry.

z i spent the first half of working life working in local govenment an im am accutly aware of the technuques and short commings of govenment, so which MINESTRY have you worked in , being in the forces doesnt count as working IN a minestry any more than being a bin man means you work in local govenment, your not involved in govening only clearing up the mess

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
in all seriousness, whats your projection for '' working its self out '' your an engineer you can read data sheets and calculate probalities, tell me

This is from a site named Coronavirus Update (Live): 684,676 Cases and 32,180 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer so I do not know how accurate it is but it jives with the numbers I have seen on the network channels:
Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:

You can say Spain is the anomaly. Just under 78,797 cases with 546 deaths. With the exception of 4 countries nearly all other deaths are in the single digit.

Death is a part of all our lives. A person should not get caught up in the hype and just worry about the immediate world around them first. The best we can do is serve our fellow man and live life. I do not want to live a walking death before I die.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
z i spent the first half of working life working in local govenment an im am accutly aware of the technuques and short commings of govenment, so which MINESTRY have you worked in , being in the forces doesnt count as working IN a minestry any more than being a bin man means you work in local govenment, your not involved in govening only clearing up the mess

I don't think anyone has ever worked in a 'minestry' lol, when you're upset your spelling really goes to hell lol.

I'm not talking about local government, where all the councillors are amateurs anyway.

Ah Mr Meldrew, you are getting progressively grumpier and grumpier, it's the consequence of being so bloody minded I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions