In these strange times....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
where do you think the food is coming from ? it takes months to grow things and we dont have the capacity to grow enough for the people who live here.

what ever they have in warehouses is what ever there is

You don't think the ports are closed to freight do you? Countries more than ever still need to trade and food is still coming into this country as much as it ever did, many food processors have increased their production, with rare materials coming in the same as usual.

What you don't seem to appreciate and I suspect never will just how many people are working hard to keep things going while most people are sat on their backsides at home. There are a great many people who cannot isolate because they are needed, it's not just the medical people. My son who is the lab person in charge of quality control for a large food processing company is working along with his colleagues more hours than they should to make sure there is enough food, the artics are coming in on a fast turnaround to be able to come back...fully loaded.. as soon as possible, not just from the UK but Europe and Ireland as well. All the plants in that very large chain are doing the same and I'm positive the other manufacturers are the same. If you don't want to be kind and say it's altruism then you can say the shareholders see a profit in the extra sales, either way they will ensure there's food, it's in no-ones interest for there not to be.

Now I'm sure you are already typing a rebuttal to all this because it amuses you to spread fear and panic online, yes I'm positive this isn't the only place you are posting this rubbish. ( there used to be a word for that behaviour during the war..) but the truth is you are just bumping your gums because you want people to be unhappy, rioting and miserable, misery after all loves company.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You don't think the ports are closed to freight do you? Countries more than ever still need to trade and food is still coming into this country as much as it ever did, many food processors have increased their production, with rare materials coming in the same as usual.

What you don't seem to appreciate and I suspect never will just how many people are working hard to keep things going while most people are sat on their backsides at home. There are a great many people who cannot isolate because they are needed, it's not just the medical people. My son who is the lab person in charge of quality control for a large food processing company is working along with his colleagues more hours than they should to make sure there is enough food, the artics are coming in on a fast turnaround to be able to come back...fully loaded.. as soon as possible, not just from the UK but Europe and Ireland as well. All the plants in that very large chain are doing the same and I'm positive the other manufacturers are the same. If you don't want to be kind and say it's altruism then you can say the shareholders see a profit in the extra sales, either way they will ensure there's food, it's in no-ones interest for there not to be.

Now I'm sure you are already typing a rebuttal to all this because it amuses you to spread fear and panic online, yes I'm positive this isn't the only place you are posting this rubbish. ( there used to be a word for that behaviour during the war..) but the truth is you are just bumping your gums because you want people to be unhappy, rioting and miserable, misery after all loves company.
we will find out soon enough, the current calm will give rise to anger, it will most certainly start to turn nasty, when groups of youths are dispersed

there were lots of news items only two or three weeks ago, about food shortages, now the news only reports the official government line and the government are drip feeding bad news, there position has change dramatically in two weeks

which makes me suspect that the government have served D notices on the press. D notices allow the government to control exactly what and how the new is reported in situation of national importance, the most important part of a D notice is you cant report you have a D notice

so its impossible to tell, apart from the fact the press all agree with the government and each other, which is a most unusual turn of events

our great leader, the one who is telling us how his measures will protect you, has just been tested positive, if the measures didn't work for him, im not sure how you expect them to work for the rest of us

im sure im not the only talking about civil disorder, the police are currently 11 % down on their manpower due to the virus and that number is very likely to grow considerably and the PTB are considering recalling retired police, they tink they need them for something other than terrorising pensioners having BBQs

Last edited:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought you guys in Manchester were riot capital of the world. Your community is slacking.
we haven't had a notable riot for 9 years, but the last time they laid siege to the police station with the riot police inside, who locked the doors and left the rest of us to our fate

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we will find out soon enough, the current calm will give rise to anger, it will most certainly start to turn nasty, when groups of youths are dispersed

Victor Meldrew speaks so it must be true. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
At least I will have something to watch sitting at home then.
well police are using drones to monitor the peak district for the heinous crime of dog walking in a huge open place and then brag about it on twitter, its like they have no awareness at all of how foolish and draconian they appear

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well police are using drones to monitor the peak district for the heinous crime of dog walking in a huge open place and then brag about it on twitter, its like they have no awareness at all of how foolish and draconian they appear

and it's very clear you don't understand it's lambing season, farmers don't need people with the virus wandering around up on the moors etc while they are out lambing. Footpath fears over spread of coronavirus - Farmers Weekly

Victor, your hatred of the police is showing.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
and it's very clear you don't understand it's lambing season, farmers don't need people with the virus wandering around up on the moors etc while they are out lambing. Footpath fears over spread of coronavirus - Farmers Weekly

Victor, your hatred of the police is showing.

there was wide spread condemnation of them over reacting ( so not just me), even the NPCC( association of chief constables) went on record that going for walks in the country side isnt illegal, as it isnt illegal its most certainly over zealous policing,

civil disorder is the greatest threat to us, not the virus and things like his bring it closer.

ive not thrown bricks at the police since the long hot summer of 1981, so il have to leave to the young to enforce my civil liberties, thats the ones we have left, not the only we had two weeks ago

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there was wide spread condemnation of them over reacting ( so not just me), even the NPCC( association of chief constables) went on record that going for walks in the country side isnt illegal, as it isnt illegal its most certainly over zealous policing,

Well there's walking alone and there's this
'Unprecedented' crowds despite virus warnings
Hundreds descend on tourist hotspots despite coronavirus social distancing advice

It's always easy to be a keyboard warrior, and hindsight is wonderful, isn't it Victor. You don't have any decisions to make, no responsibilities, how easy it is to criticise when people are trying to do their best. No one is perfect, everyone makes mistakes but at least they are trying to help not just sitting there and whinging.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I’ve begun training my wife, son, and sister-in-law in White Crane. We are stuck at home, doing our best to stay occupied and get some exercise in. It’s been fun and well received so far.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well there's walking alone and there's this
'Unprecedented' crowds despite virus warnings
Hundreds descend on tourist hotspots despite coronavirus social distancing advice

It's always easy to be a keyboard warrior, and hindsight is wonderful, isn't it Victor. You don't have any decisions to make, no responsibilities, how easy it is to criticise when people are trying to do their best. No one is perfect, everyone makes mistakes but at least they are trying to help not just sitting there and whinging.
thats what people who have done a bad job always say '' i was doing my best''

now a waiter who gets your order wrong is one thing, people who have been entrusted with enforcing the law, when they havent taken even a min to find out what the laws says is another

we shouldnt tolerate that level of incompetence

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats what people who have done a bad job always say '' i was doing my best''

now a waiter who gets your order wrong is one thing, people who have been entrusted with enforcing the law, when they havent taken even a min to find out what the laws says is another

we shouldnt tolerate that level of incompetence

As if you know better :D, because you have demonstrated plenty of times you really don't.

funny-grumpy-miserable-man-life-quotes.jpg

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Yeah. Look I wouldn't take that.

You should rise up.

And then youtube it.

Kyokushin_1054

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What new things is everyone trying during this time?

I was able to take a little dive into building my YouTube channel for lesson videos, get fight ready for after this is over and read a lot of interesting martial arts literature and publications. Furthermore, I have also started gymnastics at home to try some new cool flips and skills that keep me entertained.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah. Look I wouldn't take that.

You should rise up.

And then youtube it.
as a nation we are far to tolerant of abuse of power and far to compliant to that abuse.

we threw away many millions of lives to fight for our freedom, now we have given our freedom( and economic futures) away to save a few thousand, mostly old people, lives, who will die soon anyway, and will probably die despite these measures

there is no cost/benefit to this nonsense at all.

isolate the at risk population( which will be considerably cheaper than shutting the whole country down and a lot more effective)and leave the rest of us the hell alone, there is nothing at all stopping the hysterical and hypochondriacs from self isolating, if they want to and no logic at all in making the rest of us join them

The BBQ police have been out again upsetting families who have isolated themselves in ''remote'' locations near pleasant spots, coz ,,, well for no logical reason at all, but people arnt allowed to have fun any more, i swear that they will be handing out fines for smiling soon

at least if rioting does start they will be to busy, to enforce petty pointless rules and totally oblivious to the fact that their enforcement of petty rules contributed to the disorder

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as a nation we are far to tolerant of abuse of power and far to compliant to that abuse.

we threw away many millions of lives to fight for our freedom, now we have given our freedom( and economic futures) away to save a few thousand, mostly old people, lives, who will die soon anyway, and will probably die despite these measures

isolate the at risk population( which will be considerably cheaper than shutting the whole country down and a lot more effective)and leave the rest of us the hell alone, there is nothing at all stopping the hysterical and hypochondriacs from self isolating, if they want to and no logic at all in making the rest of us join them

The BBQ police have been out again upsetting families who have isolated themselves in ''remote'' locations near pleasant spots, coz ,,, well for no logical reason at all, but people arnt allowed to have fun any more, i swear that they will be handing out fines for smiling soon

at least if rioting does start they will be to busy, to enforce petty pointless rules and totally oblivious to the fact that their enforcement of petty rules contributed to the disorder

Oh dear, poor Victor, whinging because he doesn't understand the situation and is stuck in his Marxist mindset. If moaning was a martial arts he'd be the 15th Dan Grandmaster of it.

"There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know. "

923639936-14c5eea8d9d1ce515af36141da5321b2.jpg

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

here is a article quoting the head of the red cross warning that ''rioting is imminent in European cities

Coronavirus riots to erupt 'at any moment' as Red Cross warns cities face 'social bomb'

ive seen another saying its a real risk in Californian, but then its always imminent in a LA
so not just me it seems thinking that this is a likelihood

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh dear, poor Victor, whinging because he doesn't understand the situation and is stuck in his Marxist mindset. If moaning was a martial arts he'd be the 15th Dan Grandmaster of it.

"There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know. "

thats not really a cogent argument, the blindness to the likely outcome seems to be affecting you,

but anyway a are we having a small wager paid to the charity of your choice, that serious disorder breaks out before the end of April ?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
here is a article quoting the head of the red cross warning that ''rioting is imminent in European cities

Coronavirus riots to erupt 'at any moment' as Red Cross warns cities face 'social bomb'

ive seen another saying its a real risk in Californian, but then its always imminent in a LA
so not just me it seems thinking that this is a likelihood
and here is another warning that food production can only be maintained for a few weeks and food riots are a real risk

Supermarkets call for police protection amid fears of rioting

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

and its not marx im taking my philosophy from its Jean-Jacques Rousseau and his concept of a social contract. that is people give up freedoms in reward for the benefits of being ruled, that is as long as most people see a personal benefit from society, in return for their freedom to self govern you have stable government and society.

as soon as that balance is tipped to far ie the freedoms are significantly reduced and or the benefits are reduced considerably, then the social contract is broken and as a moral right people start to rebel,

which general starts with rioting, if enough people feel badly enough about the situation then the situation become unstable and either governments calapse or they resort to martial law to cling on to power

though to quote marx, ''religion is the opium of the people'', if you can sell people an alternate reality, then they become blind to the erosion of freedom,they endure,

though religion has been largely replaced in the modern world, by TV, sport, recreational drugs and consumerism, as the main way of distracting people,

now, two of those distractions have gone. pubs have shut and alcohol in short supply and the shut down clearly effect the supply of illegal drugs and TV shows are stopping being filmed.

that to a great extent only leaves reality and people have a great deal of time to consider that reality, that never ends well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions