Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• ***** Riot member is hospitalized in a medical ward, state-run media reports
  • Nadezhda Tolokonnikova wrote this week that she was protesting "slave labor"
  • Russian penitentiary officials deny her claims, counter that she is blackmailing them
  • She and two other ***** Riot members were imprisoned last year after "punk prayer"
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/27/world/europe/*****-riot-hunger-strike/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Her hospitalization came just hours after her request to be transferred to another prison was denied, her lawyer, Dmitry Dinze, told the media outlet.
Tolokonnikova, 23, announced she was launching a hunger strike earlier this week. Her only sustenance for the last five days has been water, according to RIA Novosti.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Swear Filter FTL....

It took me a while to figure out what Riot we were talking about.

We should take a moment to reflect: We are still a long way away from conditions like this.
Just was just recently reminded of this reading about censorship: One singer of a popular country group remarked negatively about the president...people got upset and voted with their wallets....but she was not thrown in jail....

(for the life of me, I don't get what their problem is. I know I read their story a couple of times. it's still good to live in the Land of Free!)