impact gear

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am looking at getting some tactical impact gear. I only know of two brands Tony Blauer's high gear and Greg Thompson ' s SOC. I have never used this type I have only used Redman suits in the past. I found the Redman to be to big and clunky ,..and hot inside. I like the mobility of the new styles. does anyone have any experience, recommendations or know of any other good brands? these things are pricy. I want to get it right on my first purchase so I am looking for some advise.

Also these are for H2H only. I am not looking for sim round capable.

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I tried the Tony Blauer stuff, once. Only the body part. Gives protection, but still enough pain for feedback. The general opinion in the group was it is good, but expensive.

In comparison to another I tried, it gives more mobility, more feedback (pain) and less protection. I liked it this way. It is a good complement / alternative to training with gloves.

OP
hoshin1600

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
I tried the Tony Blauer stuff, once. Only the body part. Gives protection, but still enough pain for feedback. The general opinion in the group was it is good, but expensive.

In comparison to another I tried, it gives more mobility, more feedback (pain) and less protection. I liked it this way. It is a good complement / alternative to training with gloves.

How do you think it would do for escrima stick work ?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have used a fist suit. I think they are confidence boosters not really skill development aids. I was just too slow and clunky. And had no fear of getting hit.

Good MMA gear has been a better solution for me. Or the kudo hoods if i want to throw headbutts or elbows.

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
How do you think it would do for escrima stick work ?
I have know idea... Punches and sticks are quite different. And I only tried punches. But I image you could find harder and thinner material for that end. Why not investigate what 'stick or sword arts' are using?

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I like Tony Blauer's grear for certain things. Like if I want to go all out and my partner goes all out and we both feel enough pain. However, if I am training people and I want them to be able to go all out and I feel very little to nothing. (like getting hit with a pillow) then you have to go with the Predator Armour. Nothing quite beats being able to really let people unleash their strikes full force on a moving target to get their adrenaline going.

Welcome to Predator Armour™ – Full Force Combat Body Protection

Attachments

• IRT Scenario 3 (2).jpg
    IRT Scenario 3 (2).jpg
    53 KB · Views: 105
OP
hoshin1600

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
I see predator armor is from Fast Defense. I have seen that in action before. Reminds me of the old model mugging stuff.
The head piece is the key component there. The red man doesn't have that kind of protection.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No it doesn't. (ie. redman) In the Predator Armour I can take full shots 360 degrees to any part of my neck, head, etc. from probably any human on this planet and it feels like being hit with a pillow. The body armour is almost as good as I can definitely take full shots almost anywhere (not undr the armpits) and not feel a thing. Great suit to really let people go for it.

Latest Discussions