I'm timid and pink, please don't bite ^^;

Kiseiki

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Kiseiki. I'm female, 20 years old, and a very unlikely candidate for the martial arts. I'd like to tell a brief history just so people can become more familiar with me. Don't worry, it won't take up much time. ^_^

I've been interested in martial arts and Japanese culture as long as I can remember. My parents would never sign me up for classes because I am a girl. My little brother studied Tae Kwon Do for awhile, but he didn't like it. Even though I begged to take it, no one would allow me to. When I turned 18 and entered college, I took a class on Karate-do offered by the school. I was in it for one semester, and then I switched to Kenpo Karate. Misfortune kind of likes to follow me around; I had to quit going to that school as well, which resulted in a string of payments that I had to make regardless of being able to attend classes. It made me sad, because that tiny little dojo at the intersection of Glenstone and Sunshine streets had the most wonderful atmosphere of any dojo I have ever been to. I really do miss it and the people that attended there.

Right before I turned 19, I met the person that would later become my best friend. He told me about a little dojo he attended in his home town, and he asked permission from the sensei to start teaching me things that could determine my aptitude for their martial art. I am delighted to say that I passed every test that was ever thrown at me, and both this friend of mine and his sensei welcomed me into my favorite martial art to this very day--Iga Ryu Ninjutsu.

Shortly after I was accepted, my sensei did some research on me and I was dubbed "Kiseiki". My friend's name is "Tousou", and we are currently considered partners. I adore my Iga Ryu Ninjutsu. I'm not so good with taijutsu due to lack of training, but I study the other side of it very dilligently. I know many of you will be skeptical about me and my training. That's alright with me. You've all got a right to question some yahoo that just showed up out of nowhere on the internet. All I can do is answer questions about my own training very truthfully, and hope that I am accepted as I am. I hope that I can earn people's trust and faith in a steady manner, so that in time I may interact with you all on a less stressful level than right now. I am...pretty nervous. ^_^;

And...I am searching for other members of the various ninjutsu schools. If my name sounds familiar, I would very much appreciate a note or something. My association is pretty close-knit, which is why I'm asking. 99% of you will have never seen me before, so please don't think I'm trying to act big! ^^; I look forward to interacting with you all here!

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, and happy posting! :wavey:

There's lots of people who're at the same level of experience or less than you - so you're in good company! Poke around, ask questions, say what you think - you've found the best MA board on the web!

OP
Kiseiki

Kiseiki

White Belt
Reaction score
=D oh, thank you so much! I feel so happy already... This place has lots of great topics for me to visit. I never thought I'd find a board where people would actually speak of these martial arts subjects that are kind of...taboo, I guess. Here where I live, if you speak the words "martial arts", people start to think you're some kind of demon or heathen. It's frustrating, really.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't know where you are, but where I am there is nothing wrong with girls in martial arts, at certain times I think I've had more girls in a class then guys (not now though...)

Anyways, welcome, and just out of curiosity, what does Kiseiki mean, and how do your names get chosen? Is there a purpose / history behind the naming?

OP
Kiseiki

Kiseiki

White Belt
Reaction score
^.^ "Kiseiki" means "miracle"! (Technically, it's spelled "kiseki" these days, but...I guess it used to be "kiseiki" way back in the day...?) My name was given to me by a very special member of our order. We all respect him very, very much. I have been said to be...following in his footsteps. Also, it held true since I proved to be quite good at surprising people with my progress. It sounds a bit too good for me, but I do love how it sounds... It's cute!

And Tousou was given his name because he gets into a lot of fights. He doesn't pick them...people just like to get in his face. He's a very sweet person, and he sticks up for his friends when they're in trouble. By the way, "Tousou" means "strife".

I am in Missouri, in a place where the average graduating high school class size is 42 people. Thank you for your interest! =D

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Enjoy your stay with us! :)

Mike

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Glad you found your way here. This was the board I've been seraching for, too. Love it. Everyone very welcoming.
Good stuff in your introduction. Kudos for sticking with MA even through the setbacks. That's what will see you through.

Oh, and I was in Missouri once. Different from the coasts.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT :wavey:

we don't bite.....unless you attack or ask us too :)

Latest Discussions